Microsoft Employee Reviews

24/7/365 prison.
C# Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 9, 2013
On the other hand - If you are young, fast and single - great place to start your career.
Exciting Work, Always Leading the Pack
Senior Analyst/Excel/ SQL Reporting (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 19, 2013
I enjoyed working with Microsoft. Everyone is dedicated and fully vested in the projects I worked on. I always had a sense that I was part of the pack, leading the way.

As a consultant with them I enjoyed the flexible work schedule, working from home or on the road if needed. Offices are not terribly elaborate but everyone has a door they can close. Getting the right equipment to use while developing was never difficult, as a company they upgrade to new technology every two years or so.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
demanding, results oriented environment, highly competitive.
Great place filled with exceptionally smart people
Marketing Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2013
Surrounded by some of the best brains in the industry, there is always something new to learn at Microsoft.
Worked for Microsoft through Mosaic Solutions
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 21, 2013
Worked for Samsung through Mosaic Solutions

- Highly supportive with information regarding products
A dynamic work experience.
PROMOTIONAL REPRESENTATIVE, BLACK CHALK MARKETING (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 19, 2013
Arrival through Pearson security was always a friendly affair. Meeting travellers and informing them about the new Windows 8 was always a different and refreshing experience each time.

Management was great all around. They're friendly, considerate, encouraging, respectable, promote efficiency, knowledgeable, and helpful. The amount of time we all spent together allowed us to really become a team and we all eventually became friends even after the promotion ended. It was nice to look forward to coming into work and being around people you enjoyed being around. For example, when certains days felt longer than others it would be evident that we'd help one another pass the time. Throughout the duration of the program, we always learned from one another and were really beyond knowledgeable about Windows 8 and its products by the end of the program.

Although the job itself I could not consider in any way difficult, sometimes certain frustrations would arise due to faulty internet or software hiccups which would embarrassingly affect our pitches.

I really enjoyed the concept of "counting the wow's". To me "wow's" confirmed that the product experience we were sharing would be something very memorable for whoever I would be speaking to.
Software Engineer in Windows Server (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 2, 2013
Overall I have practically all positive things to say about working Microsoft. Like any company, your happiness is greatly affected by your specific team's policies and people. I'd say the majority of people I worked with were happy and were great people.
Pros
encouragement to innovate, a certain degree of freedom to work on experimental projects
Great global company.
Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 18, 2013
Great global company, strong brand. Local presence heavily influenced by local leadership.
Contracts Are Not For Everybody
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnFebruary 13, 2013
They are the most famous developers of software world wide. However the work life balance aspect to a corporation like this one lacks.
Pros
na
Cons
contract & lack of leadership
Such an enjoyable job
Tier 1 Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 28, 2012
I really enjoyed this place, I am a gamer too which made it even more enjoyable, I am currently looking too get my little brother in this kind of job he is 16 and I was 16 at the time
First Canadian Job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2012
• Provided system administration and helpdesk support to include software and hardware installations, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, user account administration, and support under stringent deadlines in a fast-paced.
• Dealing with customers regarding sales of computers, printers and extended warranties.
• HP lower/higher end printers, scanners, Design jets scanners (4200), Design jets (430, 450, 2500, 3500, 4000, 5000, and 5500).
• Hands on experience on all H.P Products i.e. Laptops, Desktops, printers, scanners Machines, plotters.
Handling day to day calls from customers and visit on site for repair.
Demanding job with less than adequate tools and unreal expectations
Corporate Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 24, 2012
The general attitude amongst the co-workers is poor. Most are currently seeking alternate employment.
great enviorment
Technician /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  kitchener ontarioOctober 19, 2012
great place to work I always had fun it was a great place to have fun
Productive and a fun Place to work
Education Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal QcSeptember 5, 2012
Completed Courses (Microsoft University)

OEM/Hardware Training
One Note
Visual Studio
Windows 7
Office 2010
Pros
well located
Cons
takes too long to becaome direct employee
Dealing with customers, placing their orders and helping them download their products.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 13, 2012
it was a very good company overall. Had great co-workers the pay was ok.
Pros
the shifts were pretty good
Cons
the mangement changed so the whole environment of the work changed.
Nice friendly environment with a good salary.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2012
Loved working for arvato company , many opportunities to go higher up the ladder, friendly staff
great organized company, 5 star chef in the lobby great network
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ONMay 15, 2012
learning new products and technology
amazing networking
company leading in their industry
large organization with lots of opportunities
wonderful environment
Pros
learning new products every day
Cons
to big to shine, it takes time
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  OmanMarch 31, 2012
Its been so quick, and was so pleasure working in Microsoft, no word can review or evaluate this company.
Pros
pros allover the place
Cons
working with governments always dangerous
Melhor experiência
Promotora (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2016
Comida de qualidade, organizados, profissionais maravilhosos, gerência preparada para qualquer situação.
Leading edge, fast moving, demanding, pationating place to work.
Services Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 27, 2016
Company undergoing a significant transformation to cloud services that is felt across its workforce. Otherwise, a very stimulating work environment where there is no shortage of opportunities to grow your skills and work with some of the smartest people from around the world and from all cultures. Good benefits. Always on the leading edge of technologies, it can be daunting to keep up with the pace of evolution, business pressures, and work-life balance.
UNE JOURNEE DE TRAVAIL CHEZ T3C
Chef d'équipe au sein de T3C (Current Employee) –  TUNISMay 21, 2014
la journée du travail commence d'abord par la préparation des statistiques du J-1, puis par les suivis individuels de chaque collaborateur.
Bien sur a fur et à mesure je supervise mon équipe à partir d'un outils de pilotage
Je veille à l'atteinte des objectifs fixés par le client et j'interviens à chaud lorsqu'il faut pour remonter en compétence un de mes collaborateur ou pour remonter des dysfonctionnement...
Pros
dynamisme et travail d'équipe
Cons
la fatigue et le stress