MIDAS Employee Reviews

Was a great place to work for
Assistant Manager / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC3 November 2016
Boss was an automotive enthusiast and very knowledge
able. Easy to get along with. Work was varied. Some long hours.
Because it is a franchise, I found it to be a little structured like the military. I was able to manage and train employees as well
Pros
Normally 9-5 . Steady pay
Cons
Like most auto repair places, the odd complaint. But that just gave me additional skills how to deal with customers
midas was not the best
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2016
While at midas i wasnt appriciated for the amount of work that i could do and that i have done. the owner was not a nice person at all and put himself over his employees all of the time. dont go to midas
Pros
free lunch friday
Cons
manager
Amazing
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 August 2016
All the staff and management treat you like family and do everything they can to make you feel happy at work.
They are always happy to accomodate and give time off for your personal life and are happy to help students with their education.
Excellent if you can find an Owner Like I had
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
Loved working with Midas. Loved my boss and the work. Mechanics fairly competent. However, there is always one bad apple in the group who makes work a hassle now and then.
Great place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2016
Great place to work. Professional, reliable and efficient. They are honest and will treat the customer like family
Productive and hard working
changed oil, change tires, other mechanical work (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 June 2016
How to repair different makes of vehicles, different mechanical duties, up keep of shop and vehicles, balanced tires great co workers
Never again
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
The owners are cheap
Rip customers off
If you're planning on working flat rate there's no money
I was working hourly and the boss had me washing his car when there was nothing to do and would send me home early almost everyday
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Low pay
Good reliable company
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 February 2016
Exciting days ,always fast pace with oil changes when work is slow always find something to do for work. Management is good team always understanding of what you need. Most enjoyable about the job is the workers and management team always have a smile on there face and wanting to work all the time.
Pros
same hours every week
Cons
low pay
was fun to work at everyone was so expirienced in what they did
service technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2016
all the workers knew well of their jobs and where willing to help if needed lots of work constantly and always where attentive when customers came in to get their cars worked on all had the tools needed for the job to be done
rebuilding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orleans Ontario10 May 2015
Midas had lots of opportunity but many employees were jaded & negative. This made everyday work scheduling difficult.
The marketing plan was excellent but nobody was ready to make it happen at the store level.
Pros
excellent bonus structure
Cons
no follow through on marketing
Overall this Auto shop is a very reliable place to get what you are expecting from one. Whether customer or worker you will be love Midas Auto Experts
Auto apprentice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2015
A typical day working as a auto apprentice would involve the basics of auto maintenance. Whether a vehicle would come in for an oil change, tire swap or more complex work like brake replacement i would be conducting a full-on car inception to see if all the basics safety components are intact.

Working at Midas, i learned a wide variety of things, if it meant experience or work ethic there would never be a day working there that i wouldn't come home and reflect on. Management was amazing, the boss allowed 3 breaks on a very well-timed fashion and my co-workers were all helpful, especially during the first 2 weeks which i was not familiar with the area i was working in.

The Most difficult part of the job was advancing because that mainly depended on my part learning at the rate i was most comfortable in. And the most enjoyable part would have to be the same aspect, because although advancing in a job would require me to put more effort and time, it meant that i was learning more and more towards something i can call a life career.
Fun and Busy
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 November 2014
Everyone had their own job to do and everyone completed it effectively daily while still having fun and being respectful of customers and staff.
Try my best to learn how to work.
Lube Mechanic & Volunteer (Former Employee) –  london,on9 November 2014
I was doing almost everything in the shop. My Job includes courtesy check, oil change, brake service, tire service, wheel alignment and so on. Clean up and organize stuff are also my responsibility. I like fix cars and I don’t afraid to get my hands dirty. I am also a good team worker and willing to help each other.
Enjoy working with my staff and customers
General Manager/ Owner (Current Employee) –  Scarborough27 October 2014
I enjoyed serving my customers and taking care of their needs.
company owner at time went under
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 October 2014
I hated my job, owner was treating store like a piggy bank not an investment
Gained mechanical and customer service experience
Mechanics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2014
I assisted mechanics with troubleshooting, repairing, installing new brakes and exhaust systems on cars and trucks.

I set up and dismantled the alignment machine, and complete oil changes for customer vehicles.
I hated this place.
Work Experiance. (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB26 May 2014
I did not enjoy this work place at all and due to that I let my responsibility slip.
Pros
I learned stuff, long lunches.
Cons
Dirty, crude, annoying.
good place
Volunteer as Auto Mechanic Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2014
good environment to work at if you like to work with cars.
loved working there. co-workers were nice and lively.
good management.
nothing hard about the job once you get used to it.
had fun working there.
Some Franchisee are great to work with some aren't
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickerning16 July 2013
I love customer service. Helping people and making them feel good and understanding about their purchases or even seeing a smile in their faces makes me very happy and then i know my job is done well. I beleive in teamwork and honesty. Unfortunately the franchisee i'm working with does not feel that way
Cons
The hours for a manager is what is expected and that is fine by me
Productive and fun place to work
Stock Control& Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Agincourt, ON3 April 2013
I really enjoyed working here
I learned how to operate the computer benders
And worked well with management and co-workers