Microserve is looking for a Warehouse Coordinator / Computer Technician to join our team in Edmonton, AB. In this role you will work primarily at Microserve’s office location and primary duties will include shipping/receiving, warehouse inventory management, configuration of new computers for clients, and computer hardware repairs. You may be required to go to Microserve client sites to participate in computer deployment projects and to perform break/fix work. The ideal candidate has experience both working in a warehouse, and with computer repair. However, we will consider applicants with limited technical skills provided that you have some IT related education and experience and a demonstrated interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Maintain primary responsibility for all warehouse functions, including shipping/receiving and inventory management
- Assist in the loading and unloading of delivery trucks
- Verify that all deliveries are correct prior to accepting any shipments
- Pack and prepare documents for export/shipping and tracks shipments to ensure they arrive in a timely and cost effective manner
- Asset tracking and inventory management
- Configure computers prior to delivery to Microserve clients including: install standard image, install additional software and hardware components, and asset tag
- Track and update asset information
- Perform hardware decommissioning and disposal activities in alignment with Microserve security standards and processes
- Perform depot hardware repairs for computers and laptops
- Perform onsite services as required, including computer deployments and break/fix activity
- Previous experience in a warehouse setting performing shipping and receiving functions is required
- 1 year experience in an enterprise/business IT environment
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment is strongly preferred
- Experience in PC assembly or repair is strongly preferred
- Relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) considered an asset
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes (up to 50 lbs.) and move boxes for extended periods
- Own vehicle is strongly preferred
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 20 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
With over 25 years of experience, Microserve is a clear market leader in the delivery of a wide range of IT solutions and services to...