Microsoft Employee Review

Exciting Work, Always Leading the Pack
Senior Analyst/Excel/ SQL Reporting (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA19 June 2013
I enjoyed working with Microsoft. Everyone is dedicated and fully vested in the projects I worked on. I always had a sense that I was part of the pack, leading the way.

As a consultant with them I enjoyed the flexible work schedule, working from home or on the road if needed. Offices are not terribly elaborate but everyone has a door they can close. Getting the right equipment to use while developing was never difficult, as a company they upgrade to new technology every two years or so.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Demanding, results oriented environment, highly competitive.

Other Microsoft Employee Reviews

If you work with a good manager
Business Intelligence Data Analyst/ Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA7 November 2017
Some managers are good but some are awful. I have worked with both types. The company is too big and doesn't care about the individual. it is just a matter of luck working with an easy going and kind manager. The last manager I had was an awful woman that made me to leave the job after 2 weeks.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Bad management, Dirty politics
Fun Informal workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cairo4 November 2017
Great people and experiences. Learned a lot about sales and how big companies work. The workplace culture is very relaxed, and there is a general enthusiasm by people in the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2