Job Summary: Prepares for, drives and leads active, multi-day tours of Yukon Territory/Alaska and the Rocky Mountains for small groups. The driver/leader delivers an enjoyable and world class tour experience while ensuring the safety and comfort of customers.
Reports to: Operations Manager of Midnight Sun Adventure Tours.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Valid class 4 driver’s unrestricted license and clean driver abstract.
- Wilderness first aid certification, or equivalency.
- Previous leadership, camping and group cooking experience.
- Knowledge of the natural history, wildlife and geography of the Yukon Territory/Alaska and the Rocky Mountains.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Professionalism: Interpersonal, communication and public relations skills, cognizant of guide/passenger boundaries. Works from a company perspective. Participates in professional development.
- Leadership: Decision-making, risk management, conflict resolution and organizational abilities. Well versed in managing individual and group dynamics. Ability to work independently in isolated areas.
- Driving: Proficient in the handling and maintenance of Class 4 type vehicles. Knowledgeable of professional driver documentation requirements.
- Interpretation: Ability to describe personal interpretation by demonstration, pantomime, and lecture.
- Cooking: Organization skills and time management skills combined with environmentally sensitive food preparation and disposal techniques.
Driver/leaders are required to work outside normal working hours and are stationed in Various cities and towns in western North America, depending on the tour program(s) they are assigned. Consequently,
they must be flexible with assignments and be prepared to travel on short notice. An above average level of physical fitness is required as driving, hiking, and camping are major expectations of this position.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Closing date: May 6/13