Microsoft Employee Reviews

Slug-It-Out For a Chance to Move On
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA8 February 2016
The work is easy and fun but there's no training and absolutely no career path, and the pay and benefits are as low as possible. There's a lot of turnover, as you have to be perfect to have your contract renewed. You'll make many friends, but then see them of them simply disappear one day. It's grueling, but if you make it through you'll have some good Q.A. skills that will allow you to move up and out to another company.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Low Pay, No Advancement
Joyful atmosphere and great work location with all the recreation activities on the floor.
senior CRM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh6 February 2016
It was a great experience working in Microsoft campus, A typical day starts sharp at 9:30 and over the course it had always been a fun filled atmosphere. Not only the great challenging work and smart people to work with, there were many indoor games on the floor. My favorite being -Foosball. During my time off from work, entire team used to go around the floor and look for Foosball, Snooker, TT tables to be empty.

Hardest part during this period was those long lasting work hours, late night hours, but never felt a pinch of stressful feeling as it was always fun working in campus even during that odd hours.

Great learning, great entertainment,glad I had an opportunity to work in the campus
Pros
Free evening snacks, yummy snacks
Cons
No fixed work stations to sit
Processes that work, culture that rocked, people that were awesome
Inventory Control Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2016
Each day had a routine, and that routine made sense.
Heavily team based.
We were all trained on how to use Microsoft products, and then used those Microsoft products everyday at our jobs. Made that job and my future jobs a lot easier to do. :)
There was 3 weeks of training in a hotel while the store was built. Tonnes of fun and really helped build a sense of community and commraderie amongst the retail staff.
Paid decent wages for retail staff.
TONNES of benefits and perks. Free drinks and snacks and if there was ever an event, free food too.
Great initiative amongst the management teams to keep everyone motivated.
No room for advancement beyong retail though.
The corporate offices are in Mississauga and I don't believe there was a channel to take from retail to corporate.
Pros
Free snacks / drinks, great culture, tonnes of benefits and perks
Cons
Mall retail hours, no corporate advancement, SUPER lengthy interview process
Great Place to work at
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 January 2016
Working at Microsoft was one of funnest jobs I had. All of the teammates where friendly and easy to get along with. They are very fun people to work with and they make the day go smoothly.

The management are friendly and easy to get along with. They are always there for the team and help out when ever they can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is playing xbox with your peers.
Pros
Fully load fridge. Great team, Fun environment
Cons
Can be boring when the store is not busy.
Leading edge, fast moving, demanding, pationating place to work.
Services Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada27 January 2016
Company undergoing a significant transformation to cloud services that is felt across its workforce. Otherwise, a very stimulating work environment where there is no shortage of opportunities to grow your skills and work with some of the smartest people from around the world and from all cultures. Good benefits. Always on the leading edge of technologies, it can be daunting to keep up with the pace of evolution, business pressures, and work-life balance.
Dream Company
Territory Manager - Education Solution - SMS&P (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2016
nothing but positive things i never love a job more than this where i learn so much things from so many people for always be grateful for the experience
Pros
is one of the best companies in the world
Cons
nothing bad to say
Great Experience with Microsoft
Sales Support Manager/Analytical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Canada13 November 2015
I have very good experience of working with Microsoft. It's great to work with a bunch of creative and brilliant ppl here. If you want to learn and sharpen your business skill, Microsoft could be a place to go.
MS is an awesome wo
Senior Visual designer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP6 November 2015
MS is an awesome workplace. Supportive management and co-workers. The work-life balance is great. Enormous opportunity to you to grow in your career.
Great Job Great Customers Great Team
Account Executive - Public Sector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most about being an account executive was meeting new people. I have met some amazing people over the years. Also, since it was a company that continued to grow/change it kept my job always interesting.
Microsoft is a great company
Senior Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2015
Its a great place to work!
I just wish there was room for growth, the people are great to work with. Positive vibes could be used more in the workplace .
Pros
food and drinks provided, funny group to work with, teamwork is amazing
Cons
Negativity in the workplace, but thats everywhere
Leading edge comany.
SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2015
Busy days with lots of interaction with customers and colleagues.

How to drive out customer requirements and understand desired business capabilities to be enabled by technology solutions.

Co-workers participate on a cross-functional team - highly team oriented with lots of support.

Hardest part was keeping up to date with changing technologies.

Most enjoyable was all of the changing technologies.
Pros
work hard - play hard
Cons
n/a
lovely place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2015
great place to work, great people, fun environment. enjoyed he culture. Helps you develop your skills and build your networks. colleagues were the best part. we also got free meals.
National distribution manager
Distribution & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2015
Great place to work, met Bill Gates a number of times, co-workers were fun to work with, reviews were always a challenge, learned the meaning of hard work and invested a lot of hours, learne tecnical knowledge and I was very excited to work there.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Peoples skills
Poor management
Product Advisor and Community Development Captain (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Overall a fun place to work but poor management makes it not as enjoyable to stay. If it was better managed it would be a good place to work because it's a very laid back environment for a sales position.
Great Company - Long Hours
Community Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2015
Great company - but long hours

You'll dedicate a lot of extra time working nights and weekends, but you do get a lot of perks ie free technology. They really do place high emphasis on giving back
Lots of fun
Customer Service/Tech Support representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 July 2015
Working at Microsoft was nice. I learned some good computer skills and how to process returns and reship orders. I also learned how to troubleshoot Windows 8 operating system. Management was nice, but they didn't always keep you in the loop because we were only temps. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the angry customers and come up with solutions so they would be happy customers by the end of the phone call.
Pros
Always Interesting
Cons
Irate Customers
Great Place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2015
Great places to work, diverse staff and potential to learn everything about Microsoft. Always room for advancement. Helpful managers that will help you reach your career goals.
Cons
retails hours
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 June 2015
Fun people with high energy and great environment - sometimes too fast paced but overall a great place to work. I would go back if I had the opportunity
Good training program
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2015
Loved working there since they try their best to fit around my school schedule. Co-workers provided every aspect of training to make sure we stay on task.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
hours vary from time to time
Very productive
Bilingual English & French Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2015
Microsoft being one of the world biggest technology company and absolutely a mother of the most used window i learned a lot and am willing to share a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2