Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for
Director (Current Employee), LondonOctober 31, 2014
Microsoft is an exciting company to work for.

Good strategy - Cloud first mobile first

Great people

Rewards and pay are at a good level
win as a team
Operation Manager (Current Employee), irving, txOctober 30, 2014
Pros: inclusive team
Cons: n/a
if you are ever given the opportunity to work for Microsoft take it!!!!!
Nothing too exciting
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), SeattleOctober 30, 2014
Lots of process work and cross-group collaboration. I don't feel like I get too much accomplished. Good work life balance.
Decent package, benefits, nice place
Senior SDE (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 29, 2014
Overall Microsoft is a good place to work at benefits are decent. As far as growing, it is little slow paced.
Flexible Workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 29, 2014
Laid back and flexible work schedule which allowed for great work life balance.
Nice place to work
American multinational corporation and leader (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 28, 2014
overall good people that want to do the right thing for the customer.
Great Environment, Evolving Company
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Typical Day included completing computer repairs. Selling Microsoft Products. Engaging in neighborhood activities.
Never a bad thing to say about Microsoft. Easily the best company I have worked for.
Technical Router (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Laid back corporate culture
Best insurance I have ever had.
Stock options and grants.
Highly competitive salary
Microsoft Company Store.
Good environment, unbalanced work
Lead Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 27, 2014
Good Company, unbalanced work loads, not enough opportunity for advancement
Stable company, smart people and great benefits
Senior Software Engineer Lead (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, stocks and bonuses, location
Very professional work environment. Company truly cares about its employees. Puget Sound location offers superior quality of life.
Friendly, Educational Work Experience
MSN Entertainment Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 27, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Tasked with collecting images for slideshows, proofreading articles, finding relevant information for articles. It taught me to work with and for people, and correct methods of collecting data. For work experience it was extremely beneficial.
Forward thinking modern company with big aspirations
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 26, 2014
Excited to work for this company as pay matches the work, benefits and perks are amazing and opportunity for advancement is high.
Microsoft does follow through on it's commitment
Corporate Marketing Group - Microsoft Studios (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: will provide access to all the information available on any given technical subject.
Cons: review process is a subjective farce
I liked working at Microsoft because it was impressed on all the new hires in 1995 that it's employees were it's most valuable asset. The quality and depth of information provided to every employee was unmatched to any other employer I had ever worked for. Microsoft was sincerely committed to developing its employees to their highest potential. All – more... that was required was a fundamental curiosity and desire to figure out how to turn a mountain of data into useful information for the problem at hand.
Sadly a lot more intelligence went into figuring out how to game the compensation/review process. The results being a management style that rewarded never taking a risk and in those cases where risk was inherent to the project, make sure there were 'mitigating circumstances' or someone else to blame in the event of failure.
The biggest inflection points for Microsoft were when stock options were removed from the rank and file employees compensation. Then the DOJ and EU trials. Bill leaving the management to Steve was another change that reinforced a risk adverse corporate culture. Steve was great at exploiting markets and increasing market share but was not respected for his technical acumen or vision. Bill might have been repairing his personal brand by becoming a great philanthropist with Melinda, but Microsoft as a company suffered mightily as a result. – less
Same ol Same ol
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 25, 2014
Microsoft is a large secure company to work for if you have a good manager and are on an important project.
Very educative and productive atmosphere tailored to everyday life
Product Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2014
Assist and educate customers as well as potential customers on a daily basis

Provide Windows and Office trainings

Strongly support teamwork
Best place to work
Microsoft Student Partner (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APOctober 24, 2014
Best place to work on the earth,if you are an absolute geek.Training and coding with the team is so much fun.
A great company filled with intelligent, motivated people.
Senior Engagement Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits package and ability to provide feedback to management
Cons: work life balance can be a challenge
Microsoft has a culture that supports diversity and provides competitive benefits. Employees at Microsoft are intelligent and motivated people, with a passion for software. The services division of Microsoft is continuing to evolve as the company shifts to a focus on Devices and Services in the cloud.
Challenging and exciting workplace where change is not only expected it's enjoyed
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: to many to mention
Cons: easy to loose track of time and get lost in the job
A typical day at work involves talking with SME contacts, gathering information, simplifying complex ideas and concepts, interacting with customers, writing prose for online blogs, articles and other content, editing video, audio and visual content and publishing everything online to one of three major content sites at Microsoft.

I've learned the value – more... of open ended thinking, I've learned agile publishing methods, and I've learned that there truly is no need to stop learning. Customers are always front and center.

My co-workers enable me to perform at my highest levels and I strive to provide the same service to them. Teams are strongest when everyone both wants and needs the same things.

The hardest part of my job was separating it from my personal life, I found such excitement and engagement it was sometimes hard to keep track of time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers directly and seeing the results of my work in their praise. – less
Don't bother until they fix the company culture
sr SDET (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: talented staff, excellent pay and benefits
Cons: company culture, in fighting, ethnic strife
I joined Microsoft sometime after the Bing launch as an 'opportunistic statistics hire'. It was a pleasant place to work, with intelligent and thoughtful co-workers dedicated to the job.

Within a few weeks of joining one of my co-workers took me aside and explained the review or calibration system -- which has changed several times but remains the – more... same after each reorg. Basically, it is the Jack Welch fire 10% a year to keep things from stagnating approach. I soon learned why my co-workers were obsessed with this system, and spent about 1/2 the year on it. Surviving the annual review is absolutely key for survival, and over time the place takes on the aura of Walking Dead after a zombie apocalypse.

Honestly, don't bother. – less
Fun and colorful workplace, with bright colors everywhere!
Product Advisor/Business Captain (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: work benefits, discounts instore products
Cons: short shifts
I would arrive to work in uniform (colors of our brand), with a name badge ready to educate customers as well as help them based on their needs.
I would be either on the floor selling and talking about our products or in the back training one on one for an hour with a customer based on what they would like to be trained on, such as, Office 2013 software, – more... Windows Phones, Xbox, etc.
The most enjoying part of my job is being able to interact with all kinds of people everyday. Not only does it teach me to publicly have conversations but help me improve my communication skills.
Everyone here is very friendly and really care about you. – less

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more