Microserve is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our team in Burnaby, BC. In this role, you will work closely with external clients and members of the Microserve team in identifying, recommending, planning, and implementing IT infrastructure solutions. The successful candidate will need to have a broad technical background and be fully experienced in providing consulting services related to the design and delivery of technical solutions for Microserve's customers.
- Work closely with the Account Executive's to identify, propose and implement best-fit technical solutions to support client needs
- Engage clients directly and confidently to understand their specific environments and business requirements, providing clear guidance as a trusted advisor to their IT departments
- Participate in writing comprehensive proposals and Statements of Work detailing the delivery of solutions and services
- Design, deploy and maintain IT infrastructure solutions leveraging a variety of technologies; Infrastructure projects will vary in size, scope, and complexity
- Provide support, guidance and mentorship to other members of the Services Teams, including providing support for escalated client issues and assisting with training
- Provide support for escalated operational support issues which includes performing hardware and software troubleshooting for equipment such as desktops, printers, servers, network equipment, phone systems, videoconferencing equipment, related applications, and other technologies
- Perform scheduled, proactive maintenance for support equipment including desktop, server and network equipment (including scheduled after-hours maintenance)
- Participate in after-hours on call (24/7) pager rotation
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing IT consulting and project-based IT services
- Must have related post-secondary education
- Demonstrated experience performing technical pre-sales consulting and creating statements of work and/or proposals for a technical service provider
- Strong working knowledge in servers, storage, networking, desktop management, and virtualization technologies
- Experience and competency in Microsoft server operating systems and related systems such as Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, Terminal Server, and SQL Server would be an asset
- Up-to-date expertise and certifications related to specific software/hardware manufacturers would be valuable. Some relevant examples include: Microsoft (MCSE and/or MCITP), VMware (VCP/VCAP-DCD/VCAP-DCA/VCDX/VCP-DT), x86 servers (Dell, HP and/or IBM), SAN/NAS Storage (experience with HP, EMC, and/or IBM preferred), Citrix (CCA/CCEE/CCIA)
- Exceptional customer service, and professional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Extensive experience managing or being a member of successful project teams
- Experience working in Enterprise-scale IT environments strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management best practices; ITIL certification would be considered an asset
Anyone interested, pls. apply on line through Microserve career page below. Thanks.
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 20 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
Indeed - 14 months ago