Microsoft
1,012 reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
this company is a good place to work, making employees very comfortable
Technical Support (Former Employee), 上海市, 中国December 14, 2014
Pros: free drinkings
Cons: short breaks
I think Microsoft provides good facility service to employees and good working environment, encouraging us to balance work and life.
microsft
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: nice manager and co workers
Cons: no benefit
A good and organized company. Both co workers and manager are nice and friendly. In addition, I have so many chance to learn in here.
fun atmosphere, great way to build career
Windows 8 Campus Representative (Former Employee), blacksburgDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great resume builder
Cons: standing all day
best place to work if you are in college and looking for extra cash
Great Learning Environment
Software Developer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 11, 2014
Pros: free drinks, lots of learning resources, and benefits are good
Cons: teams and priorities are always changing...review process is awful
There are great resources for research and development. Layoffs have really put a damper on things. Benefits are still better than most places but they are slowly becoming like other companies. The yearly review process still sucks.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 8, 2014
Nice place to work with excellent people and good work culture. The shift with Dev/ops concept is changing the expectations and culture in a good way in the company.
Great company with smart people
Software Engineer, .Net Framework (Current Employee), Redmond, waDecember 8, 2014
Full of smart people who are very approachable, great work culture
Challenging and Enjoyable
Territory Marketing Ambassador (Former Employee), YorkshireDecember 5, 2014
Pros: the work itself, seeing improvements based on your contributions, and being rewarded with the satisfaction your results
Cons: management style, support, job security
Engaging with fascias on a store level to promote products and engage staff to promote through advocacy
Create and run store based incentives to further advance market share and prominence in said fascias
Audit compliance in store to maximise investment opportunities
Train staff to the full potential of their knowledge to allow them to in turn promote the products to customers
Complete admin visits to major fascias including PC World, Carphone Warehouse and Currys to ensure Microsoft presence is in the forefront of their minds and ensure marketing messages are being correctly delivered in store
All of the above is under the radar and although they are allowed by the head office of the major companies involved (O2, EE, Hutchinson 3, Carphone Warehouse, Vodafone and PC world) these tasks are completed through building effective relationships in store and gaining the trust and faith of the staff
Busy and productive workplace
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee), SandyfordDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
Its typically a busy but fulfilling day at arvato(microsoft).
i've learnt how to become a part of the team as we work on cases together and keep the queue at a minimum each day.
My Co workers see me as hard working and quirky. i always reach my daily target.
the hardest part of the job is the really demanding hours, we do alot of 12 hour shifts.
Overall i enjoy the job because it gives me challenges and i overcome them and learn new things
Great place to grow a career
UX Program Manager on Search - Xbox One (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, stock, salary
Cons: politics, ability to advance
Microsoft is full of opportunity. The company is one of the most cutting edge companies in the world. They understand business and home users and deliver unique experiences for both.

The co-workers at Microsoft are some of the smart people you will find in the tech industry.
Excellent Company to work for
PRINCIPAL TEST MANAGER (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: health benefits, work environment, encouraged new ideas, company store discount
Cons: location
A typical work hour day was 7am-7pm with the understanding that you would be reachable online after these hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was being supported by my Directors in thinking up and initiating new processes to save the company money and time. I always had a reliable team that would support our goals and we respected and supported each other throughout my time at Microsoft. The hardest part of the job was the work/home life balance and finding qualified people to do the job. You can train skill sets but you cannot train laziness. Management is tricky as you can't manage people to do work for you. You have to motivate them to want to do work for the team and drive their desire to keep working on new and exciting projects.
Great work environment
Consultant (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
It is an awesome work environment where you tell yourself at what level should I be as there are several talented people to work with.
Exposure to several different information technology tools and infrastructures. Great environment to learn working in a dynamic and high volume development process.
Overall Great Experince
Service Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 3, 2014
I really enjoy the atmosphere and culture of the group I am in. The only real downside is being a vendor.
Rewarding and challenging position
Escalation Engineer, Beta Lead, Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: training, team structure, benefits
Cons: 24x7 high stress environment
What can I say? Microsoft was by far the most challenging and rewarding company to work for.

The chance to be involved with the most current technologies, training at the highest level, a great team oriented culture and benefits that were second to none.
Productive and Fun work place with challanging work
Technical Sales and Product Advisor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 3, 2014
Data Analysis
Business/System analysis
Microsoft Business Tools
Excellent place to work with great work/life balance
IT Solution Manager - ECIT OEM SD Total (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2014
Great challenging and fast paced working environment with great benefits. Always working with the latest technology and current practices. Very smart and fun people. Good project management guidelines and methodologies. Reasonable performance review process and very good total rewards program.
A recognised thought leader - World class , dynamic , inventive ,company
Head of Field IT Program Management (Current Employee), DublinDecember 2, 2014
An excellent company to work for offering loads of opportunities for career development. Starting off in finance I moved into IT where my passion lies. As a people manager responsible for delivering on key strategic programs MS allows for a varied and challenging day ranging from strategic planning to tangible delivery showcasing MS technologies whilst enhancing client productivity , with a huge focus placed on developing the people within my team. Organisations worked in always contained a richness of diversity of opinion and ideas which challenges you to think differently and accommodate different viewpoints while always remaining customer and service focus.
I received great experience there and made life enduring friendships and shared wonderful life changing experiences.
I cannot highly recommend MS enough if you ever get the opportunity to work there.
Administrative Assistant / Group Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 1, 2014
This was by far the best place I have ever worked. The people were great and I was instantly part of a family. I learned that I had more to offer than just office skills. My Manager told me that he would have liked to see me as a Project Manager for the company, however i didn't have any experience so that didn't work in my favor. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. They believed in each other and myself and compensated well.
productive
warehouse (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CANovember 28, 2014
Pros: 40 plus hours
Cons: hot warehouse
was a fast paced job
learned new skills
was a nice group of ppl to work with
lots of walking
fun company
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 28, 2014
Pros: free parking, volunteer work
the culture was eloping. one of the best companies as far as resources was undeniably abundant. Helped to reform abilities to critique my own work to see where I could improve on my efficiency and productivity. Culture helped create lasting bond between co-workers. overall great environment to work in.
Dog Eat Dog Environment
Onboarding Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: environment, favoritism, racism, sexism
The company as a whole provides is enjoyable. But the department in which I work (Office 365 Onboarding Center) is not. The project is new and the management consists of people thrown together from other departments. All eyes are on the project as it may change the way business is done from a customer service standpoint.

There is no cohesiveness due to everyone clamoring for the spotlight. Leads and managers were not trained for their positions but thrown into them to save them from layoffs from other departments.

The project as a whole was rushed, therefore missing the start date promised to customers by a full month. Partners and account managers were not properly notified which causes confusion on the customer end. In short, the whole project is a joke.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more