Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and Enjoyable
Territory Marketing Ambassador (Former Employee), YorkshireDecember 5, 2014
Pros: the work itself, seeing improvements based on your contributions, and being rewarded with the satisfaction your results
Cons: management style, support, job security
Engaging with fascias on a store level to promote products and engage staff to promote through advocacy
Create and run store based incentives to further advance market share and prominence in said fascias
Audit compliance in store to maximise investment opportunities
Train staff to the full potential of their knowledge to allow them to in turn promote – more... the products to customers
Complete admin visits to major fascias including PC World, Carphone Warehouse and Currys to ensure Microsoft presence is in the forefront of their minds and ensure marketing messages are being correctly delivered in store
All of the above is under the radar and although they are allowed by the head office of the major companies involved (O2, EE, Hutchinson 3, Carphone Warehouse, Vodafone and PC world) these tasks are completed through building effective relationships in store and gaining the trust and faith of the staff – less
Busy and productive workplace
Transaction Specialist (Current Employee), SandyfordDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
Its typically a busy but fulfilling day at arvato(microsoft).
i've learnt how to become a part of the team as we work on cases together and keep the queue at a minimum each day.
My Co workers see me as hard working and quirky. i always reach my daily target.
the hardest part of the job is the really demanding hours, we do alot of 12 hour shifts.
Overall – more... i enjoy the job because it gives me challenges and i overcome them and learn new things – less
Great place to grow a career
UX Program Manager on Search - Xbox One (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, stock, salary
Cons: politics, ability to advance
Microsoft is full of opportunity. The company is one of the most cutting edge companies in the world. They understand business and home users and deliver unique experiences for both.

The co-workers at Microsoft are some of the smart people you will find in the tech industry.
Excellent Company to work for
PRINCIPAL TEST MANAGER (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: health benefits, work environment, encouraged new ideas, company store discount
Cons: location
A typical work hour day was 7am-7pm with the understanding that you would be reachable online after these hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was being supported by my Directors in thinking up and initiating new processes to save the company money and time. I always had a reliable team that would support our goals and we respected and supported – more... each other throughout my time at Microsoft. The hardest part of the job was the work/home life balance and finding qualified people to do the job. You can train skill sets but you cannot train laziness. Management is tricky as you can't manage people to do work for you. You have to motivate them to want to do work for the team and drive their desire to keep working on new and exciting projects. – less
Great work environment
Consultant (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
It is an awesome work environment where you tell yourself at what level should I be as there are several talented people to work with.
Exposure to several different information technology tools and infrastructures. Great environment to learn working in a dynamic and high volume development process.
Overall Great Experince
Service Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 3, 2014
I really enjoy the atmosphere and culture of the group I am in. The only real downside is being a vendor.
Rewarding and challenging position
Escalation Engineer, Beta Lead, Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: training, team structure, benefits
Cons: 24x7 high stress environment
What can I say? Microsoft was by far the most challenging and rewarding company to work for.

The chance to be involved with the most current technologies, training at the highest level, a great team oriented culture and benefits that were second to none.
Productive and Fun work place with challanging work
Technical Sales and Product Advisor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 3, 2014
Data Analysis
Business/System analysis
Microsoft Business Tools
Excellent place to work with great work/life balance
IT Solution Manager - ECIT OEM SD Total (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2014
Great challenging and fast paced working environment with great benefits. Always working with the latest technology and current practices. Very smart and fun people. Good project management guidelines and methodologies. Reasonable performance review process and very good total rewards program.
A recognised thought leader - World class , dynamic , inventive ,company
Head of Field IT Program Management (Current Employee), DublinDecember 2, 2014
An excellent company to work for offering loads of opportunities for career development. Starting off in finance I moved into IT where my passion lies. As a people manager responsible for delivering on key strategic programs MS allows for a varied and challenging day ranging from strategic planning to tangible delivery showcasing MS technologies whilst – more... enhancing client productivity , with a huge focus placed on developing the people within my team. Organisations worked in always contained a richness of diversity of opinion and ideas which challenges you to think differently and accommodate different viewpoints while always remaining customer and service focus.
I received great experience there and made life enduring friendships and shared wonderful life changing experiences.
I cannot highly recommend MS enough if you ever get the opportunity to work there. – less
Administrative Assistant / Group Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 1, 2014
This was by far the best place I have ever worked. The people were great and I was instantly part of a family. I learned that I had more to offer than just office skills. My Manager told me that he would have liked to see me as a Project Manager for the company, however i didn't have any experience so that didn't work in my favor. I wouldn't trade this – more... experience for anything. They believed in each other and myself and compensated well. – less
productive
warehouse (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CANovember 28, 2014
Pros: 40 plus hours
Cons: hot warehouse
was a fast paced job
learned new skills
was a nice group of ppl to work with
lots of walking
fun company
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 28, 2014
Pros: free parking, volunteer work
the culture was eloping. one of the best companies as far as resources was undeniably abundant. Helped to reform abilities to critique my own work to see where I could improve on my efficiency and productivity. Culture helped create lasting bond between co-workers. overall great environment to work in.
Dog Eat Dog Environment
Onboarding Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: environment, favoritism, racism, sexism
The company as a whole provides is enjoyable. But the department in which I work (Office 365 Onboarding Center) is not. The project is new and the management consists of people thrown together from other departments. All eyes are on the project as it may change the way business is done from a customer service standpoint.

