Factory Production Manager/Logistics Coordinator
FastWalls – Calgary, Alberta
FastWalls is looking to add a Factory Production Manager/Logistics Coordinator to our team who brings knowledge, experience, and attention to detail to our expanding Calgary operations.
Midwest Contracting is a Calgary based, family owned wall and ceiling contractor supporting quality project and asset management firms since 1988. For over 25 years, Midwest has adapted to the market many times and continues to be a leader in COR safety, customer service and environmentally progressive practices. From small projects to renovating or building 300,000 plus square feet of office or retail space, Midwest has the ability and experience needed to assemble wall and ceiling systems from conception to completion. Designers have come to rely on Midwest to execute intricate design concepts with accuracy and precision. Our team approach allows for quality control over every aspect of our installation.
FastWalls is an important and integral part of the Midwest group of companies and is quickly establishing itself as Western Canada’s premier choice for prefabricated steel stud framing systems. From their NW Calgary Factory, innovative interior and exterior construction products are constantly shipping and providing solutions that reduce the overall project schedules, onsite labor requirements, and improve safety. For more information on FastWalls please visit our websites at www.fastwalls.com and at www.mwgroup.biz
FastWalls is looking to add a Factory Production Manager/Logistics Coordinator with a proven track record and solid administrative skills. Extensive knowledge and experience of interior and exterior steel stud construction and wall systems is a must. Experience running factory production crews and handling inventory tracking and logistics is a baseline requirement. This position is expected to manage all daily requirements of the NW Calgary factory operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Scheduling and coordinating of work crews
- Tracking inventory and requisitioning materials from purchasing
- Quality Control from finished products
- Coordination and supervision of the loading and shipping of finished products
- Liaise with Operations Manager on all aspects of factory production
- Implementation of LEAN practices in the factory shop environment including an attitude of continues improvement
- Conduct safety reviews and safety reports as requested by the Safety manager
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of five (3) to seven (5) years management experience
- The ability to maintain the highest professional ethics and standards;
- Experience reading and interpreting construction blueprints
- A minimum of five (5) years experience with interior and exterior light gauge steel construction
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong people and communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong MS Office skills and general computer skills
- The ability to excel under high pressure scheduling and deadlines
- A positive outlook and a “Can do” attitude.
FastWalls is a growing, high-energy company and provides a team oriented work environment as well as an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Medical, and RX Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid personal days and vacation in your first year
If you are a detail oriented, experienced, and anxious to become part of a dynamic team, this exciting opportunity is for you! Please email resume and cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job . We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.