Microserve

Microserve Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most fun I've ever had at work.
Technical Services Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, car rentals, hotels
Long story short, at first Microserve seemed shady. .

I worked for them for two years and I would love to go back. The job I was doing was very elementary for what my skills and experience are. However, I had a ton of fun working there for the time I did.

The Victoria Branch is by far the most fun and that is an very important part of what I seek in an employer and for what it seems like they thrive to find in their employees as well.

There wasn't really a hardest part of my job other than having to drive everywhere.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom. How much they listened to me and my ideas.

I would love to go back to Microserve one day.

Don't let the small salary scare you away. if money is all you want out of life they YOU suck not the employer. They have more perks than they advertise.

The pay was great for the amount of work that I actually did.
Excellent employer
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great Management team
Microserve was a very supportive and flexible employer. Always helpful and very friendly.
Would work with them again in the future.
Fun place
HelpDesk Support Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
I am a sub contractor so Microserve is not my main employer. I work for Human Services ministry within the Government of Alberta. I enjoy working here. Good environment and good people to work with.
Fun starter career in the IT industry, try to move on quickly.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: usually good co-workers / management
Cons: extensive travel, contract-based work
It's a pretty good company, but a lot of the work is contract based, so job security is next-to-nothing, and there's very little room for advancing in the company. You'd be better off getting some experience and trying to move on to bigger and better things. Some contracts also require a lot of travel, and you pretty much have to drop whatever else is going on in your life.
Casual
JUNIOR ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 17, 2015
I am so regret to switch to Microserve. The company is not honest when they hire people. Don't take a risk to switch to it if you are already having a permanent full time job . They just need you in a short time in purpose and they will let you go after 3 months. you will be shocked and depressed. Accounting department is so messy. Employees are rarely be on time at work . Often 15' to 30' late.
PC deployment at various hospital sites
Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: management
Work starts at 8am every day. Working with your team really helps get you through the day. Deploying computers at various hospital sites around the GVRD.
Productive and fun workplace.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great experience
Imaging systems, deploying system, transferring profiles. Network transfers.
A Family run business, with a family oriented environment.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 1, 2014
Its a good place to work and gain experience for someone that is new to the industry.
Receptionist / Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 16, 2013
Really enjoyed my time at Microserve. The owner is very generous and takes care of his employees. They have great benefits and lots of fun times at their annual golf tourney.
My time in Microserve was an excellent experience through meeting new challenges and working with some great co workers. T
Team Lead, Hardware/Software Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, travel expenses
Cons: 40 hour weeks
A general day would consist of Picking up Hardware equipment, meeting staff with schedule of the days work ie computer installations/troubleshooting, site details with locations/contacts and any additional tasks.

On arriving on site i am responsible for meeting with site contact and briefing them on the job in hand and creating a work plan which can work well with the current staff. My team will then deployment new computers, adding software, connecting any peripheral devices and making sure client is happy when the job is complete. Most days we will have special requests to add Printers, extra Monitors, network config and training for the user.

I was hired ad hardware technician and was promoted to a Team Lead withing 5 months. I enjoyed working with some great all rounded working colleagues and learned alot in my experience.
An ok place to work
IT Resource Placement Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 30, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: meh
A typical day at Microserve is ok. There are many people that work there and they are great
Fun Job, Good People, Poor Pay, No future
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 9, 2012
Nice Place to stop in between jobs, Nice People and relaxed(perhaps too relaxed) atmosphere make this a low stress place to come hang out and get paid. it's to your benefit to be a smoker as most of the staff waste 35% of the day away smoking outside.
Great team
IT Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 17, 2012
This company has a great team, there are many things about this job that can be done better and if you are able to think outside the box, that will help. The hours are long, but there is always something to learn
great atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 27, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: cold office
It was a great place to work with great people and a very great environment. Typical day included sorting the mail that came in,answering a multi line switch board and patching thru to proper people, sorting the invoices and filing them accordingly. I would do a walk thru the office and order any necessary office and lunch room supplies. I learned how to file and categorize invoices, data entry how to handle mail couriers. My co-workers were all really friendly and offered advice and helpful tips all the time. My favorite part of my job was ordering supplies from staples and organizing the office space.
Great balance of work and play
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 18, 2012
Pros: unbelievable yearly golf turnament
Cons: job security could be better
Great company to work for, a real family atmosphere. And fun, lots of fun.

About Microserve

Microserve is a proven industry leader in the delivery of technology solutions to organizations across Western Canada. For over – Read more