Midwest Caissons Inc.
Midwest Caissons Inc. is currently hiring for Full-time Labourers in the Edmonton area.
Want to join a family owned and operated company, where you will be seen as an individual and not just another number? Midwest Caissons Inc. takes pride in creating a great place to work by providing an environment that fosters success and development. We encourage teamwork and benefit from the success of our people. Midwest Caissons has been in operation for over 10 years and is a foundation piling company with 10 foundation drilling machines in our fleet and is quickly growing.
This job involves work mainly around the Edmonton area; however, there may also be some inter-Provincial travel required. In some cases there may even be work located in the Saskatchewan region.
The General Labourer position will involve working on different crews doing various jobs, so having skills in a number of areas, as well as being able to get along with people, is important.
- * Notify piling supervisor of unanticipated field changes and suggest possible alternatives
- Participate in daily/weekly and monthly safety meetings and document equipment safety inspections
- * Operate and maintain company vehicles and equipment safely at all times
- Assist the driller by changing over tools and conducting routine maintenance
- Co-operate with and assist the Pile Inspector
- Measuring and recording information in a timely and effective manner
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Operating a Skid Steer to level dirt and move tools
- Pouring concrete and vibrating the pile when completed
- Act as a spotter for hazards and potential hazards
- Follow all OH&S work safe requirements as well as the policies and procedures laid out in the Midwest Caissons Inc. Safety manual.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
1) Tooling experience
2) 2+ years construction experience
3) Experience operating a John Deere Skidsteer
4) Excellent communication skills
5) Must be able to work closely with co-workers as a team.
6) - Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
7) - Must be able to accept direction.
8) Must have a Valid Driver License