Our client is a privately owned, entrepreneurial equipment manufacturing company located in Saskatchewan. The organization has a strong reputation for quality and customer service. The company offers competitive compensation, a compelling mandate, and the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company’s growth strategy.
An opening currently exists for a pro-active Director of Operations to lead the production functions of the organization, while focusing on continuous improvement and efficiency. Reporting to the President, the Director of Operations will be a member of the leadership team for the business, and will lead a team of direct reports (including Managers of Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, Production, and Supply Chain) and a team of over 65 line workers. The role will provide operational leadership to ongoing production while leading the organization to increased productivity through cost reductions, quality improvement, process re-engineering, and improved cycle times and inventory turns. The position will also support business profitability through effective management of operating budgets.
- Use Lean, Six Sigma or other advanced manufacturing methodologies to achieve operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Lead the development of processes, standard operating procedures and manufacturing best practices, operational controls and supply chain enhancement.
- Participate as a member of the company leadership team in the development of strategy and the overall company budget. Work effectively with the leadership team to drive the business forward.
- Develop and implement KPIs and produce timely reporting to ensure the leadership team is informed and able to make effective business decisions.
- Manage the operational and CAPEX budgets for the functional areas within his/her mandate.
- Engage with client organizations as required to demonstrate the capabilities of the organization.
- Ensure workforce planning and scheduling meets the business needs.
- Provide strong people leadership through setting clear expectations, assessing performance, and coaching and mentoring.
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Ensure a safe work environment through providing leadership and operational oversight of the health, safety & compliance functions.
- Foster employee engagement and a high performance work environment
- A university degree in Engineering or other relevant discipline, together with at least 10 years of progressive operations experience in manufacturing – ideally within equipment, automotive or other metals manufacturing industries.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in plant management roles within small to midsize companies or in management roles leading operations, engineering, quality or related functions within a large manufacturing facility.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other recognized manufacturing best practices methodologies, together with a verifiable track record of continuous improvement and production enhancement.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop high performance teams and to instill a mentality of continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Superior planning, budgeting and scheduling skills.
- Has strong financial skills and a history of improving operational financial performance.
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement that will generate a bottom-line benefit to the organization.
- Brings both an operational and a strategic mindset – able to provide operations leadership on a day-to-day basis, while also planning for the future and providing strategic leadership as a member of the executive team.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and industry trends.
- Able to engage with clients as needed to demonstrate the business’ capabilities.
- Strong understanding and ability to generate the maximum benefit from IT / ERP systems.
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, and adaptable to the needs of small to midsize organization.
Indeed - 2 years ago