Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Earn While you learn and have fun
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJune 27, 2014
.Day starts with the requirement for the issues to be addressed on priority.
. Learned about the way the meeting are to be conducted and train the new staff.
. It was nerve a burden full Job.
Amazing
Xbox Ambassador (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible, skills advancement, learn something new every day.
Cons: no pay it's voluntary.
Although "Working" as a Xbox Ambassador doesn't give pay and is totally optional to the person it does give amazing opportunities to advance in or start to get some experience in Communication Skills and Social Skills for Customer Care.

All the work you do is done by your own schedule meaning if you want you can start at 12 at night it wouldn't matter – more... and there's no timer it's simply as if you were a Moderator answering questions and helping someone find their issues or problems and fix them.

Overall my time as a Xbox Ambassador has thought me amazing things in those two skill sets and given me a more in depth meaning of what it means to be in the Customer Care and Support business. – less
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst / Total Case Ownership (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 26, 2014
Nice place to work, everyone was very supportive and helpful.
Fun place at times.
Retail Services Advisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch, great benefits, fun to play
Cons: standing all day.
Nice environment could have been the worlds dream job with better management placement.
it was ok
Imaging Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 23, 2014
• Re-image 35,000 Windows XP & 7 machines to Windows 7 64 bit OS, and perform ALL necessary upgrade and change requests per users
Great job
Services Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Great team, challenging workload. Diverse group of personalities driving towards a common goal of changing the hearts and minds of consumers and businesses.
Great Place to Work
Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WashingtonJune 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, technology, smart people
Cons: work life balance, middle management
Great place to work. Super smart people. Management needs to help in career growth.
Senior PM Manager
Senior PM Manager (Current Employee), Las Colinas, XJune 20, 2014
I evolved my role this year into a Portfolio Manager to manage ideas that came through our work intake pipeline. There were total 10 project all at a global scale, spanning offshore and onshore resources that were delivered under my direct or indirect supervision.

I extended my role to managing organizational activities that fall in the Business Management – more... function. I managed:
1.Offsite (Team formation)
2.Team Commitments
3. Executive Review
4.Stakehlder Buy in
5.Timeline targets
6.Budget for the team (Travel/Training)
7.Vendor and FTE Hiring
8.SOW Management
9.Invoice Management
10.ROB (Monthly Newsletters and Reviews)

I supported all my team members within and across the organizations whenever I was asked to help out either in the capacity of managing programs, as a SME or to mitigate risks and put projects back on track. I also initiated a SCRUM Certification effort for all Senior PM's within the Organization and completed that effort in 60 days. Our PM Team are Certified Scrum Masters. Additionally, I have maintained by PMP Certification and my Application for Agile Program Manager Certification has been approved by the Project Management Institute.

I love working as a team, the collaboration and feeling of accomplishing things together. Helping each other and team members succeed is what I enjoy most.

I am challenged by non-value add process and systems and places where there is a lack of ownership to solve problems. – less
Great Place to work for
Director, Strategy and Enterprise Architecture (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 20, 2014
Pros: great community, very competitive
Cons: review system
Microsoft offers an opportunity to impact & influence the world through its products & services. Great place to learn and develop individually.
N/A
NIS Platform & Network Lab Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 17, 2014
Microsoft is a good company to work for if you are NOT a vendor
Great Company to work for
OEM Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaJune 16, 2014
Pros: benefits are a marked advantage
Cons: a lot of work
You work hard but are recognized for your contribution.
There is a clear career path and performance is objectively measured.
Excellent Work Place
Sharepoint Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 12, 2014
Best company ever worked for.
Good Employee care.
Great work culture.
Great company, amazing benefits!
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 11, 2014
Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity! Outstanding management, supportive team members and the benefits and perks are unlike anything I could have imagined!
The training resources are limitless and you are empowered to take yourself, your career and your position anywhere within the organization.
Leaving only due to my husband being relocated for his – more... job. I'd hoped to continue to work remotely, however as front line legal support to the clients, they prefer to have on-site support. – less
Good working envoronment but pressuresome
SDE II /Development Lead (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 7, 2014
Pros: flexible environment
Cons: more pressure at work
Good working environment and challenging work but tight deadlines and ultimate pressure at work.
PRINCIPAL PRODUCT MANAGER, SKYPE DIVISION (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 6, 2014
Learnt a lot in this job. Great management.

Free lunches, great people to work with
Great company with great benefits
Cloud Sales Specialist - Western Canada (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits and very interesting work
Cons: complexity
cutting edge work in working with ISVs on adopting the Azure cloud platform
A reputed but not secure workplace.
Trainer (Former Employee), Bhopal, MPJune 4, 2014
Work starts from 10 and continues till late in night (many times till 9-10 PM) Skills involved with OJT, many features of recently launched software from Microsoft. Poor management with not so wide view and analytical skills of market they were trying to penetrate. Bad image of company among dealers and distributors. Not a lot of enjoyable time was – more... spent with the employer. – less
Good team
Non-Technical Project Manager II (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 3, 2014
The people I worked for really made this job fun. The work was ok but the real reason to work for Microsoft is the people
Flexible work environment
CRM Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 2, 2014
One of the best places to work for:
1. Learning of technology
2. Flexible job culture
3. Balance in personal and professional life.
4. Compensation is good.
5. Safe place to work for
Smart, capable people, fast pace
Senior Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 2, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks, free coffee, flexible hours
Cons: little room for advancement, contracts cut without notice
I have loved my time at Microsoft. I enjoyed the flexible hours and high level of trust instilled in employees. Employees are encouraged to "fall forward" go out on a limb and take risks. My coworkers were all highly intelligent proactive people that I respected. That made the biggest difference in my interactions. People acted extremely professionally – more... and did not take things personally or get involved in office politics, that I saw... It should be noted I worked as a contractor (v-dash) – less

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA – Read more