Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed Working for MS, Despite Technical Challenges, Layoffs
Content Publisher (Contract) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: terrific working environment, decent compensation, good work/life balance
Cons: lack of security or opportunities for advancement
I enjoyed going in to work every day at MS. My unit's supervisor zealously guarded the life/work balance for those under their supervision, We were always having to overcome technical hurdles resulting from software bugs or mis-communications among contractors. This helped ensure that the job never got boring. Day to day, the hardest part of the job involved waiting for the publication cycle to complete so that we could correct a mistake that we had already identified but which was still in the process of publishing. The other hardest part was when the assignment was cut short less than halfway through the contract by layoffs affecting our entire job category. This was had been impossible to plan for and proved extremely jarring to everyone's finances.
Great place for devices and expereinces
Human Resources Manager - Microsoft Stores (Former Employee), Redmond, WA (Field Based on the East Coast)January 15, 2015
No day was ever the same, a fast paced results focused environment. I learned the importance of technology in making life and work - WORK. Keeping the team a priority (I worked in the Retail division) for each customer experience. Finally, Operational excellence and functional expertise are always your keys to success.
Vendor Support @ Microsoft
Regional Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexibility, family orientated
Cons: being a vendor can't take advantage of all the benefits of a fte
I've been in a vendor support role for some time while supporting the Microsoft client. I've been fortunate enough to have support three different parts of the organization while gaining insights, skills and knowledge in field marketing.
Being Microsoft is a pioneer of many technologies and solutions employees have the privilege to utilize the technology, and one of the most convent and flexible is being able to work from home/being mobile.
I feel very privileged to have worked with some of the most intelligent, passionate and driven individuals in the world. Regardless of role, i have learned so much from understanding "big business," budgets, event and campaign planning and management.
Although, I enjoy my work life, there are times where things get frustrating, mostly around reporting and being sure we are actuarially forecasting and reporting our commitments.
Great learning environment and upward mobility
Group Manager Events and Seminars (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: best learning environment and worked along side some of the smartest people in the world
Cons: hard to manage family life, raise children as single parent and maintain my daily schedule.
Challenges every day regardless of the role I played. Loved solving them. Team development was one of the best parts of my day. I learned like I was in college only with real world results. Loved my co-workers, generally had great management role models. Loved to travel and work internationally. Continually stretched and motivated to do more.
Stepping Stone
Legal Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Microsoft has taught me skills that will carry with me through out the rest of my life. They've taught me how to work in a corporate environment. I've learn the tools to be a great administrate assistant. Working in the legal department has been a great experience.
Amazing company to grow prefessionally
India Campus Lead and Campus Program Manager (Former Employee), BangaloreJanuary 14, 2015
Amazing company to grow professionally and build skills and competencies
Sales focussed but very Ethical company.
Technology Sales Professional (Current Employee), SingaporeJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work starts with a personal review on the YTD performance and meeting up with customers/partners to showcase solutions. Building relationships and selling.

There is abundant information and materials to build knowledge and skills on our internal portals. Lots of courses to help us sharpen sales skills and deal management strategies.

Learnt a lot of new products of Microsoft, overview of an enterprise IT infrastructure, building trust with BDMs and C-level executives, managing internal and external agendas.

There is a fair amount of teamwork as long as you are performing and meeting your targets. Co-workers are very friendly when they do have the time.

Hardest part of the job is to manage internal agendas and also ensure that focus is not shifted away from customer.

The most enjoyable part of being here is that you don't go home a single day without learning something new.
Great place to learn, develop career and have flexibility
HR Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, people, culture, growth opportunities
-had managers who care and have helped me gain opportunities to grow my skills and experiences quickly
-consistently challenged
-allowed me to work from home when needed
-incredibly smart people who are dedicated to driving the business forward and making the world a better place
-love the dedication to giving back, that is company wide
Fun place to work
Senior Learning & Development Program Manager (Former Employee), RedmondJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good culture
Cons: beaurecratic
Fun place to work but hard to stay on the same page as management.
a gold cage
Outbound Product Manager & Technology strategist (Current Employee), Ra'anana, IsraelJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: bad management
Good salary great technology, bad management,
Typical day is about working with customer and a lot of administration
High Energy and Great Vibe
Staffing Associate (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: access to latest ms software
Cons: expected to be available 24/7, even on public holidays
Employees are always busy, no slackers. My co-workers were very approachable, knowledgeable of what they they do and of the company in general. Management was always willing to assist or step in in any difficult situation. The most difficult part of my job was the language barrier with certain candidates in Middle East or African countries and their tme zones as well when I had to schedule meetings with managers in UK or USA for example.
Fun and exciting place to work at
Developer Support Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 10, 2015
1) A typical day of work starts at 9 Am EST.
2) I have learnt a lot about troubleshooting skills.
Productive workplace with great environment and opportunity for contribution and advancement.
Incentive Compensation Data Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 9, 2015
Microsoft has a great opportunities, smart, fun people to work with and a tremendous chance to learn and become a professional.
Excellect company to work!
Sr. Program Manager, Finance IT (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 8, 2015
Excellent company with great minds at work makes this place an excellent place to work.

Since my family has moved to Ajaman and hence am looking to explore for an opportunity in UAE.
Fun place to be in while learning a lot at the same time
Software Development Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 7, 2015
It is a great company to work for with lot of technical skills to learn. Great team members.
Productive and very well cultured
FT4 Support Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent co-workers who are driven to succeed. Only main issue is the contract, and you do not know the exact date of when they will end the contract.
Leveraged Service Delivery Model
Account Delivery Executive (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: highly leveraged delivery model
Cons: very dependent on service partners
Progressive service delivery model with driving focus to the cloud.
Great Place to Work and learn so much every day
Customer Services Supervisor / IT Technician (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 5, 2015
I applied for this role as I was moving to London, and after 3 interviews I was given the customer services role, which involved me cold calling customers with new offers from Microsoft, answering customer questions, booking service / call out requests. After working in this role for 2 years 6 months I was promoted to customer services team leader for the inbound calls requiring onsite repairs, installations. My role also meant that I was also required to assist the outbound sales team with any questions that they could not answer, confirm business appointments and also reply and answer to any complaints that were made.

In January 2002, I applied for the IT Technician Trainee role as I fancied a career change. Here I started learning all aspects of Desktop support, Desktop Repairs via the repair centre and also onsite with a Technician. I also started to complete my MCSE. In February 2003 I was given an IT Technician Junior Role which meant I was able to visit customers onsite to repair their desktop systems and any other IT problem that they had.

Before this role I was employed by the Employment Service which is now known as JobCentre Plus. My Role here was a Customer Services advisor which involved me taking new benefit claims, signing clients on and updating the job board.
Good company and great location
Microsoft Exchange Engineer (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
It was situated in Irving, Texas and a perfect location between home and Dallas. All in all, I would work there again if I had the opportunity and was into Microsoft software.
Productive Working Environment
Customer Service/Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: i love my hours.
Cons: no room for growth
My hours are from 6am to 2:30pm. I work inside of an office to where I set up work for the employees outside. I respond to all emails sent from customers and Microsoft. I learn something new using the PKMS almost every week. I would give management here 5 out of 10. My co-workers are some of the coolest people I know. The hardest part of my job is taking the blame for some one else's mistakes. The most enjoyable part is not having to be micro managed.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more