Microsoft Employee Reviews

lovely place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
great place to work, great people, fun environment. enjoyed he culture. Helps you develop your skills and build your networks. colleagues were the best part. we also got free meals.
National distribution manager
Distribution & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 14, 2015
Great place to work, met Bill Gates a number of times, co-workers were fun to work with, reviews were always a challenge, learned the meaning of hard work and invested a lot of hours, learne tecnical knowledge and I was very excited to work there.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Peoples skills
Poor management
Product Advisor and Community Development Captain (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Overall a fun place to work but poor management makes it not as enjoyable to stay. If it was better managed it would be a good place to work because it's a very laid back environment for a sales position.
Great Company - Long Hours
Community Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
Great company - but long hours

You'll dedicate a lot of extra time working nights and weekends, but you do get a lot of perks ie free technology. They really do place high emphasis on giving back
Lots of fun
Customer Service/Tech Support representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 21, 2015
Working at Microsoft was nice. I learned some good computer skills and how to process returns and reship orders. I also learned how to troubleshoot Windows 8 operating system. Management was nice, but they didn't always keep you in the loop because we were only temps. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the angry customers and come up with solutions so they would be happy customers by the end of the phone call.
Pros
Always Interesting
Cons
Irate Customers
Great Place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Great places to work, diverse staff and potential to learn everything about Microsoft. Always room for advancement. Helpful managers that will help you reach your career goals.
Cons
retails hours
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJune 16, 2015
Fun people with high energy and great environment - sometimes too fast paced but overall a great place to work. I would go back if I had the opportunity
Good training program
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 13, 2015
Loved working there since they try their best to fit around my school schedule. Co-workers provided every aspect of training to make sure we stay on task.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
hours vary from time to time
Very productive
Bilingual English & French Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2015
Microsoft being one of the world biggest technology company and absolutely a mother of the most used window i learned a lot and am willing to share a lot
Amazing people, great tech but too many reorgs.
Senior Software Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time at Microsoft. The people there are top notch and technically brilliant. The company has great resources and very interesting technology. I was originally working with Microsoft Research which during my time there was shut down with no advanced warning. This seemed a bit too heavy handed. I was transferred to a product team and became the only person from my original group to retain employment. Less than a year later I was present for yet another reorg where all of the consultants (myself included) were let go. Chalk it up to good/bad luck. I would still not hesitate to recommend Microsoft as an employer.
Pros
Very smart, driven people.
Cons
Management reorgs.
Great company
PRODUCT ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2015
great company and culture. I worked with a great team which share same value and beliefs.

I really enjoyed worked there.
Very good management.
Gold Partner Technical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day involved answering calls from Microsoft Gold Partners for both technical and non technical issues.
Learned to resolve issue based on good business practice.
Management encouraged thinking out of the box.
Microsoft employees always available to assist when needed and contract workers always cooperated when their help was needed.
The hardest part was resoling issues when third parties involved.
The best part of the job was helping people with their issues.
Pros
Working for Microsoft.
Cons
Short term contract.
Good Place to learn
Digital Community Manager - Partner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2015
Good place to learn how companies work on a marketing standpoint.
Not great in terms of getting mentorship and guidance as a contractor.
would recommend to anyone who's innovative, a born leader and ready to compete against their fellow coworkers.
Great place to work that was 100% focused on providing top class customer service with exceptional store set up on a daily basis.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
A great experience to open the second Microsoft Retail store in Canada from day one. The ability to do multiple 1 on 1's daily to invest in our associates was incredibly rewarding as the Leadership Team was able to promote ove 8 staff in my tenure at Microsoft.
Productive, Enthusiastic to learn something new, Music, Cricket
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Learned so many things and good people and so helpful, great experience, helpful and nice work place. Always love to work with people like Opti and great Management and Wonderful Team work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great people, company growing and changing for the better.
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 8, 2014
Overall a good option for employment within the Canadian software space
Good training opportunities
aggressive growth targets
Perception challenges in the marketplace
Pros
good training opportunities
Cons
slow to change
Great people, company growing and changing for the better.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 8, 2014
Highly matrixed organization
Microsoft Canada limited in its ability to function outside of Corps direction
Great people, generally positive environment
Growth targets difficult to sustain
Limited room for promotion outside of Central regions
Pros
great training and growth
Cons
high targets
Latest technologies
SDE 2 (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ONNovember 30, 2014
As we follow Scrum, our day starts with a standup where everyone needs to provide updates on previous day work. we generally keep sprint small 2 weeks.

Initial days of sprint , team is mostly in design discussions and creating design documents.

Middle of the sprint goes in feature development and writing unit test cases. Coordinate with test team on new feature design and test case reviews.

In last, we write build & deployment automation scripts. Coordinate with system engineer team for deployment & support in production.
Pros
latest technologies
Cons
politics
Microsoft
Customer Advocacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 28, 2014
I was chosen as manager of a newly created queue called One Team. This entailed the ongoing task of creating and updating thirty-three templates that covered various scenarios and call generators, and responding to the clients and issues they represented.
These templates became the response tools for Microsoft One team cases, and are currently being used as responses from Microsoft for Canada, the United States, and Great Britain. Recently they were translated to both Spanish and Portuguese for use in Latin America.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
temporary position
Excellent