Microsoft Employee Reviews

We love you...not really.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
Lots of promises they never delivered on. It was and will always be about getting your money. Heartless with letting employees go and Management or Executives always use the smaller employees as scapegoats. Store quality of products keeps deteriorating, thus lots of returns. Hard pressure on sales staff and even more pressure on Tech room associates. Employee policies and rules always change day to day depending on the Manager overseeing, no consistent direction. If you stand outside and look in you can see how "happy" most staff are. Very seldom are non sales employees given credit for their work. Above minimum wage, great benefits, but not worth stress or job insecurity. Lots of swag, gifts, and free food.
Pros
Free food, swag, and tech. Great wage and benefits.
Cons
Poor management and job security.
Fun working place with a wonderful culture
Admin Assistant to Channel Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK7 October 2016
I look forward to come into work every morning

Everyday has a new learning curve. When there are different things thrown at you from different offices then you learn and get it done quickly as one has to be mindful of the different time zones.

Co-workers are helpful and work as a team

The hardest part of the job is when you are treated as a Vendor

The most enjoyable part of the job is the Culture here
Pros
Fruits are free, food is subsidized, Sodas are free
Cons
Long working hours
Life at Microsoft
Territory Account Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2016
Life at Microsoft can be both enjoyable and life fulfilling but it can also be stressful with a high level of burnout.

Microsoft mission statement of "To empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more" is ingrained in the culture and dictate what every Microsoft employee does on a day and day out basis. And we actually do sell technology that makes the mission statement real.
Productive and fun environment with great benefits.
Product Advisor/ICE/Visuals Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2016
A typical day consists of interacting with customers and offering exceptional customer service in all areas. Ensuring that our store is set to store standards at all times. Helping out with inventory, receiving and shipping.
Negative place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
Initially the job is exciting and you get to learn a lot of new things, but management is fairly horrible. The team you work with are very accepting and easy to get along with but depending on who you become friends with management has a strong bias and will negatively review you for it.

While they promote a Growth mindset work environment, only the staff in charge of training harbour it, managers believe they are above all and only promote growth in the people they like/favor. If you try to grow on your own, you tend to be shunned by management as they only want you to grow under there watchful eyes.

Don't get me wrong managers are nice people, they just don't know how to handle there positions well. They take any criticism as personal attacks and attempt to force you to believe their opinions are better then yours and you wont convince them otherwise.
Pros
hour lunches, learn about new tech before everyone else, Chill co-workers
Cons
poor management, low-no schedual flexibility for full-time.
Fast-paced and cutting edge
Sales Manager - Tele Teams (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Always on the bleeding edge of technology, the business changes daily. Always something new to learn. Key focus changes often and you have to be able to change your focus with the business.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Many management layers
A Very Innovative Company
Agile Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Amazing place to work for. Lot of free foods, games, work culture is very professional and competitive. Appraisal process is very good and lot of aid is given for innovation at work place.
Fulfilling
Programs & Projects Manager, Gulf (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates21 December 2016
Fantastic company with great mentors and leadership, creating a very fulfilling and rewarding work environment for almost all employees. Flexibility to work remotely is a big advantage.
Great Place to work
Office 365 Specialist & EMS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2016
Overall Microsoft is an excellent place to hone your skills. With multiple resources and opportunities to expand your knowledge set and with abundant opportunities to move into new roles
Pros
Excelent working culture, Opportunities to grow and expand your knowledge and career, Good work life balance
Cons
Heavy workloads, long hours, lack luster communication from top down
Great place to start your career
Associate Business Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2016
Lots of room for growth. Need to be a self started and look for opportunities. Company culture is coming back and morale is much higher now. Future looking very bright.
great
Microsoft Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2016
great environment. very rigid corporate atmosphere with great compensations and all the necessary employee needs and benefits. President club members get great benefits as well
Productive and Fun job place
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
I love customer service and present office and windows workshops. Helping customer to decide what kind of product they want it is the best part of my job.
Na
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2017
Technology based. Sales and marketing. Offsite training with great travel benefits. Reasonable salary. Energetic work environment with alot of public dealing.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Excellent place to work
BI Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA16 August 2016
Excellent place to work for experienced professional. There is daily challenges, weekly challenges and goals. Get to work with cutting edge technologies and develop challenging tools and dynamic system changes everyday.
Pros
Free lunches, happy hours
Cons
work late hours
the best company in the world to work in
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada25 July 2016
love the lovely team and good team managment i am really happy from them and wish to wiork with them for a long time and also i want my friends to apply for work in this company in which i work with because the best envirnment the best and respectful people to work with .
challenging and inspiring work environment
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2016
I have been here long enough to recommend it for anyone who is interested in doing stuff that will change the world. This is a place where you drive your own career.
WorkPlace Environment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2016
Productive WorkPlace with a young and enthusiastic workforce/ full of exciting ideas and willingness
Pros
Subsidized Lunches & Free Refreshments
Cons
Too many mixed (inconsistent) messaging from Local Management
A relaxed driven enviornment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2016
Microsoft is a relaxed environment that supports and nurtures employees to grow. The most enjoyable part of the position is to be able to support the account managers and achieve their Customer satisfaction targets. The peers are friendly and diverse. Management has an open door policy.
Good
Microsoft Exchange Support Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2016
Typical day at work included coming in and taking calls, and following up with customers. Ensuring that needs were met and taken care of. Management was supportive. Good work environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
weird hours.
extremely good company with lots of benefits
Surface sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
My job consisted of being sent to two best buy stores to promote and sell Microsoft products primarily surrounding the Microsoft surface pro and Microsoft surface. My job consisted of training and development of the staff of the best buy stores I was sent to as well as being able to sell independently without any management around to support me. I was responsible of getting a customer interested planting all of the necessary seeds and then passing it off to a best buy employee to finish the sale. I learned how to work on my own and be able to merchandise manage my own time and self and learn new selling techniques that would further benefit me in terms of building relationships with customers and believing in what I sell. I learned a lot about Microsoft software, operating system and the products itself. I built very good relationships with the district manager and territory manager of Microsoft itself. During this time I build excellent relationships with the staff that worked in Best Buy. The hardest part of my job was that repetitiveness of the job and not being able to do more then what I was there for. Otherwise the company and job itself was an amazing opportunity that taught me many things.
Pros
contract

4.2