Microsoft Employee Reviews

Dream Company
Territory Manager - Education Solution - SMS&P (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2016
nothing but positive things i never love a job more than this where i learn so much things from so many people for always be grateful for the experience
Pros
is one of the best companies in the world
Cons
nothing bad to say
Great Experience with Microsoft
Sales Support Manager/Analytical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Canada13 November 2015
I have very good experience of working with Microsoft. It's great to work with a bunch of creative and brilliant ppl here. If you want to learn and sharpen your business skill, Microsoft could be a place to go.
MS is an awesome wo
Senior Visual designer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP6 November 2015
MS is an awesome workplace. Supportive management and co-workers. The work-life balance is great. Enormous opportunity to you to grow in your career.
Great Job Great Customers Great Team
Account Executive - Public Sector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most about being an account executive was meeting new people. I have met some amazing people over the years. Also, since it was a company that continued to grow/change it kept my job always interesting.
Microsoft is a great company
Senior Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2015
Its a great place to work!
I just wish there was room for growth, the people are great to work with. Positive vibes could be used more in the workplace .
Pros
food and drinks provided, funny group to work with, teamwork is amazing
Cons
Negativity in the workplace, but thats everywhere
Leading edge comany.
SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2015
Busy days with lots of interaction with customers and colleagues.

How to drive out customer requirements and understand desired business capabilities to be enabled by technology solutions.

Co-workers participate on a cross-functional team - highly team oriented with lots of support.

Hardest part was keeping up to date with changing technologies.

Most enjoyable was all of the changing technologies.
Pros
work hard - play hard
Cons
n/a
lovely place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2015
great place to work, great people, fun environment. enjoyed he culture. Helps you develop your skills and build your networks. colleagues were the best part. we also got free meals.
National distribution manager
Distribution & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2015
Great place to work, met Bill Gates a number of times, co-workers were fun to work with, reviews were always a challenge, learned the meaning of hard work and invested a lot of hours, learne tecnical knowledge and I was very excited to work there.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Peoples skills
Poor management
Product Advisor and Community Development Captain (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
Overall a fun place to work but poor management makes it not as enjoyable to stay. If it was better managed it would be a good place to work because it's a very laid back environment for a sales position.
Great Company - Long Hours
Community Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2015
Great company - but long hours

You'll dedicate a lot of extra time working nights and weekends, but you do get a lot of perks ie free technology. They really do place high emphasis on giving back
Lots of fun
Customer Service/Tech Support representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 July 2015
Working at Microsoft was nice. I learned some good computer skills and how to process returns and reship orders. I also learned how to troubleshoot Windows 8 operating system. Management was nice, but they didn't always keep you in the loop because we were only temps. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the angry customers and come up with solutions so they would be happy customers by the end of the phone call.
Pros
Always Interesting
Cons
Irate Customers
Great Place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2015
Great places to work, diverse staff and potential to learn everything about Microsoft. Always room for advancement. Helpful managers that will help you reach your career goals.
Cons
retails hours
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 June 2015
Fun people with high energy and great environment - sometimes too fast paced but overall a great place to work. I would go back if I had the opportunity
Good training program
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2015
Loved working there since they try their best to fit around my school schedule. Co-workers provided every aspect of training to make sure we stay on task.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
hours vary from time to time
Very productive
Bilingual English & French Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2015
Microsoft being one of the world biggest technology company and absolutely a mother of the most used window i learned a lot and am willing to share a lot
Amazing people, great tech but too many reorgs.
Senior Software Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time at Microsoft. The people there are top notch and technically brilliant. The company has great resources and very interesting technology. I was originally working with Microsoft Research which during my time there was shut down with no advanced warning. This seemed a bit too heavy handed. I was transferred to a product team and became the only person from my original group to retain employment. Less than a year later I was present for yet another reorg where all of the consultants (myself included) were let go. Chalk it up to good/bad luck. I would still not hesitate to recommend Microsoft as an employer.
Pros
Very smart, driven people.
Cons
Management reorgs.
Great company
PRODUCT ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2015
great company and culture. I worked with a great team which share same value and beliefs.

I really enjoyed worked there.
Very good management.
Gold Partner Technical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2015
A typical day involved answering calls from Microsoft Gold Partners for both technical and non technical issues.
Learned to resolve issue based on good business practice.
Management encouraged thinking out of the box.
Microsoft employees always available to assist when needed and contract workers always cooperated when their help was needed.
The hardest part was resoling issues when third parties involved.
The best part of the job was helping people with their issues.
Pros
Working for Microsoft.
Cons
Short term contract.
Good Place to learn
Digital Community Manager - Partner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2015
Good place to learn how companies work on a marketing standpoint.
Not great in terms of getting mentorship and guidance as a contractor.
would recommend to anyone who's innovative, a born leader and ready to compete against their fellow coworkers.
Great place to work that was 100% focused on providing top class customer service with exceptional store set up on a daily basis.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2015
A great experience to open the second Microsoft Retail store in Canada from day one. The ability to do multiple 1 on 1's daily to invest in our associates was incredibly rewarding as the Leadership Team was able to promote ove 8 staff in my tenure at Microsoft.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2