Microserve Employee Review

Excellent learning experience, professional and quick paced office environment.
computer technician / team lead (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 September 2012
A typical day at Microserve started at 8:30 in the morning at various government offices throughout the Province of British Columbia. I was responsible for meeting with the officer manager to discuss the schedule for the hardware installations of the day. Special requests were also discussed and complied with during the process. After this meeting I would sign-in with headquarters to let them know we would be starting the installation process. Once this was done the computer technicians would begin to install the computer hardware for the government office employee's. The hardware would typically take a full day depending on how large the job was. At the end of the day I was responsible for recording, destroying confidential information (contained on the harddrives) and shipping out government computers with their destroyed harddrives. Since this position required being able to travel I was also responsible to coordinating travel logistics for my team throughout the province. This included financing, rental cars and hotels.

My co-workers were a joy to work with. I enjoyed the team work involved with traveling, completing a work task and then returning home or continuing on to the next town to complete more assigned tasks. Management was great because we were in constant communication. Infact I learned how important communication with management is through working with Microserve. For example if there was an issue of any kind I was encouraged to call management to discuss my decision of what would be done to remedy the issue.

There were of course some challenges traveling with
  more... a group for an extended period of time. Sometimes people would get homesick and this would, at times, lead to some resigning. It was a challenge to find replacements from Victoria while out in a small town in the middle of British Columbia. Although with this being said I really did enjoy the various challenges that came up along the way.

Working at Microserve was fantastic. I learned a lot that I have brought with me in various other life scenarios both in and out of the worksite.
Pros
great co-workers, many learning experiences, challenging.
Cons
extended time away from home. sometimes months at a time.

Other Microserve Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region8 November 2017
This company is very good in dealing with employees. The process specially in techology is awesome. Team building is fun and full of activities. I learned hows the teamwork is workin in a group.
rebuilding their purpose
Enterprise Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 October 2017
this company is competing for IT hardware software sales against huge businesses and losing with nearly no margin. push towards services but running like a home business and shy to spend and commit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microserve. Our community is ready to answer.