Microsoft Employee Reviews

A relaxed driven enviornment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2016
Microsoft is a relaxed environment that supports and nurtures employees to grow. The most enjoyable part of the position is to be able to support the account managers and achieve their Customer satisfaction targets. The peers are friendly and diverse. Management has an open door policy.
Great staff and good hours
Consumer Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
Everyone I worked with was great and the training was super easy to understand and get through. Management was understanding and would help you if you weren't sure on something.
Microsoft
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa13 May 2014
Working for Microsoft was a challenge. We never had the proper tools to do the job. They would not provide us with the software they wanted us to support. We had to burn illegal copies ( Microsoft gave us the ok) yourself. Location was also an issue, cubicle farm as we called it.
Pros
Direct connection to MS KB database, Training from Redmont techs
Cons
salary, lack of tools
Great Place to work at
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 January 2016
Working at Microsoft was one of funnest jobs I had. All of the teammates where friendly and easy to get along with. They are very fun people to work with and they make the day go smoothly.

The management are friendly and easy to get along with. They are always there for the team and help out when ever they can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is playing xbox with your peers.
Pros
Fully load fridge. Great team, Fun environment
Cons
Can be boring when the store is not busy.
Microsoft
0365 Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2016
Pays well, this is a very cut throat atmosphere.
I only recommend if you have a very tough skin, if you enjoy travelling and not seeing your family for long lengths of time and expect to give 12 - 14 hours a day this is the company for you
Pros
Money is extremely good
Cons
14 - 16 hours a day
flexible hours
Corporate Accounts, Partner Sales and SMB Team (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2016
good place to work ... management is good and location is prime - i enjoy working here - growth is there but only for full time employees
Great company with great benefits
Cloud Sales Specialist - Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 June 2014
cutting edge work in working with ISVs on adopting the Azure cloud platform
Pros
great benefits and very interesting work
Cons
complexity
Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ON10 September 2014
I have witnessed a new launch for Microsoft New search engine , conducted a full survey for the new software.
Pros
short assignment
Cons
very little benifits
Excellent
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2014
Excellent working environment
Good benefits
Nice facilities
Leading edge comany.
SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2015
Busy days with lots of interaction with customers and colleagues.

How to drive out customer requirements and understand desired business capabilities to be enabled by technology solutions.

Co-workers participate on a cross-functional team - highly team oriented with lots of support.

Hardest part was keeping up to date with changing technologies.

Most enjoyable was all of the changing technologies.
Pros
work hard - play hard
Cons
n/a
A good company trying to reinvent itself for the modern world
Software Design Engineer in Test II (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA18 August 2014
Day-to-day Microsoft is generally fun, though how much fun depends on the team you are working with. The company is slowly trying to reinvent itself for a modern world, and sometimes fails to grasp the basics necessary for this task.

The company is generally good to work for, but some times seems driven more by doing what's right for the stock price instead of what's right for the customer and the employee.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Long hours; management that's slow to react
Amazing people, great tech but too many reorgs.
Senior Software Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time at Microsoft. The people there are top notch and technically brilliant. The company has great resources and very interesting technology. I was originally working with Microsoft Research which during my time there was shut down with no advanced warning. This seemed a bit too heavy handed. I was transferred to a product team and became the only person from my original group to retain employment. Less than a year later I was present for yet another reorg where all of the consultants (myself included) were let go. Chalk it up to good/bad luck. I would still not hesitate to recommend Microsoft as an employer.
Pros
Very smart, driven people.
Cons
Management reorgs.
Amazing company
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2016
Absolute pleasure working for Microsoft. Amazing support, incredible people and coworkers. Learned so much from my time there.
Lots of fun
Customer Service/Tech Support representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 July 2015
Working at Microsoft was nice. I learned some good computer skills and how to process returns and reship orders. I also learned how to troubleshoot Windows 8 operating system. Management was nice, but they didn't always keep you in the loop because we were only temps. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the angry customers and come up with solutions so they would be happy customers by the end of the phone call.
Pros
Always Interesting
Cons
Irate Customers
Dream Company
Territory Manager - Education Solution - SMS&P (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2016
nothing but positive things i never love a job more than this where i learn so much things from so many people for always be grateful for the experience
Pros
is one of the best companies in the world
Cons
nothing bad to say
Great Job Great Customers Great Team
Account Executive - Public Sector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most about being an account executive was meeting new people. I have met some amazing people over the years. Also, since it was a company that continued to grow/change it kept my job always interesting.
Very good management.
Gold Partner Technical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2015
A typical day involved answering calls from Microsoft Gold Partners for both technical and non technical issues.
Learned to resolve issue based on good business practice.
Management encouraged thinking out of the box.
Microsoft employees always available to assist when needed and contract workers always cooperated when their help was needed.
The hardest part was resoling issues when third parties involved.
The best part of the job was helping people with their issues.
Pros
Working for Microsoft.
Cons
Short term contract.
Consulting in Xbox through Simplicity
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, Wa6 March 2014
Amazing opportunities and relationships that Simplicity has in top groups at Microsoft. Day to day experience dependent on your Microsoft manager, Simplicity makes an effort to bridge the gap and reach out for feedback but it is ultimately up to you. As in all consulting, job security is iffy, but if you build your network as you go and save for the breaks of employment you incur, you will love it. The pay is much higher then FTE roles at other companies.
Pros
Free sodas at Microsoft, Fun products, some of the perks of workign alongside msft employees
Cons
Lack of job security, Questioning whether the agency has you or the clients best interest
Productive, Enthusiastic to learn something new, Music, Cricket
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2015
Learned so many things and good people and so helpful, great experience, helpful and nice work place. Always love to work with people like Opti and great Management and Wonderful Team work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
A dynamic work experience.
PROMOTIONAL REPRESENTATIVE, BLACK CHALK MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 March 2013
Arrival through Pearson security was always a friendly affair. Meeting travellers and informing them about the new Windows 8 was always a different and refreshing experience each time.

Management was great all around. They're friendly, considerate, encouraging, respectable, promote efficiency, knowledgeable, and helpful. The amount of time we all spent together allowed us to really become a team and we all eventually became friends even after the promotion ended. It was nice to look forward to coming into work and being around people you enjoyed being around. For example, when certains days felt longer than others it would be evident that we'd help one another pass the time. Throughout the duration of the program, we always learned from one another and were really beyond knowledgeable about Windows 8 and its products by the end of the program.

Although the job itself I could not consider in any way difficult, sometimes certain frustrations would arise due to faulty internet or software hiccups which would embarrassingly affect our pitches.

I really enjoyed the concept of "counting the wow's". To me "wow's" confirmed that the product experience we were sharing would be something very memorable for whoever I would be speaking to.

4.2