Midwest Property Management Employee Reviews in Canada

Poorly run, disorganized company with abusive management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2016
This company is extremely disorganized and unprofessional. Staff are not trained and given little to no feedback or direction. The property manager told me and other female staff that we were hired for our looks on more than one occasion. We were also told that we were replaceable and were constantly threatened with termination. My site manager often came to work hung over. She would share with the whole office how much she had drank and details of her love life. She would leave the office for hours at a time and occasionally brought her kids to work when she couldn't get a baby sitter. She was completely unprofessional. Everyone I respected at Midwest was either fired or quit during my time there. They place no value on their people and are constantly firing and hiring. There is very little education offered and limited opportunity. If you are serious about pursuing a career in property management I advise you to stay far away from Midwest. They have no new developments and their buildings are falling apart. Unprofessional, unqualified management are running the company into the ground.
Pros
Rental discount
Wonderful place to work
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. There was always a training course that was available, it was fantastic to see how happy people were to move into their new home and the smiles on the current tenants face was always something to light up the day. Hard part was declining an application. My staff and management team were wonderful to work with. Fantastic company to work for.
Wish could give zero stars, bad work place
site manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABOctober 5, 2015
Working for lacy samson who qualifies as worst boss ever. no feedback, no training, no support whatsoever. I was fired 4 months into the job just weeks after moving into one of their properties. No cause and no reason given.

This company includes a termination without cause clause in its contracts because they want to fire you rather than invest time in developing you.

dont apply here is the best asdvice I can give you if your here deciding on a job offer.
Pros
leaving for the last time
Cons
bad managment, bad training and very quick to dismiss
It was a great company to work for.
Leasing Agent/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
Going to work every day brought on new challenges, and kept me on my toes. I had learned so much over the years from leasing units to managing properties. I started as a leasing agent and worked my way to Site Manager. The people I worked with daily were like family. My favorite part of my job was seeing the smiles on tenants faces when I would solve there problems and get them results.
Pros
Making the tenants happy
Cons
Working every 1st of the month
Great experince and place to work
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABNovember 3, 2015
Unfortunately they sold the site I was working at. It is upsetting because I really liked my position there.I worked with a great group of people
Love working here!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Great atmosphere, great company, great people. I have learned much about the real estate business and rental markets from the company which has helped me provide excellent knowledge to those around me.
large volume of accounts payable ,check runs weekly
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2014
Enjoyed the work
Worked with vendors and co workers
Did check runs on a weekly basis
Pros
was able to partispate in outside events (football games, hockey games)
Like Working with Family
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2014
This was a great environment to work in. The company is always offering employees to partake in company events (BBQ's, Theater, Games, etc) and they are very supportive in helping people advance in their current positions.
Pros
company fuctions
Cons
pay/wages
very good company to woork for really enjoyed it
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2012
come to work walked the site managed any emergencies from the night before. managed on going renovations to suites, contractors, overseen all maintenace requests, showing of suites. I enjoyed meeting new people,
Pros
worked monday to friday
Cons
travling