The Middlesex-London Health Unit is currently seeking a temporary full-time Data Analyst to work under the direction of the Manager, Information Technology for a period of six months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designs databases, establishes coding and data entry guidelines
- Conducts analysis and data quality checks
- Summarizes and presents data (i.e. tables, graphs, maps) and contributes to the preparation of manuscripts, presentations and posters, ensuring that the data is accurately documented
- Participates in identifying data sets required by the Health Unit
- An honours undergraduate degree in statistics, applied mathematics, health informatics, or equivalent education and experience
- At least two years of experience analyzing quantitative data, preferably in a research environment in a health or human service organization
- Strong background in database development, management and analysis, including data verification and quality control procedures
- In-depth knowledge of Access, Excel, statistical packages (e.g. SAS or SPSS), word processing and mapping packages, and data programming languages
- Project management skills
- The ability to communicate in French and other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see www.healthunit.com to apply for this position and for further information about our programs and services.
Please apply using email by August 9, 2013, quoting posting #FTITDAOPP-0713/01, to:
Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.