Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work at
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Fully load fridge. Great team, Fun environment
Cons: Can be boring when the store is not busy.
Working at Microsoft was one of funnest jobs I had. All of the teammates where friendly and easy to get along with. They are very fun people to work with and they make the day go smoothly.

The management are friendly and easy to get along with. They are always there for the team and help out when ever they can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is playing xbox with your peers.
Dream Company
Territory Manager - Education Solution - SMS&P (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: is one of the best companies in the world
Cons: nothing bad to say
nothing but positive things i never love a job more than this where i learn so much things from so many people for always be grateful for the experience
Great Experience with Microsoft
Sales Support Manager/Analytical Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, CanadaNovember 13, 2015
I have very good experience of working with Microsoft. It's great to work with a bunch of creative and brilliant ppl here. If you want to learn and sharpen your business skill, Microsoft could be a place to go.
Great Job Great Customers Great Team
Account Executive - Public Sector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most about being an account executive was meeting new people. I have met some amazing people over the years. Also, since it was a company that continued to grow/change it kept my job always interesting.
Microsoft is a great company
Senior Service Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: food and drinks provided, funny group to work with, teamwork is amazing
Cons: Negativity in the workplace, but thats everywhere
Its a great place to work!
I just wish there was room for growth, the people are great to work with. Positive vibes could be used more in the workplace .
lovely place
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2015
great place to work, great people, fun environment. enjoyed he culture. Helps you develop your skills and build your networks. colleagues were the best part. we also got free meals.
National distribution manager
Distribution & Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great enviorment
Cons: Peoples skills
Great place to work, met Bill Gates a number of times, co-workers were fun to work with, reviews were always a challenge, learned the meaning of hard work and invested a lot of hours, learne tecnical knowledge and I was very excited to work there.
Poor management
Product Advisor and Community Development Captain (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
Overall a fun place to work but poor management makes it not as enjoyable to stay. If it was better managed it would be a good place to work because it's a very laid back environment for a sales position.
Great Company - Long Hours
Community Development Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2015
Great company - but long hours

You'll dedicate a lot of extra time working nights and weekends, but you do get a lot of perks ie free technology. They really do place high emphasis on giving back
Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioJune 16, 2015
Fun people with high energy and great environment - sometimes too fast paced but overall a great place to work. I would go back if I had the opportunity
Good training program
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 13, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with
Cons: hours vary from time to time
Loved working there since they try their best to fit around my school schedule. Co-workers provided every aspect of training to make sure we stay on task.
Very productive
Bilingual English & French Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2015
Microsoft being one of the world biggest technology company and absolutely a mother of the most used window i learned a lot and am willing to share a lot
Great company
PRODUCT ADVISOR (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2015
great company and culture. I worked with a great team which share same value and beliefs.

I really enjoyed worked there.
Very good management.
Gold Partner Technical Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Working for Microsoft.
Cons: Short term contract.
A typical day involved answering calls from Microsoft Gold Partners for both technical and non technical issues.
Learned to resolve issue based on good business practice.
Management encouraged thinking out of the box.
Microsoft employees always available to assist when needed and contract workers always cooperated when their help was needed.
The hardest part was resoling issues when third parties involved.
The best part of the job was helping people with their issues.
Good Place to learn
Digital Community Manager - Partner (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2015
Good place to learn how companies work on a marketing standpoint.
Not great in terms of getting mentorship and guidance as a contractor.
would recommend to anyone who's innovative, a born leader and ready to compete against their fellow coworkers.
Great people, company growing and changing for the better.
Program Manager (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great training and growth
Cons: high targets
Highly matrixed organization
Microsoft Canada limited in its ability to function outside of Corps direction
Great people, generally positive environment
Growth targets difficult to sustain
Limited room for promotion outside of Central regions
Latest technologies
SDE 2 (Current Employee), Redmond, ONNovember 30, 2014
Pros: latest technologies
Cons: politics
As we follow Scrum, our day starts with a standup where everyone needs to provide updates on previous day work. we generally keep sprint small 2 weeks.

Initial days of sprint , team is mostly in design discussions and creating design documents.

Middle of the sprint goes in feature development and writing unit test cases. Coordinate with test team on new feature design and test case reviews.

In last, we write build & deployment automation scripts. Coordinate with system engineer team for deployment & support in production.
Microsoft
Customer Advocacy Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: temporary position
I was chosen as manager of a newly created queue called One Team. This entailed the ongoing task of creating and updating thirty-three templates that covered various scenarios and call generators, and responding to the clients and issues they represented.
These templates became the response tools for Microsoft One team cases, and are currently being used as responses from Microsoft for Canada, the United States, and Great Britain. Recently they were translated to both Spanish and Portuguese for use in Latin America.
Excellent
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2014
Excellent working environment
Good benefits
Nice facilities
Hard work with a rewarding enviroment
Sales Consultant Burlington (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 16, 2014
there are nice perks like cool new work computers and cell phones.
Links