Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for and great pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Century City, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: uniform is great, management is great, pay and benefits are great
Cons: none that i can think of
Overall I would have to say this has been the best company I've worked for thus far. Can't think of anything negative to say just positive.
good
Programmer/ Data Analyst, Bing Group (Former Employee), 北京市, C22August 19, 2014
challenging job
nice colleagues
various activities
cooperation
Fexible hours
Business Analyst/Data Analyst/ Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 17, 2014
Fun place to work. Great people. Co-workers very useful. A typical day at work started at 7am and ended at 3:30pm
Great company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 15, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Always work beyond your means.
Good working experience at Microsoft/Nokia
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: always something new
Cons: continually shifting focus on what to work on
Good place to work. Quick paced, always something new. Very enjoyable
a Turning Point of my life
MICROSOFT STUDENT PARTNER (Former Employee), Coimbatore, TNAugust 14, 2014
Microsoft Student Partner is the life's turning point. i got to learn everything in Technology after I became MSP only. It is awesome platform for students to equip themselves.
Interesting work
Geospatial Operator (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 14, 2014
The work I did with Insight Global/Microsoft was very interesting work especially with working with all the images that were given to me and the other people I worked with
N/A
HP/MS Frontline Alliance Manager (Current Employee), RedmondAugust 13, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: n/a
The most enjoyable part of working at Microsoft is that you are surrounded by very smart people and great technology. A big corporation can be a challenge as things move a little bit slower but it has the advantage that you can move jobs and still stay with the same company.
Relaxed yet competitive environment for self-starters
Thermal Test Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 12, 2014
A great place for self-starters to do your own thing and be rewarded for it. The culture is very relaxed, and as long as you are getting your work done, no one cares how long you are at the office.
a typical day at work
Brand Mkt Manager (Former Employee), Mexico CityAugust 11, 2014
calls to wholesalers, strategize marketing for distributors, sales tools, training
Terrible experience
PM Intern (Former Employee), 11August 11, 2014
They just wanted me to work overtime and forced me to things that engineers not do.
MS
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 10, 2014
A lot of opportunities to have a big impact. The Quality-based discipline is now gone, being replaced by "software engineer". The new combined (dev/test/quality) position is much more focused on development and less on testing in an effort to become more "modern". Unfortunately, using the product and having the ability to represent the customer seems – more... to be loosing to greater technical and programming ability. Time will tell whether this results in higher quality products. – less
Excellent place for work with very high performance professionals.
Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 7, 2014
Designing and developing robust testing automation in C#/C++ for several Windows features.
creative place to work
Technology Solution Specialist - IT (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 7, 2014
Working with Tech giant a different experience
Supportive Team & Manager
Exposure to different industry verticals
Productive and good atmosphere
Business Development Executive (Former Employee), Godalming, ENGAugust 6, 2014
I did learn everything about Microsoft licensing. Very interesting
I used to call clients to make a review of their licenses
Really good atmosphere at work
Managers were so professionals
Great Company to work for.
Campaign Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 4, 2014
Pros: international company with great possibilities
Cons: the microsoft/ nokia merge has not provided job security
I enjoy the freedom that the company offers as long as your work is done immaculately.
Hard to get anything done
Vendor (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: no office space for vendors
Organizational structure, management, and scope changes so much it's hard to get any traction. And everyone you need to talk to to get anything done is on vacation for a month. And no office space for vendors.
Engaging and challenging work atmosphere
SDET - Windows/Networking/Printers (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2014
Working here at microsoft introduced me to what it was like working as a software development engineer in test, and my interactions with my teammates and more experienced colleagues enabled me to hone my skill-set.
Can be amazing experience if the work group, manager, and business cycle align.
Project Manager (Former Employee), SeattleAugust 2, 2014
Microsoft has an overall culture that is very driven. When that drive is toward a cool goal that is also customer-oriented, the Microsoft experience borders on magical.

When the goal and/or management are more about getting market share for the sake of market share or revenue--with little to no consideration of the customer's benefit--working at Microsoft – more... (any company) can be a drag.

Therefore, if/when interviewing, be sure to see where the group and management are in terms of their business priorities, goals, and measures of success. Your aim would be to make sure you and MS are in alignment. – less
Microsoft great for gaining new skills
Senior Partner Channel Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: campus, benefits, compensation.
Cons: old boys network, culture varies dramatically from org to org
as with most HUGE companies, the culture is set by the individual department/organization you work in. So it varies widely. I would stay aware from World Wide Pricing and Licensing (WWLP), any of the product organizations would be challenging and fast paced and you would gain great transferable skills.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more