Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee), RedmondJuly 7, 2014
Good place to work. Can learn all the advanced Microsoft technologies. Very good infrastructure available. Nice work environment.
Great Place to work
Accountant (Former Employee), USAJuly 4, 2014
Great place to work with advance Technologies. Is fantastic the way in where we can work with a lot of professional personnel.
Amazing Environment
IT Setup and Support Technician (Former Employee), Reading, ENGJuly 4, 2014
A very competitive, high target phased environment with pressure from management.
Software engineer
SDE (Former Employee), RedmondJuly 2, 2014
I was working as a tool developer in Microsoft. It's the best company ever. Best co-worker, employees and managers. I'm loving it.
No value as a employee
Service Advisor/Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), ScottsdaleJuly 1, 2014
Management has very poor managerial skills. Treat employees as objects not people. Promises made but not kept. Very disappointed in a company this size. Been in the technology business for 20+ years and have never been treated the way Microsoft treats its staff.
Dynamic Company with growth
Tier 3 Escalations (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
Working in any position that requires you to have customer service skills can be at times, stressful and overwhelming, especially when you are dealing with struggling or upset customers. Knowing how to properly develop these skills will help you to excel in any customer service position, regardless of your responsibility and the type of customers you – more... are working with each day. – less
Productive and well worth the hours invested to gain more skills
Assist customers (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
The job is a great way to gain knowledge in customer service, accounts, and technical support
Earn While you learn and have fun
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJune 27, 2014
.Day starts with the requirement for the issues to be addressed on priority.
. Learned about the way the meeting are to be conducted and train the new staff.
. It was nerve a burden full Job.
Amazing
Xbox Ambassador (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible, skills advancement, learn something new every day.
Cons: no pay it's voluntary.
Although "Working" as a Xbox Ambassador doesn't give pay and is totally optional to the person it does give amazing opportunities to advance in or start to get some experience in Communication Skills and Social Skills for Customer Care.

All the work you do is done by your own schedule meaning if you want you can start at 12 at night it wouldn't matter – more... and there's no timer it's simply as if you were a Moderator answering questions and helping someone find their issues or problems and fix them.

Overall my time as a Xbox Ambassador has thought me amazing things in those two skill sets and given me a more in depth meaning of what it means to be in the Customer Care and Support business. – less
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst / Total Case Ownership (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 26, 2014
Nice place to work, everyone was very supportive and helpful.
Fun place at times.
Retail Services Advisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch, great benefits, fun to play
Cons: standing all day.
Nice environment could have been the worlds dream job with better management placement.
it was ok
Imaging Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 23, 2014
• Re-image 35,000 Windows XP & 7 machines to Windows 7 64 bit OS, and perform ALL necessary upgrade and change requests per users
Great job
Services Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Great team, challenging workload. Diverse group of personalities driving towards a common goal of changing the hearts and minds of consumers and businesses.
Great Place to Work
Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WashingtonJune 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, technology, smart people
Cons: work life balance, middle management
Great place to work. Super smart people. Management needs to help in career growth.
Senior PM Manager
Senior PM Manager (Current Employee), Las Colinas, XJune 20, 2014
I evolved my role this year into a Portfolio Manager to manage ideas that came through our work intake pipeline. There were total 10 project all at a global scale, spanning offshore and onshore resources that were delivered under my direct or indirect supervision.

I extended my role to managing organizational activities that fall in the Business Management – more... function. I managed:
1.Offsite (Team formation)
2.Team Commitments
3. Executive Review
4.Stakehlder Buy in
5.Timeline targets
6.Budget for the team (Travel/Training)
7.Vendor and FTE Hiring
8.SOW Management
9.Invoice Management
10.ROB (Monthly Newsletters and Reviews)

I supported all my team members within and across the organizations whenever I was asked to help out either in the capacity of managing programs, as a SME or to mitigate risks and put projects back on track. I also initiated a SCRUM Certification effort for all Senior PM's within the Organization and completed that effort in 60 days. Our PM Team are Certified Scrum Masters. Additionally, I have maintained by PMP Certification and my Application for Agile Program Manager Certification has been approved by the Project Management Institute.

I love working as a team, the collaboration and feeling of accomplishing things together. Helping each other and team members succeed is what I enjoy most.

I am challenged by non-value add process and systems and places where there is a lack of ownership to solve problems. – less
Great Place to work for
Director, Strategy and Enterprise Architecture (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 20, 2014
Pros: great community, very competitive
Cons: review system
Microsoft offers an opportunity to impact & influence the world through its products & services. Great place to learn and develop individually.
N/A
NIS Platform & Network Lab Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 17, 2014
Microsoft is a good company to work for if you are NOT a vendor
Great Company to work for
OEM Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaJune 16, 2014
Pros: benefits are a marked advantage
Cons: a lot of work
You work hard but are recognized for your contribution.
There is a clear career path and performance is objectively measured.
Excellent Work Place
Sharepoint Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 12, 2014
Best company ever worked for.
Good Employee care.
Great work culture.
Great company, amazing benefits!
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 11, 2014
Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity! Outstanding management, supportive team members and the benefits and perks are unlike anything I could have imagined!
The training resources are limitless and you are empowered to take yourself, your career and your position anywhere within the organization.
Leaving only due to my husband being relocated for his – more... job. I'd hoped to continue to work remotely, however as front line legal support to the clients, they prefer to have on-site support. – less

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA – Read more