Microsoft Employee Reviews

Loved it.
Business Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
Great place to work, very flexible with work hours. Management is supportive and works with you to move forward with personal goals. The hardest part is keeping in contact have have a close work culture. The most enjoyable is the comraderie.
Positive learning experience
Service Centre Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
Very knowledgeable colleagues willing to assist you in your development.

Work experience will differ greatly depending on the manager you have.

Contract employment is common here.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
poor location
Excellent Culture and Team
Dynamics Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
Working at MSFT helped me learn many of the solution offerings Microsoft develops to help customers run better. I was happy to be part of the Dynamics Team and Azure launch in Canada.
Great company
Customer & Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2017
Full time contract employee. Great culture but if your not a full time employee no room for advancement and benefits are very poor. Management need to learn how to communicate with employees.
Worked through consulting firm and there is no recognization
Customer and Partner Advocacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2017
Working through consulting firm - nobody cares about personal growth, no matter how much one has achieved doing the job.
After hiring, job requirement changed and management kept pushing what ever MS required to meet their goals compared to what position was advertised and hiring was done. Do not expect such big company to be so much off.
Consulting firm does not recognize or pay attention to the work that is done by the candidates, no pay raise or proper guidance given.
Sad to see Microsoft encouraging this kind of behavior.
Pros
Microsoft
Cons
Mis management by managers and consulting firms
Negative place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
Initially the job is exciting and you get to learn a lot of new things, but management is fairly horrible. The team you work with are very accepting and easy to get along with but depending on who you become friends with management has a strong bias and will negatively review you for it.

While they promote a Growth mindset work environment, only the staff in charge of training harbour it, managers believe they are above all and only promote growth in the people they like/favor. If you try to grow on your own, you tend to be shunned by management as they only want you to grow under there watchful eyes.

Don't get me wrong managers are nice people, they just don't know how to handle there positions well. They take any criticism as personal attacks and attempt to force you to believe their opinions are better then yours and you wont convince them otherwise.
Pros
hour lunches, learn about new tech before everyone else, Chill co-workers
Cons
poor management, low-no schedual flexibility for full-time.
extremely good company with lots of benefits
Surface sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
My job consisted of being sent to two best buy stores to promote and sell Microsoft products primarily surrounding the Microsoft surface pro and Microsoft surface. My job consisted of training and development of the staff of the best buy stores I was sent to as well as being able to sell independently without any management around to support me. I was responsible of getting a customer interested planting all of the necessary seeds and then passing it off to a best buy employee to finish the sale. I learned how to work on my own and be able to merchandise manage my own time and self and learn new selling techniques that would further benefit me in terms of building relationships with customers and believing in what I sell. I learned a lot about Microsoft software, operating system and the products itself. I built very good relationships with the district manager and territory manager of Microsoft itself. During this time I build excellent relationships with the staff that worked in Best Buy. The hardest part of my job was that repetitiveness of the job and not being able to do more then what I was there for. Otherwise the company and job itself was an amazing opportunity that taught me many things.
Pros
contract
A Very Innovative Company
Agile Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Amazing place to work for. Lot of free foods, games, work culture is very professional and competitive. Appraisal process is very good and lot of aid is given for innovation at work place.
Na
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2017
Technology based. Sales and marketing. Offsite training with great travel benefits. Reasonable salary. Energetic work environment with alot of public dealing.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Productive and Fun job place
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
I love customer service and present office and windows workshops. Helping customer to decide what kind of product they want it is the best part of my job.
Microsoft is a great place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA1 January 2017
Great place to wor, good work/life balance, a great team, supportive environment, and incredible facilities.

Typical days run from 8Am until 6pm., except if
Pros
great people
Cons
hours can be long
Fulfilling
Programs & Projects Manager, Gulf (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates21 December 2016
Fantastic company with great mentors and leadership, creating a very fulfilling and rewarding work environment for almost all employees. Flexibility to work remotely is a big advantage.
Productive and fun environment with great benefits.
Product Advisor/ICE/Visuals Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2016
A typical day consists of interacting with customers and offering exceptional customer service in all areas. Ensuring that our store is set to store standards at all times. Helping out with inventory, receiving and shipping.
Fast-paced and cutting edge
Sales Manager - Tele Teams (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Always on the bleeding edge of technology, the business changes daily. Always something new to learn. Key focus changes often and you have to be able to change your focus with the business.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Many management layers
We love you...not really.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
Lots of promises they never delivered on. It was and will always be about getting your money. Heartless with letting employees go and Management or Executives always use the smaller employees as scapegoats. Store quality of products keeps deteriorating, thus lots of returns. Hard pressure on sales staff and even more pressure on Tech room associates. Employee policies and rules always change day to day depending on the Manager overseeing, no consistent direction. If you stand outside and look in you can see how "happy" most staff are. Very seldom are non sales employees given credit for their work. Above minimum wage, great benefits, but not worth stress or job insecurity. Lots of swag, gifts, and free food.
Pros
Free food, swag, and tech. Great wage and benefits.
Cons
Poor management and job security.
great
Microsoft Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2016
great environment. very rigid corporate atmosphere with great compensations and all the necessary employee needs and benefits. President club members get great benefits as well
Great place to start your career
Associate Business Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2016
Lots of room for growth. Need to be a self started and look for opportunities. Company culture is coming back and morale is much higher now. Future looking very bright.
Fun working place with a wonderful culture
Admin Assistant to Channel Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK7 October 2016
I look forward to come into work every morning

Everyday has a new learning curve. When there are different things thrown at you from different offices then you learn and get it done quickly as one has to be mindful of the different time zones.

Co-workers are helpful and work as a team

The hardest part of the job is when you are treated as a Vendor

The most enjoyable part of the job is the Culture here
Pros
Fruits are free, food is subsidized, Sodas are free
Cons
Long working hours
challenging and inspiring work environment
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2016
I have been here long enough to recommend it for anyone who is interested in doing stuff that will change the world. This is a place where you drive your own career.
Life at Microsoft
Territory Account Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2016
Life at Microsoft can be both enjoyable and life fulfilling but it can also be stressful with a high level of burnout.

Microsoft mission statement of "To empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more" is ingrained in the culture and dictate what every Microsoft employee does on a day and day out basis. And we actually do sell technology that makes the mission statement real.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2