Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Persistent update of the software
Graphics Architect (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: the software system is established.
Cons: less innovative.
Microsoft work very hard to maintain the existing software by fixing bugs. They have good system of bug reviews and fixes.
Amazing company and culture to work for
Premier Field Engineer, Platforms DSE (Current Employee), Springfield, VAOctober 2, 2014
Mobile PFE, which means I don't actually get to work in any Microsoft facilities.

Worked completely on a customer site as a dedicated engineer on a team of Microsoft personnel in different roles. I enjoy the customer I support, and the challenges that come from working on a government site.
First job out of college.
Senior Service Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 2, 2014
This was my first professional job out of college. At the time, a family owned bedding manufacturing company based in Seattle. I learned a lot while I was there.
DIRECTOR/PRIVACY ATTORNEY, LEGAL DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 1, 2014
Great place to work. Smart people, fast-paced, great learning opportunities
Good Benefits & Compensation, Interesting Projects & Problems, Smart People, Questionable Management & Company Strategy
Senior Group Program Manager (Current Employee), Lehi, UTOctober 1, 2014
Overall it's been a good experience at a company that's attempting to secure a viable future. Still up in the air if this transition can be made and it's interesting to work on projects which help this cause.
Fun place to work
Sr. Engineer Service Engineering (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefit
Microsoft has plenty of opportunities for those who is desired to explore and learn.
Great place to start!
PRODUCT ADVISOR (Current Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: amazing health benefits, free drinks and snacks and lots of perks.
Forward thinking company and a leader in many categories in the tech space. huge opportunity to grow and vast resources for learning many things.
Challenging work with lots of great smart people
Senior Lead Service Engineer (Current Employee), bellevue, waSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: tough complex meey opportunities to impact millions of users
Cons: too many meetings and approvals slow things down
great place to work and the company takes really great care of its employees and its community through charity and things like relieving traffic pollution/congestion through charter bus service. And if you are interested in doing it or learning it, Microsoft has it
Productive and fun place to work
SDET, Analytics and Presentation Services (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day work is facing lot of complex issues to solve and brain storming with the team to solve the same.
Contract Employee
Contractor at Microsoft (Former Employee), Boulder, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free soda....
Cons: no vacation, no benefits, no sympathy
Do not be taken into contract with Microsoft, unless you are prepared for a break neck pace, poor compensation for your effort and to be lost in the wood work as you are only going to be an expendable item in the large machine. If you plan to perform better then everyone else, don't, you'll be removed by politics and back channeling that will result – more... in your ultimate cancellation, if you are looking for experience? you wont find much mindless tasks will be provided for you until you are eventually made obsolete by programing.

Personally I recommend finding something your comfortable with, and that will pay off more then this job, because Microsoft wants you for the least amount of money possible and no they do not want to build a relationship with you. – less
Outstanding leader in Software
Servicing Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
Outstanding place to refine your project management skill set. I triage and determined the best course of action for many releases. I also built out two major labs for testing and build purposes.

Smart, dedicated and diligent co-workers who enjoyed a serious challenge.
Fun place to work with
Program Manager II (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
Learn a lot about technologies, obtained SCRUM certifications.
I like productive and fun place.
Software Design Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
What I would to my typical work place was scrum meeting since everybody talked about the project we can discuss about issues and how to resolve it, those the team solve issues easily.
Review for Nursery Assistant
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee), WolverhamptonSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free tea
It was work experience for two weeks. The place was good to work because I love kids. I learned how to manage kids in nursery, listening to them, understanding them and fulfilling their needs. The management was good to work with because they were understanding. They told to me what I should do in the Nursery and how. The co-workers were understanding – more... and managing the Nursery well. The hardest part of the placement was to stop kids crying. The most enjoyable part was being the kids and working for them. – less
Interesting work
Women health information centre (Former Employee), LiverpoolSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: voluntary to learn working in the administration
Cons: not earning
This was my first administrative voluntary work , enjoyable and very interesting work , administrative work fun because most workers are female .

This work it was to help publics to get information in Nhs and events and counseling centre.
We provide information to help women in their health life.
Management Review
Developer / Contract Auditor (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: accountable
Cons: timely
My experience management has been of a large benefit to me in both the private and public sectors. In private industry such as in manufacturing, engineering and entertainment, turning a profit was the bottom line in budget process. While in state government revenue was not a consideration.
Although the kinds of budgets used were usually unique to that – more... organization or business. – less
A place for learning opportunities
GFS/MSG - Sr. Program Manager/Feature PM (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great peers and collegues that share your passion, technical drive and geekness
Cons: difficult or good ole boy management structures preventing growth, visibility and reward in the environment.
Microsoft is a great company with tons of folks highly passionate about their area, technology, pushing the envelop, etc. Microsoft is in a major change that seeks to and I believe will long-term, improve the culture, quality and execution of Microsoft solutions and services in the mobile-first, cloud-first arenas.
Exciting challenges with enormous resources and smart people
Director Marketing Communications (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
Microsoft is an exciting company to work at and the new CEO is making all the right moves to take the company in the direction it needs to go.
fun place to work amazing people nice product
Software Design Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
nice product
Good place to work if you know how to navigate the political field
Principal Development Lead (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no job security, bad management
At slightly higher levels, e.g. Lead level, it becomes all about who you please and project yourself to. You need to know the political arena and be willing to play in it.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more