Microsoft Employee Reviews in Canada

Slug-It-Out For a Chance to Move On
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 8, 2016
The work is easy and fun but there's no training and absolutely no career path, and the pay and benefits are as low as possible. There's a lot of turnover, as you have to be perfect to have your contract renewed. You'll make many friends, but then see them of them simply disappear one day. It's grueling, but if you make it through you'll have some good Q.A. skills that will allow you to move up and out to another company.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Low Pay, No Advancement
I worked as an outsource partner for Microsoft via Volt and VMC. It was a great experience,
Service Delivery Support Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Working for Microsoft as an outsource partner was a great experience. We experienced some of the perks of being associated with Microsoft - free drinks and snacks. The work environment was great, with great people.
Pros
Great people and work environment
Cons
Not an actual full time Microsoft employee, with all the associated benefits
Great Place to work at
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Microsoft was one of funnest jobs I had. All of the teammates where friendly and easy to get along with. They are very fun people to work with and they make the day go smoothly.

The management are friendly and easy to get along with. They are always there for the team and help out when ever they can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is playing xbox with your peers.
Pros
Fully load fridge. Great team, Fun environment
Cons
Can be boring when the store is not busy.
Microsoft
0365 Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Pays well, this is a very cut throat atmosphere.
I only recommend if you have a very tough skin, if you enjoy travelling and not seeing your family for long lengths of time and expect to give 12 - 14 hours a day this is the company for you
Pros
Money is extremely good
Cons
14 - 16 hours a day
Processes that work, culture that rocked, people that were awesome
Inventory Control Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Each day had a routine, and that routine made sense.
Heavily team based.
We were all trained on how to use Microsoft products, and then used those Microsoft products everyday at our jobs. Made that job and my future jobs a lot easier to do. :)
There was 3 weeks of training in a hotel while the store was built. Tonnes of fun and really helped build a sense of community and commraderie amongst the retail staff.
Paid decent wages for retail staff.
TONNES of benefits and perks. Free drinks and snacks and if there was ever an event, free food too.
Great initiative amongst the management teams to keep everyone motivated.
No room for advancement beyong retail though.
The corporate offices are in Mississauga and I don't believe there was a channel to take from retail to corporate.
Pros
Free snacks / drinks, great culture, tonnes of benefits and perks
Cons
Mall retail hours, no corporate advancement, SUPER lengthy interview process
Dream Company
Territory Manager - Education Solution - SMS&P (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 20, 2016
nothing but positive things i never love a job more than this where i learn so much things from so many people for always be grateful for the experience
Pros
is one of the best companies in the world
Cons
nothing bad to say
Leading edge comany.
SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Busy days with lots of interaction with customers and colleagues.

How to drive out customer requirements and understand desired business capabilities to be enabled by technology solutions.

Co-workers participate on a cross-functional team - highly team oriented with lots of support.

Hardest part was keeping up to date with changing technologies.

Most enjoyable was all of the changing technologies.
Pros
work hard - play hard
Cons
n/a
Great Experience with Microsoft
Sales Support Manager/Analytical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, CanadaNovember 13, 2015
I have very good experience of working with Microsoft. It's great to work with a bunch of creative and brilliant ppl here. If you want to learn and sharpen your business skill, Microsoft could be a place to go.
Great Job Great Customers Great Team
Account Executive - Public Sector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most about being an account executive was meeting new people. I have met some amazing people over the years. Also, since it was a company that continued to grow/change it kept my job always interesting.
flexible hours
Corporate Accounts, Partner Sales and SMB Team (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
good place to work ... management is good and location is prime - i enjoy working here - growth is there but only for full time employees
Microsoft is a great company
Senior Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
Its a great place to work!
I just wish there was room for growth, the people are great to work with. Positive vibes could be used more in the workplace .
Pros
food and drinks provided, funny group to work with, teamwork is amazing
Cons
Negativity in the workplace, but thats everywhere
Amazing company
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Absolute pleasure working for Microsoft. Amazing support, incredible people and coworkers. Learned so much from my time there.
Lots of fun
Customer Service/Tech Support representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 21, 2015
Working at Microsoft was nice. I learned some good computer skills and how to process returns and reship orders. I also learned how to troubleshoot Windows 8 operating system. Management was nice, but they didn't always keep you in the loop because we were only temps. My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help the angry customers and come up with solutions so they would be happy customers by the end of the phone call.
Pros
Always Interesting
Cons
Irate Customers
National distribution manager
Distribution & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 14, 2015
Great place to work, met Bill Gates a number of times, co-workers were fun to work with, reviews were always a challenge, learned the meaning of hard work and invested a lot of hours, learne tecnical knowledge and I was very excited to work there.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Peoples skills
Amazing people, great tech but too many reorgs.
Senior Software Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time at Microsoft. The people there are top notch and technically brilliant. The company has great resources and very interesting technology. I was originally working with Microsoft Research which during my time there was shut down with no advanced warning. This seemed a bit too heavy handed. I was transferred to a product team and became the only person from my original group to retain employment. Less than a year later I was present for yet another reorg where all of the consultants (myself included) were let go. Chalk it up to good/bad luck. I would still not hesitate to recommend Microsoft as an employer.
Pros
Very smart, driven people.
Cons
Management reorgs.
Poor management
Product Advisor and Community Development Captain (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Overall a fun place to work but poor management makes it not as enjoyable to stay. If it was better managed it would be a good place to work because it's a very laid back environment for a sales position.
Great Company - Long Hours
Community Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
Great company - but long hours

You'll dedicate a lot of extra time working nights and weekends, but you do get a lot of perks ie free technology. They really do place high emphasis on giving back
Very good management.
Gold Partner Technical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day involved answering calls from Microsoft Gold Partners for both technical and non technical issues.
Learned to resolve issue based on good business practice.
Management encouraged thinking out of the box.
Microsoft employees always available to assist when needed and contract workers always cooperated when their help was needed.
The hardest part was resoling issues when third parties involved.
The best part of the job was helping people with their issues.
Pros
Working for Microsoft.
Cons
Short term contract.
lovely place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
great place to work, great people, fun environment. enjoyed he culture. Helps you develop your skills and build your networks. colleagues were the best part. we also got free meals.
Great Place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Great places to work, diverse staff and potential to learn everything about Microsoft. Always room for advancement. Helpful managers that will help you reach your career goals.
Cons
retails hours

4.2