MIDAS

MIDAS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall this Auto shop is a very reliable place to get what you are expecting from one. Whether customer or worker you will be love Midas Auto Experts
Auto apprentice (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
A typical day working as a auto apprentice would involve the basics of auto maintenance. Whether a vehicle would come in for an oil change, tire swap or more complex work like brake replacement i would be conducting a full-on car inception to see if all the basics safety components are intact.

Working at Midas, i learned a wide variety of things, if it meant experience or work ethic there would never be a day working there that i wouldn't come home and reflect on. Management was amazing, the boss allowed 3 breaks on a very well-timed fashion and my co-workers were all helpful, especially during the first 2 weeks which i was not familiar with the area i was working in.

The Most difficult part of the job was advancing because that mainly depended on my part learning at the rate i was most comfortable in. And the most enjoyable part would have to be the same aspect, because although advancing in a job would require me to put more effort and time, it meant that i was learning more and more towards something i can call a life career.
Fun and Busy
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 27, 2014
Everyone had their own job to do and everyone completed it effectively daily while still having fun and being respectful of customers and staff.
Try my best to learn how to work.
Lube Mechanic & Volunteer (Former Employee), london,onNovember 9, 2014
I was doing almost everything in the shop. My Job includes courtesy check, oil change, brake service, tire service, wheel alignment and so on. Clean up and organize stuff are also my responsibility. I like fix cars and I don’t afraid to get my hands dirty. I am also a good team worker and willing to help each other.
Enjoy working with my staff and customers
General Manager/ Owner (Current Employee), ScarboroughOctober 27, 2014
I enjoyed serving my customers and taking care of their needs.
company owner at time went under
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 23, 2014
I hated my job, owner was treating store like a piggy bank not an investment
Gained mechanical and customer service experience
Mechanics Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
I assisted mechanics with troubleshooting, repairing, installing new brakes and exhaust systems on cars and trucks.

I set up and dismantled the alignment machine, and complete oil changes for customer vehicles.
I hated this place.
Work Experiance. (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABMay 26, 2014
Pros: i learned stuff, long lunches.
Cons: dirty, crude, annoying.
I did not enjoy this work place at all and due to that I let my responsibility slip.
good place
Volunteer as Auto Mechanic Assisstant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2014
good environment to work at if you like to work with cars.
loved working there. co-workers were nice and lively.
good management.
nothing hard about the job once you get used to it.
had fun working there.
Some Franchisee are great to work with some aren't
Manager (Current Employee), PickerningJuly 16, 2013
Cons: the hours for a manager is what is expected and that is fine by me
I love customer service. Helping people and making them feel good and understanding about their purchases or even seeing a smile in their faces makes me very happy and then i know my job is done well. I beleive in teamwork and honesty. Unfortunately the franchisee i'm working with does not feel that way
co-op
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 18, 2013
worked on many difrent kinds of cars and diffrent jobs to do on each
co-op position
Shop Helper (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: long hours
I was a co-op student there and I learned a lot. the guys there are very respectfull and supportive. they will teach you what they can when they could. The managment sometimes run around like lost children but otherwise a really good place to work for. the management sometimes rips people off e.g customer came in had an exhaust leak and wanted to charge customer for a whole new exhaust and anouther mechanic welded on a peice of pipe and it was good to go.
ok job
General Labourer (Former Employee), Niagara Falls OntarioDecember 28, 2012
Cons: hardly ever was aloud lunch
mostly every day was the same at midas, i worked saturday's and i would have to clean the mess other's had made but didn't bother to clean them. oil on the floor. scrap parts every ware. as well as cleaning i did oil changes sevral a day. i also cut the grass pulled weeds.
Worst place I ever worked
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 15, 2012
Pros: picked up lots on hand on knowledge of automoblies
Cons: owner was no good to his employees or customers
The service technician very skilled and friendly. Lots on opportunities to learn the mechanics of the automotive trade. Managment/Owner was very bad to thier customers. Thankfully they went bankrupt and owner is not working in the industry anymore
Quiet Garage
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2012
Pros: free lunch, friendly staff
Cons: long hours, owner not in touch with employees
Work 8-6:30
Learned Various Automotive Repair Techniques
Management was fair
Enjoyed my job!!! I love meeting and interacting with people!!!!
Front counter receptionist (Former Employee), St.Catharines,OnJune 18, 2012
Pros: wonderful clients
Cons: could not think of any!!!
Typical day consisted of invoicing and cashing out all clients. Answering telephone, ordering parts from suppliers!!! Provided quality
sales and customer service!! Learned quite a bit about vehicles and parts as well... Great manager. Very helpful. Mechanics and I worked very well together. Most enjoyable part was working with many wonderful clients, and the administrative aspect of the job.
More challenges, the better, something i really enjoy!!!
A very good company to work for
Owner/Operator/Manager (Former Employee), Penticton B.C.March 2, 2012
Pros: very professional place of employment, good working conditions
Cons: i can't think of any
I worked for Midas most of my life, 38 years. I was owner/operator of this store.

About MIDAS

Midas hopes to apply a golden touch to the car repair business. In addition to focusing on brake and exhaust system services, – Read more

MIDAS Photos