Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Strong talent pool
Enterprise Technology Strategist (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: everyone had this team approach to solving issues
Cons: the lack of work life balance. yes they talk about, but not delivered on
Microsoft has a strong talent pool. However they continue to use the stack ranking system for performance increases.

It was interesting covering international offices within the company. However time zone work hours are strictly adhered internationally, while the US is expect to be available within their working hours; So scheduling business calls – more... around the clock, 6 to 12 times a month was the norm.

The resources that are available to get your job done are outstanding! If you needed to talk to a developer or VP about anything. everyone made themselves available. – less
Amazing company
Service/Technical Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Its Microsoft as you would expect it. Fantastic benefits, amazing culture and awesome people. The company takes care of their employees, hands down the best job I have ever held.
Microsoft is a fun place to work
Senior Build Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free pop, good benefit.
Cons: they do re-org a lot.
the work time is very flexible as long as you can finish your assignment.
you can enjoy free pop during the day just be careful don't gain too much weight.
good benefit

For technology, you can reach a lot of frontier new tech, very exciting work assignment all day.

you gets resolve challenge problem and achieve great goal with your hard work.

it's – more... a good place to work in. – less
A Fun Workplace with little hassle in current transformation it is going through
DBA (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 20, 2014
Work is typically good but not much technical. This company requires lot more transformation in its approach towards technology.
A great position
Business Learning & Dev Program Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2014
A great company! This is a good position which served to address various areas of opportunity for growth within the department. The position was far more advanced than the department was equipped to handle.
Productive, fast pace, challenging!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), FloridaOctober 20, 2014
I gained more technological skills with this experience. Daily tasks including troubleshooting the xbox system and bill reviews.
Laid back culture that encourages creativity
Senior Business Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: compensation, company culture
Cons: ambigous environment, work/life balance
Excellent company to work for. MS cares about it's employees and offers excellent compensation and benefits.
overrall a good company
Senior Software engineer, Connected Car (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 17, 2014
over all a good company, work could be exciting in some days, but not other days. if you know how to increase your visibility, you'll survive the review system.
Great work environment
Loyalty Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 16, 2014
Everything about this company is perfect. The people are smart and friendly and always willing to help out.
Technical Recruiter
Various Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 15, 2014
 Full lifecycle recruiter - Recruited Developers, SDET and Program Managers for Microsoft Corporation.
 Partnered with hiring managers, discuss the position requirements and understand the ideal skill sets they are looking for.
 Plan on an efficient way of sourcing candidates to fulfill the requirements.
 Interacting with the candidates for various – more... positions (Developer, Test and PM) matching their skills with the teams requirements and screening them as needed.
 Consult and strategize with Managers and HR partners to support client talent needs and create a candidate pool.
 Schedule candidate interviews and build full-interview loops which sometimes could span across days, different Microsoft locations and time zones. Plus negotiating with interviewers on their schedules.
 Worked on various internal tools like HeadTrax, IV portals, HR sites to track the job requirements, candidates and their interview feedbacks.
 Be a point of contact for the candidates, help them prepare for the interviews and address any questions/concerns they have.
 Built strong positive relationships with the Hiring managers as well as the candidates. – less
Fast-paced Fun environment with career growth
Inside Territory Manager, SoCal and Hawaii (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fun environment or home from home
Cons: unstable environment
I am a team player and get along well with my peers. I see coworkers as a chance to learn from each other as well as a chance to team build and laughter for stress relief. I enjoy a busy day. I've learned that in any position I have taken in any field I eventually rise above and stand out in my area as I am a fast learner and strive for perfection everyday. – more... The most enjoyable part of any day is overcoming challenges several times a day and striving to master my position. – less
Fast-paced Fun environment with career growth
Pros: fun environment or home from home
Cons: unstable environment
Sr. Network Architect (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 14, 2014
Average Work Experience; Great Variety of Work
Software Developer - Intern (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 13, 2014
By the nature of being so large, it's almost natural that Microsoft have a wide selection of things to work on. It's a bit of an odd one, though. There's definitely some internal issues that are being resolved. Management is not the best and the work/life balance is pushing in the direction of over working.
Productive fun place to work with great people
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great people
Cons: top heavy management structure, and a "not invented here" attitude towards open source code.
Great place to work, but there are difficulties with work/life balance. The people are great but the management philosophy needs to be brought into the 21st century.
Excellent work/life balance with smart people
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, environment, freedom
Microsoft is an excellent place for an intern.
The company treats interns extremely well, and there are so many ways to connect with people and do cool things outside of work.

Awesome thing about both my internships was that I got to choose what I worked on. The manager, mentor, and co-workers are all extremely supportive, and constantly remind you – more... that this experience is for me to learn and grow (and their actions actually follow that statement).

The only thing I disliked about the company (or at least my team), was that not many people seemed passionate. This would be an excellent place to work if stability and work/life balance is the top priority (like seriously, I can't imagine a better place). – less
awesome employer
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), IndiaOctober 10, 2014
awesome employer to start with. so many things to learn
Very custmer focus company
A place full of knowledge and intelligence
Support Engineer- SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007 (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: everything from work to cabs
Cons: nothing at all
Excellent work environment
Great resources
Everything has got a process...
Mutliple positions with MSFT
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 9, 2014
I have been a Senior Program Manager, Program Manager Lead, Test Lead, SDET with Microsoft in various projects and in different divisions such as MSIT, OSD, Windows Phone and Skype/Lync.
customer and product focus is strong; design is important
Director (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefit package, salary, growth
Cons: worry of layoffs, competitve atmosphere brings out bad behavior
Product teams strong, culture rewards execution and strong, vocal performers. IT focuses on systems, process, compliance.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more