Microserve Employee Reviews in Canada

Most fun I've ever had at work.
Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 1, 2015
Long story short, at first Microserve seemed shady. .

I worked for them for two years and I would love to go back. The job I was doing was very elementary for what my skills and experience are. However, I had a ton of fun working there for the time I did.

The Victoria Branch is by far the most fun and that is an very important part of what I seek in an employer and for what it seems like they thrive to find in their employees as well.

There wasn't really a hardest part of my job other than having to drive everywhere.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom. How much they listened to me and my ideas.

I would love to go back to Microserve one day.

Don't let the small salary scare you away. if money is all you want out of life they YOU suck not the employer. They have more perks than they advertise.

The pay was great for the amount of work that I actually did.
Pros
Free lunches, car rentals, hotels
very funny and friendly atmospher
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 26, 2016
We Updated windows 7 BIOS and configured its setup to deploy safegaurd disk encryption

meanwhile I learned some new tricks
Fun starter career in the IT industry, try to move on quickly.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 2, 2015
It's a pretty good company, but a lot of the work is contract based, so job security is next-to-nothing, and there's very little room for advancing in the company. You'd be better off getting some experience and trying to move on to bigger and better things. Some contracts also require a lot of travel, and you pretty much have to drop whatever else is going on in your life.
Pros
usually good co-workers / management
Cons
extensive travel, contract-based work
Receptionist / Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 16, 2013
Really enjoyed my time at Microserve. The owner is very generous and takes care of his employees. They have great benefits and lots of fun times at their annual golf tourney.
Excellent employer
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 1, 2015
Microserve was a very supportive and flexible employer. Always helpful and very friendly.
Would work with them again in the future.
Pros
Great Management team
Casual
JUNIOR ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 17, 2015
I am so regret to switch to Microserve. The company is not honest when they hire people. Don't take a risk to switch to it if you are already having a permanent full time job . They just need you in a short time in purpose and they will let you go after 3 months. you will be shocked and depressed. Accounting department is so messy. Employees are rarely be on time at work . Often 15' to 30' late.
great atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 27, 2012
It was a great place to work with great people and a very great environment. Typical day included sorting the mail that came in,answering a multi line switch board and patching thru to proper people, sorting the invoices and filing them accordingly. I would do a walk thru the office and order any necessary office and lunch room supplies. I learned how to file and categorize invoices, data entry how to handle mail couriers. My co-workers were all really friendly and offered advice and helpful tips all the time. My favorite part of my job was ordering supplies from staples and organizing the office space.
Pros
great hours
Cons
cold office
My time in Microserve was an excellent experience through meeting new challenges and working with some great co workers. T
Team Lead, Hardware/Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaJanuary 9, 2013
A general day would consist of Picking up Hardware equipment, meeting staff with schedule of the days work ie computer installations/troubleshooting, site details with locations/contacts and any additional tasks.

On arriving on site i am responsible for meeting with site contact and briefing them on the job in hand and creating a work plan which can work well with the current staff. My team will then deployment new computers, adding software, connecting any peripheral devices and making sure client is happy when the job is complete. Most days we will have special requests to add Printers, extra Monitors, network config and training for the user.

I was hired ad hardware technician and was promoted to a Team Lead withing 5 months. I enjoyed working with some great all rounded working colleagues and learned alot in my experience.
Pros
company vehicle, travel expenses
Cons
40 hour weeks
PC deployment at various hospital sites
Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 21, 2014
Work starts at 8am every day. Working with your team really helps get you through the day. Deploying computers at various hospital sites around the GVRD.
Pros
team
Cons
management
Fun place
HelpDesk Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
I am a sub contractor so Microserve is not my main employer. I work for Human Services ministry within the Government of Alberta. I enjoy working here. Good environment and good people to work with.
Great balance of work and play
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 18, 2012
Great company to work for, a real family atmosphere. And fun, lots of fun.
Pros
unbelievable yearly golf turnament
Cons
job security could be better
Great team
IT Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 17, 2012
This company has a great team, there are many things about this job that can be done better and if you are able to think outside the box, that will help. The hours are long, but there is always something to learn
A Family run business, with a family oriented environment.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 1, 2014
Its a good place to work and gain experience for someone that is new to the industry.
Productive and fun workplace.
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2014
Imaging systems, deploying system, transferring profiles. Network transfers.
Pros
great experience
An ok place to work
IT Resource Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 30, 2012
A typical day at Microserve is ok. There are many people that work there and they are great
Pros
people
Cons
meh
Excellent learning experience, professional and quick paced office environment.
computer technician / team lead (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at Microserve started at 8:30 in the morning at various government offices throughout the Province of British Columbia. I was responsible for meeting with the officer manager to discuss the schedule for the hardware installations of the day. Special requests were also discussed and complied with during the process. After this meeting I would sign-in with headquarters to let them know we would be starting the installation process. Once this was done the computer technicians would begin to install the computer hardware for the government office employee's. The hardware would typically take a full day depending on how large the job was. At the end of the day I was responsible for recording, destroying confidential information (contained on the harddrives) and shipping out government computers with their destroyed harddrives. Since this position required being able to travel I was also responsible to coordinating travel logistics for my team throughout the province. This included financing, rental cars and hotels.

My co-workers were a joy to work with. I enjoyed the team work involved with traveling, completing a work task and then returning home or continuing on to the next town to complete more assigned tasks. Management was great because we were in constant communication. Infact I learned how important communication with management is through working with Microserve. For example if there was an issue of any kind I was encouraged to call management to discuss my decision of what would be done to remedy the issue.

There were of course some challenges traveling with
  more... a group for an extended period of time. Sometimes people would get homesick and this would, at times, lead to some resigning. It was a challenge to find replacements from Victoria while out in a small town in the middle of British Columbia. Although with this being said I really did enjoy the various challenges that came up along the way.

Working at Microserve was fantastic. I learned a lot that I have brought with me in various other life scenarios both in and out of the worksite.
Pros
great co-workers, many learning experiences, challenging.
Cons
extended time away from home. sometimes months at a time.