Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a fun Place to work
Education Account Manager (Former Employee), Montreal QcSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: well located
Cons: takes too long to becaome direct employee
Completed Courses (Microsoft University)

OEM/Hardware Training
Windows 7
Office 2010 – less
great organized company, 5 star chef in the lobby great network
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), mississauga, ONMay 15, 2012
Pros: learning new products every day
Cons: to big to shine, it takes time
learning new products and technology
amazing networking
company leading in their industry
large organization with lots of opportunities
wonderful environment
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), OmanMarch 31, 2012
Pros: pros allover the place
Cons: working with governments always dangerous
Its been so quick, and was so pleasure working in Microsoft, no word can review or evaluate this company.
Great work environment
Loyalty Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 16, 2014
Everything about this company is perfect. The people are smart and friendly and always willing to help out.
Technical Recruiter
Various Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 15, 2014
 Full lifecycle recruiter - Recruited Developers, SDET and Program Managers for Microsoft Corporation.
 Partnered with hiring managers, discuss the position requirements and understand the ideal skill sets they are looking for.
 Plan on an efficient way of sourcing candidates to fulfill the requirements.
 Interacting with the candidates for various – more... positions (Developer, Test and PM) matching their skills with the teams requirements and screening them as needed.
 Consult and strategize with Managers and HR partners to support client talent needs and create a candidate pool.
 Schedule candidate interviews and build full-interview loops which sometimes could span across days, different Microsoft locations and time zones. Plus negotiating with interviewers on their schedules.
 Worked on various internal tools like HeadTrax, IV portals, HR sites to track the job requirements, candidates and their interview feedbacks.
 Be a point of contact for the candidates, help them prepare for the interviews and address any questions/concerns they have.
 Built strong positive relationships with the Hiring managers as well as the candidates. – less
Fast-paced Fun environment with career growth
Inside Territory Manager, SoCal and Hawaii (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fun environment or home from home
Cons: unstable environment
I am a team player and get along well with my peers. I see coworkers as a chance to learn from each other as well as a chance to team build and laughter for stress relief. I enjoy a busy day. I've learned that in any position I have taken in any field I eventually rise above and stand out in my area as I am a fast learner and strive for perfection everyday. – more... The most enjoyable part of any day is overcoming challenges several times a day and striving to master my position. – less
Fast-paced Fun environment with career growth
Pros: fun environment or home from home
Cons: unstable environment
Sr. Network Architect (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 14, 2014
Average Work Experience; Great Variety of Work
Software Developer - Intern (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 13, 2014
By the nature of being so large, it's almost natural that Microsoft have a wide selection of things to work on. It's a bit of an odd one, though. There's definitely some internal issues that are being resolved. Management is not the best and the work/life balance is pushing in the direction of over working.
Productive fun place to work with great people
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great people
Cons: top heavy management structure, and a "not invented here" attitude towards open source code.
Great place to work, but there are difficulties with work/life balance. The people are great but the management philosophy needs to be brought into the 21st century.
Excellent work/life balance with smart people
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, environment, freedom
Microsoft is an excellent place for an intern.
The company treats interns extremely well, and there are so many ways to connect with people and do cool things outside of work.

Awesome thing about both my internships was that I got to choose what I worked on. The manager, mentor, and co-workers are all extremely supportive, and constantly remind you – more... that this experience is for me to learn and grow (and their actions actually follow that statement).

The only thing I disliked about the company (or at least my team), was that not many people seemed passionate. This would be an excellent place to work if stability and work/life balance is the top priority (like seriously, I can't imagine a better place). – less
awesome employer
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), IndiaOctober 10, 2014
awesome employer to start with. so many things to learn
Very custmer focus company
A place full of knowledge and intelligence
Support Engineer- SMS 2003 and SCCM 2007 (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: everything from work to cabs
Cons: nothing at all
Excellent work environment
Great resources
Everything has got a process...
Mutliple positions with MSFT
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 9, 2014
I have been a Senior Program Manager, Program Manager Lead, Test Lead, SDET with Microsoft in various projects and in different divisions such as MSIT, OSD, Windows Phone and Skype/Lync.
customer and product focus is strong; design is important
Director (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefit package, salary, growth
Cons: worry of layoffs, competitve atmosphere brings out bad behavior
Product teams strong, culture rewards execution and strong, vocal performers. IT focuses on systems, process, compliance.
Great Company
SR PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), redmond, WaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great products and teams
Cons: worklife balance
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Lots of freedom, and tons of different products and tech to work on.
One Microsoft is disaster
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work/life balance, terrible managament, job security, job culture, terrible hr
Terrible work/life balance (it's expected from you to work 60 hours/week). New senior management doesn't have a clue where the "new" One Microsoft is going. Advancing stocks with laid off excellent people. New ideas aren't accepted at all. Lost last 15 years with terrible HR decisions and now employees and customers are paying the price. Too many unnecessary – more... acquisitions and nothing really new in past 15 years.

Microsoft is still back in time with Windows 95/98.

Only benefits are OK, but other companies are offering even better benefits. Overall not very good place to work. – less
Microsoft Ireland
Industry Account Manager (Former Employee), DublinOctober 8, 2014
Direct and Partner management, provide support and direction while increasing revenue and pipeline opportunity.
Manage the Multi Million Euro renewal Campus Enterprise Agreement Program.
Utilise social media to develop market opportunity and lead generation.
Develop and maintain the strategic plan to meet or exceed the objectives and sales goals.
Manage – more... the budget, planning, forecasting, marketing and reporting. – less
Great place to work.
Person Trainer (Current Employee), AtlantaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay
Like all technology enthusiast I have had a passion to follow and enjoy the progression of technology.
Created a great experience and customer service.
It is a productive workplace with so much potential.
Software Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 7, 2014
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers work towards the common goal of completing work.
Fellow employees are a joy to work with.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more