There is no cohesiveness due – more... to everyone clamoring for the spotlight. Leads and managers were not trained for their positions but thrown into them to save them from layoffs from other departments.

The project as a whole was rushed, therefore missing the start date promised to customers by a full month. Partners and account managers were not properly notified which causes confusion on the customer end. In short, the whole project is a joke. – less
Busy, challenging company
Program Manager (Former Employee), RedmondNovember 25, 2014
Smart people working hard to change the world. Plenty of opportunity to develop organizational agility and figure out how to deal with and make progress with lots of ambiguity. Hard to navigate review process.
Busy but productive place to work
Service Quality / Escalation Manager (Former Employee), Reading, ENGNovember 25, 2014
Managing and maintaining quality across western Europe in the Windows cluster
Contractor at Microsoft
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management styles
It depends on the group you are supporting, but the people I worked with were wonderful for this group. I would say that there needs to be more communication from management when it comes to feedback about job performance but other than that I was happy with this group.
It all depends on your team and manager
Senior SDE (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, work with latest microsoft stuff.
Cons: frequent reorgs, cut-throat/competitive teams and orgs(no friends here). stack ranking.
Microsoft has an up or out view of the world.
You are either moving up or you are moving out of the company.
Better not to be too attached to what you are doing but view it as a way to move up and on to something else.

This unfortunately also means it's about looking better and doing more than your peers. Your review defines who you are (at Microsoft).

Expect – more... frequent reorgs.
Different teams and managers can have very different goals and values.

Benefits are great, but expect to be a 24/7 employee in exchange.

Your immediate manager is critical to your success.
Despite the rhetoric, the new review system feels exactly like the old stack ranking system. – less
Great experience if you move between divisions
Senior Program / Product Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 24, 2014
Pros: great salary, really good benefits, pretty much set your own schedule outside of core hours.
Cons: way too many meetings, to many people responsible for making seemingly simple decisions .
I was lucky to have a manager early on in my career, highly suggest that I should move between divisions and groups to not only gain experience, but to use the knowledge I gained to help deliver great products and services in other groups.

Microsoft has mini cultures within each division, so moving from role to role is like moving between start up's – more... every 1-2 years.

The upside of moving to new divisions and roles, you gain a ton of experience and can get promoted along the way. The downside is losing upward mobility (e.g. lead and director level opportunities). – less
MICROSOFT
Tier 3 Bilingual Sales Support Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 22, 2014
Identifying and resolving technical issues relating to Office 365 - Lync/ Exchange/ SharePoint. Case management by ticketing and bug tracking systems. Premiere Support Services for Enterprise Customers.

•Managed customer technical issues ticket issues and provided continuous support and timely updates to customers in accordance with service level agreements – more... (SLAs).

•Troubleshoot all Office 365 customer issues related to Exchange, Lync Server, SharePoint and Live Meeting.

•Served as a third tier technical expert, providing analysis, resolution and escalation point for online issues.

•Ability to communicate complex problems in non-technical terms at various levels within the organization

•Worked with sales, operations teams and partners to gather escalation information and customer/business impact. – less

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more