Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to explore your passion
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), US , Redmond WAJuly 11, 2014
My first assignment was to deliver a “Big Bet” project for the Learning domain for partners. This was delivered on time within budget with an excellent feedback from all stake holders increasing the CPE by 20 % which gave the India team end to end ownership of the learning domain. This project set the path for next assignments that landed on my plate – more... – to transform the “Partner Dashboard” application and the “Partner Portal” to the next generation system to scale up to the business needs.
Some key recent assignments were to migrate Partner Portal on SharePoint 2013 which not only increased the customer partner experience, but also reduced business cost by 30 % by not having to have dependency on engineering cycles for content changes and reducing the publishing pain with older process. My other assignments were on Key area in the Sales and Marketing division – which is on the Lead to Order process which is a key project to enables revenue for Microsoft IT. This is on Dynamics CRM technology and a combination of other technologies like sliver light and SQL server to complement the diverse business needs. Some of the recent programs was again on SharePoint platform (MASS, Partner PORTAL, Membership. Next and OEM Portals, building complex BI and Operations reports for the OEM partners and sales force) with business critical functionality to be delivered as per the POR. – less
Rat race
SDE II (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 11, 2014
Rat race all over the place. There is whole lot of empire building in different teams. Microsoft waste lots of money and time in ego-centric development process.
One of the Best Places to work for
Compliance Coordinator (Internship) (Former Employee), United Arab Emirates, DubaiJuly 10, 2014
Pros: amazing work atmosphere
Cons: i would say none
According to my experience here at Microsoft I feel that I have grown a lot as a person and my business acumen has enhanced a lot since I have been a part of this prestigious company. My Boss is really encouraging and easy going, acting as a mentor and making me feel comfortable with the situations faced and allowed me to learn the techniques to overcome – more... many challenges we may face in our day to day business life. – less
Employee Friendly
Scrum Master+ Test Lead (Current Employee), Redmond WAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: employee friendly
Cons: more work
Very supportive and employee friendly company, ping pong and pool games in all the floors.
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee), RedmondJuly 7, 2014
Good place to work. Can learn all the advanced Microsoft technologies. Very good infrastructure available. Nice work environment.
Great Place to work
Accountant (Former Employee), USAJuly 4, 2014
Great place to work with advance Technologies. Is fantastic the way in where we can work with a lot of professional personnel.
Amazing Environment
IT Setup and Support Technician (Former Employee), Reading, ENGJuly 4, 2014
A very competitive, high target phased environment with pressure from management.
Software engineer
SDE (Former Employee), RedmondJuly 2, 2014
I was working as a tool developer in Microsoft. It's the best company ever. Best co-worker, employees and managers. I'm loving it.
No value as a employee
Service Advisor/Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), ScottsdaleJuly 1, 2014
Management has very poor managerial skills. Treat employees as objects not people. Promises made but not kept. Very disappointed in a company this size. Been in the technology business for 20+ years and have never been treated the way Microsoft treats its staff.
Dynamic Company with growth
Tier 3 Escalations (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
Working in any position that requires you to have customer service skills can be at times, stressful and overwhelming, especially when you are dealing with struggling or upset customers. Knowing how to properly develop these skills will help you to excel in any customer service position, regardless of your responsibility and the type of customers you – more... are working with each day. – less
Productive and well worth the hours invested to gain more skills
Assist customers (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
The job is a great way to gain knowledge in customer service, accounts, and technical support
Earn While you learn and have fun
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJune 27, 2014
.Day starts with the requirement for the issues to be addressed on priority.
. Learned about the way the meeting are to be conducted and train the new staff.
. It was nerve a burden full Job.
Amazing
Xbox Ambassador (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible, skills advancement, learn something new every day.
Cons: no pay it's voluntary.
Although "Working" as a Xbox Ambassador doesn't give pay and is totally optional to the person it does give amazing opportunities to advance in or start to get some experience in Communication Skills and Social Skills for Customer Care.

All the work you do is done by your own schedule meaning if you want you can start at 12 at night it wouldn't matter – more... and there's no timer it's simply as if you were a Moderator answering questions and helping someone find their issues or problems and fix them.

Overall my time as a Xbox Ambassador has thought me amazing things in those two skill sets and given me a more in depth meaning of what it means to be in the Customer Care and Support business. – less
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst / Total Case Ownership (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 26, 2014
Nice place to work, everyone was very supportive and helpful.
Fun place at times.
Retail Services Advisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch, great benefits, fun to play
Cons: standing all day.
Nice environment could have been the worlds dream job with better management placement.
it was ok
Imaging Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 23, 2014
• Re-image 35,000 Windows XP & 7 machines to Windows 7 64 bit OS, and perform ALL necessary upgrade and change requests per users
Great job
Services Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Great team, challenging workload. Diverse group of personalities driving towards a common goal of changing the hearts and minds of consumers and businesses.
Great Place to Work
Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WashingtonJune 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, technology, smart people
Cons: work life balance, middle management
Great place to work. Super smart people. Management needs to help in career growth.
Senior PM Manager
Senior PM Manager (Current Employee), Las Colinas, XJune 20, 2014
I evolved my role this year into a Portfolio Manager to manage ideas that came through our work intake pipeline. There were total 10 project all at a global scale, spanning offshore and onshore resources that were delivered under my direct or indirect supervision.

I extended my role to managing organizational activities that fall in the Business Management – more... function. I managed:
1.Offsite (Team formation)
2.Team Commitments
3. Executive Review
4.Stakehlder Buy in
5.Timeline targets
6.Budget for the team (Travel/Training)
7.Vendor and FTE Hiring
8.SOW Management
9.Invoice Management
10.ROB (Monthly Newsletters and Reviews)

I supported all my team members within and across the organizations whenever I was asked to help out either in the capacity of managing programs, as a SME or to mitigate risks and put projects back on track. I also initiated a SCRUM Certification effort for all Senior PM's within the Organization and completed that effort in 60 days. Our PM Team are Certified Scrum Masters. Additionally, I have maintained by PMP Certification and my Application for Agile Program Manager Certification has been approved by the Project Management Institute.

I love working as a team, the collaboration and feeling of accomplishing things together. Helping each other and team members succeed is what I enjoy most.

I am challenged by non-value add process and systems and places where there is a lack of ownership to solve problems. – less
Great Place to work for
Director, Strategy and Enterprise Architecture (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 20, 2014
Pros: great community, very competitive
Cons: review system
Microsoft offers an opportunity to impact & influence the world through its products & services. Great place to learn and develop individually.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more