Microsoft Employee Reviews

Une journee de travail chez t3c
Chef d'équipe au sein de T3C (Current Employee) –  TUNIS21 May 2014
la journée du travail commence d'abord par la préparation des statistiques du J-1, puis par les suivis individuels de chaque collaborateur.
Bien sur a fur et à mesure je supervise mon équipe à partir d'un outils de pilotage
Je veille à l'atteinte des objectifs fixés par le client et j'interviens à chaud lorsqu'il faut pour remonter en compétence un de mes collaborateur ou pour remonter des dysfonctionnement...
Pros
dynamisme et travail d'équipe
Cons
la fatigue et le stress
Passionate, dedicated person who leads programs and projects to drive impact.
Global Escalations Manger- Process & Quality (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont19 May 2014
Business program leader with 15 years of progressive experience with dynamic, fast paced customer centric organizations who drives transformation in customer support engagements for flagship products & services. Rich background in delivering support, service, sales, and loyalty and retention efforts for key Consumer brands. Excellent achievement and a track record of creating valued partnerships with Business, Stakeholders, Partners, Marketing & Engineering teams that deliver business impact and customer value. Extensive knowledge of online and Brick and Mortar merchandizing, billing, purchase and support experience.
Demonstrated Vision and Success in the following:
Inspires and energizes organizations to commit and move together toward a shared vision.
Takes on and sees through difficult endeavors with can-do attitude, honesty and integrity.
Develops people, enable talent and embrace change. Always ready to launch and land in market products and service to achieve a competitive edge.
Pros
Excellent work culture, world class software and services
Cons
global engagment, too much travel
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta14 May 2014
A typical day at work. learned to work with other people. that is all I have to say
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing Long hours
Microsoft
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa13 May 2014
Working for Microsoft was a challenge. We never had the proper tools to do the job. They would not provide us with the software they wanted us to support. We had to burn illegal copies ( Microsoft gave us the ok) yourself. Location was also an issue, cubicle farm as we called it.
Pros
Direct connection to MS KB database, Training from Redmont techs
Cons
salary, lack of tools
Microsoft
IT Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2014
• Member of Microsoft’s lead Operations Consultant Team. Successfully lead the completion of eight large, multi-factorial and multi-million projects
• Developed strategic plans to initiate organic organizational maturity, improve governance and management of IT Operations around people, process and technology.
• Identified specific measures to establish automation and governance practices to reduce resource dependence and enhance ROI, per ITIL and other industry best practices per ITIL, PMI, ISO, COBIT, and CMMI
• Established people, process and technology roadmap to improve IT operations and embark cloud services. Created framework to grow IT operations consulting business within Canada, which increased number of engagements by +50%
• Analyzed and optimized team structures to support diversified IT Operations for dynamic organizations. Enhanced processes required to ensure high services availability and reliability. Ensured effective coordination between cross functional departments by breaking silos and introducing collaboration services to enhance communication and coordination
• Enhanced team members’ knowledge on ITIL, MOF and Microsoft technologies and executed internal training workshops. Exceeded customer expectations for all projects and engagements
• Managed multimillion business, infrastructure, technology and solution transformation projects to rollout Microsoft technologies such as hybrid/private/public cloud, Microsoft System center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM), Cloud private/public, virtualization, AD, Exchange, O365, ITSM Tools, CRM-Dynamics, lync, TFS, FIM, SQL
  more... Server, Share Point, PKI, and Windows azure/server/desktops
• Exceeded customer expectations while working for Gov of Ontario (MTO, JTS, LTC, LAT, OCPC), Gov of Manitoba, Gov of Alberta, Gov of Saskatchewan, Gov of NB, Region of Niagara, Sask Energy, City of Vancouver, eHealth, Metrolinx, Vancouver Transit, ATCO, SUNCOR, EPCOR, Magna, Vale, Telus, Rogers, Peel Region Police, CIBC, RBC, Conexus Credit Union, Sunlife, Manulife, Stikeman, Loblaws and Blackberry,
Productive environment, fun place to work
Corporate Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP25 April 2014
Microsoft India is a fun place to work.Not only does the campus boast of facilities such as lawn tennis courts, a football field and large cafe, it has some of the brightest minds to work with. It has a work environment conducive to productivity and the management is extremely friendly and approachable.
Fun and super-cool place to work
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2014
Full of smart and interesting people from all over the world.
The competition is hot on our heels!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2014
They days of Microsoft being the del facto standard are behind them. The company is a little too large and arrogant to compete with Google and Apple but upper management is starting to change. Mid managers are still interested in one thing your funnel and license sales.

