About Midwest Surveys:
Midwest Surveys is a company that values its people! With over 60 years in the industry, we have been ranked as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, a Top Employer in Alberta, and ranked as a top benefits provider in Canada. We were also selected as Alberta’s Best Workplace for Health and Safety in 2008 by Venture Magazine.
Midwest Surveys is a professional land surveying firm providing geomatics services to the oil and gas industry and municipalities through our ten offices in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. We actively support local communities and we are committed to providing an outstanding work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating plans using CAD and coordinate geometry software on Windows platform stations. Your duties will include and are not limited to:
- Producing all drafting products;
- Understanding and producing base file mapping and composite plans;
- Identifying and managing survey errors in the CAD environment while collaborating with technicians and land surveyors;
- Understanding survey plan content, identifying and evaluating proper evidence descriptions;
- Understanding layers, line types and individual client requirements; and
- Using multiple communication tools, interacting regularly with internal and external clients to deliver optimal product.
A diploma in CAD Drafting or Engineering Design and Drafting with 5+ years of experience in surveying, oil and gas and the municipal drafting industry is preferred. You must have working knowledge of AutoCAD Map or Civil, the survey industry and township system. The successful candidate will also be able to produce accurate and detailed plans and demonstrate exceptional organizational and attention to detail skills.
For more information on working with Midwest Surveys or to apply for this posting online please visit the Careers section of our website. You can also submit a hard copy of your cover letter and resume, quoting posting #1324, to:
2827 Sunridge Boulevard NE
Calgary, AB T1Y 6G1
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(drafter civil 3D survey map mapper mapping technician cartographer cadastral routine EDDT)