Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working envoronment but pressuresome
SDE II /Development Lead (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 7, 2014
Pros: flexible environment
Cons: more pressure at work
Good working environment and challenging work but tight deadlines and ultimate pressure at work.
PRINCIPAL PRODUCT MANAGER, SKYPE DIVISION (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 6, 2014
Learnt a lot in this job. Great management.

Free lunches, great people to work with
Great company with great benefits
Cloud Sales Specialist - Western Canada (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits and very interesting work
Cons: complexity
cutting edge work in working with ISVs on adopting the Azure cloud platform
A reputed but not secure workplace.
Trainer (Former Employee), Bhopal, MPJune 4, 2014
Work starts from 10 and continues till late in night (many times till 9-10 PM) Skills involved with OJT, many features of recently launched software from Microsoft. Poor management with not so wide view and analytical skills of market they were trying to penetrate. Bad image of company among dealers and distributors. Not a lot of enjoyable time was – more... spent with the employer. – less
Good team
Non-Technical Project Manager II (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 3, 2014
The people I worked for really made this job fun. The work was ok but the real reason to work for Microsoft is the people
Flexible work environment
CRM Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 2, 2014
One of the best places to work for:
1. Learning of technology
2. Flexible job culture
3. Balance in personal and professional life.
4. Compensation is good.
5. Safe place to work for
Smart, capable people, fast pace
Senior Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 2, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks, free coffee, flexible hours
Cons: little room for advancement, contracts cut without notice
I have loved my time at Microsoft. I enjoyed the flexible hours and high level of trust instilled in employees. Employees are encouraged to "fall forward" go out on a limb and take risks. My coworkers were all highly intelligent proactive people that I respected. That made the biggest difference in my interactions. People acted extremely professionally – more... and did not take things personally or get involved in office politics, that I saw... It should be noted I worked as a contractor (v-dash) – less
Cool tech, challenging politics, and good friends
Operations Program Manager (Current Employee), Irving TexasJune 2, 2014
Pros: good coworkers, cutting-edge tech, professional growth
Cons: political landscape, redmond-centric
I largely worked remotely, and a typical day for me involved a lot of emails, several meetings in the afternoon (all attended virtually via Lync), and the occasional IM. When not wallowing in administrivia, I spent a lot of time thinking about and documenting ways we could do things better, and then working through others to put the changes in place.

Microsoft – more... really matured me as an employee, as I learned to work at a level of professionalism that I had not before. It wasn't enough to be smart; I also had to be articulate and persuasive; I had to be strategic and understand how my work not only solved the problem at hand but set us up for future success.

Generally, I found management to be supportive. They existed to facilitate my work, trusting me to do the right thing, and working to cut down obstacles or provide air cover so that I could deliver my work.

I had some of the best co-workers here that I've had anywhere, and I consider them friends more than co-workers. At a company as large as Microsoft, there is a mix of personalities, and occasionally I'd run into that other employee who rubbed me the wrong way, but I figure that I've probably got my own quirks that bug people, too. Largely, though, I found people to be professional and smart, but also fun and friendly.

For me, there were a few challenges that seem intrinsic to the company. First, I found it to be very political in nature. Recent changes (e.g. One Microsoft) may gradually change that, but there are still people there who have been there 20+ years and known only Microsoft who are likely to slow progress in change. Visibility was key, and every review period required me to express my accomplishments just right to maintain the balance of honesty and sensationalism needed to prove my value. It didn't help that, thanks to the way reviews were scheduled over the year, a review basically covered only 6 months of work, the first three of which passed before I even had set-in-stone commitments for the year.

Second, despite the global nature of its business, it remains Redmond-centric and the best chances of career development, particularly for technical types like me, exist in Redmond. In fact, it was this obstacle that really has led me to look elsewhere for work, as I'm unwilling to move at this time.

All that said, I wouldn't trade my time at Microsoft. I got to work with some of the best technology available, got to work on the cutting edge, and grew professionally. I had great coworkers who made the job fun, even when the work wasn't. – less
Learned great skills and information; Politics and favoritism exist
Team Lead | QA | Licensing Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 1, 2014
Pros: learned great skills and information
Cons: politics and favoritism, stack ranking still semi exists, need to place better leaders in leadership and management roles
Learned great skills and information; Politics and favoritism. Stack ranking still semi exists; Need to place better leaders in leadership and management roles
WORK IN G&D IBERICA
Technical support, installation computer (Current Employee), PortugalMay 31, 2014
Pros: good job company work support
Cons: long distance travel
search and repair on site the machines, maintain e clean and make preventive scheduled maintenance and repair history, controlling stocks of replacements, in my place i was alone because we make assistance preferential in the local clients,all over Portugal.
i had a good partner ship we my other colleagues
Good place to start
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: really good work-life balance compared to other tech companies of the same caliber
Cons: nothing. this is an a+ company to work for.
Excellent benefits, they treat you very well. Positions within the Microsoft Retail stores are fairly simple. High standards, Clean environment. Great bonuses/gifts for all employees. Great training.
Systems Administrator
Systems Engineer/Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMay 30, 2014
All Systems datacenter management for WARP systems, Microsoft Advertising
Great downtime and a wonderful place to work.
Data Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee), chevy chase mdMay 29, 2014
Pros: everyday is smooth
Cons: can't think of any
I had a blast working at Microsoft. Everyday after I had my lunch I had enough time to play Foosball with the other intern. Free beverages and a lot of other conveniences.
Seriously a place of work with fun
Classroom & Route Trainer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 29, 2014
Its a place where we colleagues work as family friends like any body comes under problem we all find solution together even its a problem for a single person, we always work as unity and made the work more easy in any situation and challenge.
Great Company
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 29, 2014
Great Company to work for. I had great 8 years working for one of the top software company in the world
Great Company
Delivery Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: contractual basis
Working for Microsoft was a great opportunity! My job was mostly from Home so I got to virtually meet new people from other countries and coordinate classes for Latin America Sales and Marketing teams. I loved it!
Very relaxed and professional
Customer Services Operations manager (Former Employee), Dublin, DMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: travel time
Great company to work with. Excellent attitude to personnel. Lovely co workers and a great atmosphere to work in.
Productive and fun workplace with a renewed device strategy
Sr. IT Solution Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WaMay 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, family oriented, this is a great company with tons of resources, doing amazing work in the technology industry. lots of really smart people here.
Cons: very large company, competitive - that is still working throgh a risk adverse culture.
If you love tech, this is a great place. Your experiences will range from enterprise to consumer, all sorts of devices.... PCs, phones, tablets to XBOX.

Mobile & Cloud is a great direction for Microsoft.
Extremely fast paced environment
SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), field salesMay 26, 2014
Pros: lots of passionate and smart people.
Cons: should change roles often in order to be able to achieve goals, which may include willingness to relocate.
Never boring
Constantly learning something new
Need to be able to always stay positive, master politics, and work within ambiguous guidance
Challenging long term growth if you stay in one position for more than three years
Cobblers kids at times
Perception is reality and hard to overcome if you are a member of a geographically dispersed team
multi cultural environment
Process Management and Project coordinator (Former Employee), Dublin, DMay 25, 2014
multi cultural environment
looking after the contract and projects
coordinating queries from stakeholders
Analysis and business review
Financial reporting
Working on projects with external partners

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA – Read more