There is no training for Account Managers, so you are on your own to figure out everything
Ecellent experience
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough25 March 2014
This event has bring developers together to work on their dream app for kick start the windows 8, such great time to work with other developers as a team
Consulting in Xbox through Simplicity
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, Wa6 March 2014
Amazing opportunities and relationships that Simplicity has in top groups at Microsoft. Day to day experience dependent on your Microsoft manager, Simplicity makes an effort to bridge the gap and reach out for feedback but it is ultimately up to you. As in all consulting, job security is iffy, but if you build your network as you go and save for the breaks of employment you incur, you will love it. The pay is much higher then FTE roles at other companies.
Pros
Free sodas at Microsoft, Fun products, some of the perks of workign alongside msft employees
Cons
Lack of job security, Questioning whether the agency has you or the clients best interest
daily work
Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow13 November 2013
o Performed problem-solving and efficient troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook (All versions of Microsoft Office installation send/receive issue in outlook, outlook express and windows mail, update and upgrade office system etc.)
o Assisted customers synchronizing between outlook and mobile device using active sync
o Demonstrated knowledge and effective uses of Support Professional tools, applications, and operating systems by utilize the Knowledge Base Article, internet and internal application
o Demonstrated Support Professional skills by document case information into the Clarify and CAP system, utilized the intercom phone system, typing and verbal communication with front line support agent
Tough, but fun and stimulating
GROUP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA12 November 2013
I loved working at Microsoft. They really did have a culture of trying to make work fun, interesting and compelling. The work was hard, and hours were long, but one got a real sense of having done something worthwhile, not because the products were that fabulous but because management tried to show that they valued everyone's contributions.
Pros
Treat you fairly and pay you well
Cons
Constant change can be discombobulating
Game rooms, pool tables, and a fridge full of beers! (after 5 pm only)
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2013
atypical day at work would include, receiving calls from home users to rectify their computer or PC issues. I learned how to probe and be patient in learning and understanding the customer needs. How to communicate resolutions to the presented problems in a simple vocab. co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the commute, as I was living a city away, none the less I was always there and on time.
24/7/365 prison.
C# Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA9 September 2013
On the other hand - If you are young, fast and single - great place to start your career.
Fun place to work at
Software Developer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP4 September 2013
With lots of smart and talented peers

Good work life balance
Exciting Work, Always Leading the Pack
Senior Analyst/Excel/ SQL Reporting (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA19 June 2013
I enjoyed working with Microsoft. Everyone is dedicated and fully vested in the projects I worked on. I always had a sense that I was part of the pack, leading the way.

As a consultant with them I enjoyed the flexible work schedule, working from home or on the road if needed. Offices are not terribly elaborate but everyone has a door they can close. Getting the right equipment to use while developing was never difficult, as a company they upgrade to new technology every two years or so.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Demanding, results oriented environment, highly competitive.
Great place filled with exceptionally smart people
Marketing Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2013
Surrounded by some of the best brains in the industry, there is always something new to learn at Microsoft.
Worked for Microsoft through Mosaic Solutions
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 March 2013
Worked for Samsung through Mosaic Solutions

- Highly supportive with information regarding products
A dynamic work experience.
PROMOTIONAL REPRESENTATIVE, BLACK CHALK MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 March 2013
Arrival through Pearson security was always a friendly affair. Meeting travellers and informing them about the new Windows 8 was always a different and refreshing experience each time.

Management was great all around. They're friendly, considerate, encouraging, respectable, promote efficiency, knowledgeable, and helpful. The amount of time we all spent together allowed us to really become a team and we all eventually became friends even after the promotion ended. It was nice to look forward to coming into work and being around people you enjoyed being around. For example, when certains days felt longer than others it would be evident that we'd help one another pass the time. Throughout the duration of the program, we always learned from one another and were really beyond knowledgeable about Windows 8 and its products by the end of the program.

Although the job itself I could not consider in any way difficult, sometimes certain frustrations would arise due to faulty internet or software hiccups which would embarrassingly affect our pitches.

I really enjoyed the concept of "counting the wow's". To me "wow's" confirmed that the product experience we were sharing would be something very memorable for whoever I would be speaking to.
Software Engineer in Windows Server (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA2 March 2013
Overall I have practically all positive things to say about working Microsoft. Like any company, your happiness is greatly affected by your specific team's policies and people. I'd say the majority of people I worked with were happy and were great people.
Pros
encouragement to innovate, a certain degree of freedom to work on experimental projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2