Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dealing with customers, placing their orders and helping them download their products.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 13, 2012
Pros: the shifts were pretty good
Cons: the mangement changed so the whole environment of the work changed.
it was a very good company overall. Had great co-workers the pay was ok.
Fun enviroment
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: software
Cons: work life balance
Fun products
Fun people
Poor business unit management
Great place to learn
Review
Product Advisor, Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
A typical days work consists of a morning meeting, zoning around the store, engaging customers, and discovering what their need is. We are there to set them up fr success whether or not they buy that day. We want customers for life, so if that means setting them up with a quote, just answering question, or selling them a product (or multiple) we are – more... here to do that with an attitude you cannot find anywhere else. The hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job is wearing many hats! There is no such thing as "that's not my job". We are a team and support everyone no matter what position they are in. – less
Helping people overcome tech obstacles every day!
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free drinks, snacks, free phone, free surface pc when hired, excellent benefits!
Cons: management who only looks out for each other, very click'ish environment.
. A typical day involved helping customer with their needs in MS operating systems and software.

. I learned that management there knows little to nothing about the technological work that they have asked us to perform. It amazes me that managers can work for a company like MS, and know so little about computers! Baffling!

.Best part of the job was – more... meeting someone new everyday and helping them with their problems! – less
Work here at your own risk!
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Danbury CtSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many to list.
Worked in the store in Danbury CT a long time ago.
The store manager is very two faced. The hours were long and lots of time on the floor. Had many customers told me later that they missed me after I left. I saw them in other stores.
Co workers gossiped about everyone and did not seem to like their jobs. The training was not very good. Too long - 30 – more... days of it.
The end all was when I asked for more training and was told in front of a manager - "Forget it he is almost out of here."
The same manager who said this would act childish and unprofessional. He would talk about you in front of you so you could hear him, make farting sounds and say rude remarks about you. He would then hide in the office if you were mad at him for acting like a baby. – less
Awesome job with top a tier company
Product Advisr (Former Employee), Atlanta GAAugust 4, 2014
Working inside Lenox mall is like working at Mercedes instead of Kia. I loved the clientele, working with and learning about new technology, and the management team were very knowledgable and had the team headed in the right direction.
Microsoft is a great company to work for
Consumer Services Advisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great hours, great benefits, great environments
Cons: not everyone on the same page with the team work environment
Enjoy working with customers and everything there is to learn from day to day working at the Microsoft store. Every day is team work, always working together to ensure the best possible experience for every customer that comes through the door.
What you need to know.
Product Advisor (Former Employee), AnonJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay, advancement is no lie, fun, always learning
Cons: personal opinion: expectations are so high its almost demoralizing.
Working in retail most of my life, a day at Microsoft varies all the same.

The interview:
The process was different and non-traditional, arguably flawed in that approach as it seemed organized but lacks the professionalism to do a correct assessment. They want someone with a lot of energy, almost hyper..but not too hyper, and will sooner look over – more... those with a passion for the company
You will go to a closed to hiring event, where you are assessed for your responses, your eagerness, your excitement and your engagement. When you get passed that, you will be in a one on one interview, still looking for the previous qualifiers they will also do the traditional look over with your resume, something most people are familiar with.
But just like Apple, there are so many people looking for a job with them that you are competing in a room of people all vying for the same thing. The odds are staggering if you can't compete.
Know this before you go in and craft your approach.

I worked for them in the past, and it was hands down the greatest job I had. Its retail; not a lot of glamour to the area but with Microsoft you feel like you are more than the typical and justly so. I was easy, moderately paced, always learning and fun atmosphere, and management actually manages...even retailers can learn from them when it comes to running a store. But with all that energy the ask for, there is that flaw, they have expectations.
If you can keep up with them you will advance and succeed with ease. But if you can't, you will flutter until they get rid of you.

But good luck if you can get a job with them. They open doors! – less
Amazing
PRODUCT ADVISOR (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJMay 22, 2014
Microsoft is a cool place to work.
Management is okay.
I leaned Windows and Office
Co-workers were amazing
Microsoft
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: everything.
Best company I've ever been with. Nothing bad about it. Love the people.
Rollercoaster
Management (Current Employee), TXDecember 4, 2013
Typical days at work involved a multitude of hours of either standing around or rushing around. If corporate management focused on anything, it was politics and "chain of command" rather than rewarding hard-workers or taking time to solve real strategic problems. Ambition & drive is punished, whereas mediocrity & general malaise is rewarded and encouraged. – more... If you are someone who prefers to do nothing at their job and simply take direction without an urge for self-starting, working at Microsoft is for you. – less
Fun job
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: mandatory overtime during the holidays
I loved the fun and family environment. Very supportive and open to ideas.
Don't waste your time!!!!!
Sales (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: false belief
Like must jobs out there they want a puppet. I went in there and I'm the type that wants to work and loves customer service. I was never given a chance to show them that because of the nontraditional way the conduct their business/interviews. I should have known this going in considering the way Microsoft has always done customer service. Product first – more... no matter how flawed they are then customer service. – less
Awesome Opportunities
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: lots of training on microsoft products
Cons: when days are slow they are really slow.
They are growing fast and new opportunities are opening left and right. They frequently provide free lunch and offer free beverages in their break rooms.

March 26, 2013

What is the pay like? How much did you get paid an hour? and did you get any time of commission percentage for selling products/devices?

Fun but you have to know your stuff.
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Long Island, NYMarch 2, 2013
Pros: good location inside mall, fun staff, employee discounts
Cons: hours change constantly, terrible commute by bus, positive sales don't affect pay
You just show up and sell the product. You get trained on what everything does and you get to play around with them. You even get to use the internet when it's slow. And the managers are all pretty understanding people. Just follow their instructions and you're set.
Great team to work with
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Huntington Station, NYFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: constant fun
Cons: cant thing of any
The people I worked with were great and cared about what they do which gives you so much energy to work. I would spend the day helping customers and making sure it is looking good at all times. The managers were very understanding and helpful with any problems. The hardest part is saying good bye since I would like to put my degree to use, it is fun – more... playing with all the latest technology but I have to use the degree I worked so hard for. – less
Fun/professional environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free food, fun employees, great managers
Cons: work is temporary
I learned about the new products Microsoft has come out with in 2012/2013.
I assisted customers daily with questions on products.
Answered phones.
Sold products with extended plans.
Great Company to work for
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 17, 2013
Always learning new things and the Company is excellent. The culture is good and are very motivational. I like the people I work with and the managers. I would recommend the Microsoft Store to anyone who loves technology and working with young people.
Great Company
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2013
One of the best company if not the best that I've ever worked for!
Productive Workplace with a great atmosphere
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Newark, DEDecember 5, 2012
a place where everyone can be one big family and work together and sell.

About Microsoft Store

Our Passion Unites Us! What do Microsoft employees have in common? The answer is passion – passion for life, for creating – Read more