Microsemi Employee Reviews

I worked at the Foldom Ca plant for just over a year as an RF Test technician.
RF Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CA26 January 2017
Low wages and a complete misrepresentation of what my job responsibilities would entail. I worked out of town 100 + miles for 10 weeks, because I was in training. Then as a single parent who had an agreement to work day shift , was transferred to night shift. On thier behalf,they did reemburse me for rental car fees, and child care cost. I was laid off as a result of having to attend to my 10 year old son on several occations. This is why I accepted the offer of employment though. To work dayshifit.
I really liked my co-workers. Managment support was lacking. Overall they had nice working enviroments, and very good security. And they are very friendly when laying one off. Thank God L3 was next door.
Pros
Good peers
Cons
Poor management.
Good company
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ennis County Clare16 November 2016
Great company to work for,
management team great
Great opportunities to move roles
Training is good

Work in the aerospace and Military sectors.
Only difficulty about jobs was their was fixed holidays and no flexi time
Pros
Great staff, Managment
Cons
Behind a lot of companys in SPC
Clean place to work
Engineering Technician - Aerospace (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CA10 December 2016
1) Typical day at work

2) I learned More ABOUT Troubleshooting in Switching Power Supply : 6000w FOR Boing.

3) Good Co-workers

4) Precision JOB

5) SEE HOW WORK!!!
Pros
start Early
Ok place to work. Pay is awful
Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldicot1 August 2016
Working in a technical role, one would expect half decent salary. However that is not the case. Operators earn just above minimal wage and technicians on a wee bit more than that. But products we make go for ££££ each and company earning more every year. Better of working in lidl for £9 an hour
Tester (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MA1 November 2016
Worked with employees in a teamwork environment on a day to day basis. Although the work was the same throughout, the days were enjoyable.
Great job security, until laid off.
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MA3 June 2016
A privilege to work with and build long term relationships some of the smartest people on the planet.

I loved the work that I did and the recognition I enjoyed.

Management changed many times. Finally did me in.
Pros
Free Starbucks grind to brew coffee!
Cons
Dreadful vending machines.
Beautiful office loated in Aliso Viejo
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA15 April 2016
Good company with good benefits and benefit options. Work life balance is up to you (you need to set boundaries). Employees are nice, long term, and hard working. Managers are fair, bad ones never last. Systems are up to date and the company is always making changes for the better. Always expanding.
Pros
Growth opportunity if you are motivated
Cons
Behind on 401(k) match, but at least they have a match
Decent Company
Customer Suppport (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA30 June 2016
My experience here is is pretty good management is very nice the only bad thing here is there are no raises and severely understaffed my co workers are a great team
Friendly and busy department, left to your own initive but had to keep pace with colleagues, Data Entry can be very repeaditive and tiring.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare17 February 2016
Data Entry: Tedious and needs a lot of attention to detail.
Scanning: Scan all documents to computer.
Reception Relief: Mornings Break Relief, our dept took it in weekly rotation.
Not much contact with management.
co-workers friendly and helpful.
hardest part of job: concentration of repedative work
enjoyable part of job: my work colleagues very friendly.
Employee of MICROSEMI due to an acquisition of pmc
Staff Product Design (Current Employee) –  bangalore4 February 2016
MICROSEMI (was PMC-SIERRA) is a very good company for some one to learn and grow. Very good work culture. PMC-SIERRA is one of the leading ASIC provider for storage controllers and OTN. This gives an opportunity to work on some latest standards and complex designs.

Their compensation is also god. They give shares.
Be very Careful
NA (Former Employee) –  California24 August 2015
If you are not part of the "click" and like to be on the outside and never feel totally welcome, then this may be the right place for you.

Just remember, that you this company can be very hostel and talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Perception is that top management uses company funds as their own piggy bank and decisions are made for political reasons.

I would not want to work there.
• Results-driven, skilled Production Manager focused on achieving success and increased productivity through improvements in operations, quality, safe
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA16 April 2015
Qualified Production Manager with 10 years of manufacturing management experience, including cross-training and scheduling employees, ordering parts, record keeping and meeting all production deadlines
Pros
Bonus every year
Cons
Good benefits
Good Folks, Slightly Disorganised
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA26 December 2012
The corporate culture was friendly and considerate, but their management was a little confused with instances of overlapping jurisdiction and consequent duplication of effort. Still, there was plenty of room for innovation and individual initiative.

Overall, a nice company to work for, one which treats employees and contractors alike with respect.
Pros
flexible hours; results more imporant than methods
Cons
confused, inconsistent managment
Typical Big Business
Payroll Clerk/Finance Support (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MA10 January 2014
7 years ago when I first started there it was a great company to work for big business with the small business feel. Supervisors and Managers were open and helpful. Then the market sunk things changed and it has gone down hill from there.

Many many many people lost their jobs due to product changing to outside countries. This may hurt me in my search but it became a cold place to work and even though being laid off has been the hardest thing ever I believe I am better off having been let go.

I am a person that is hard working and a real people person watching good people loss jobs they have been at for over 20 years was very difficult to see happening.
Pros
co-workers were amazing people
Cons
most work is now overseas it is becoming a cold company to work for.
Kept busy, communicated with Technicians and met new friends.
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ18 February 2013
A typical day at work was busy. Learned how to get along with different personalities and train co-workers. Communicated mostly with technicians and other assemblers. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new friends.
Pros
reward lunches, monetary rewards, catered dinners and great christmas parties.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MA31 December 2015
I worked with my team and everyday we looked for a job and completed it. If there was a hot job, we needed to do it first as a priority.
Self-respecting Engineers should look elsewhere
Engineer (Former Employee) –  USA11 June 2014
"We made $26M on this project. But our investors will be happy if we make $28M. So, we are letting go of 15 Engineers. None of this has to do with your performance. We take good care of our investors, you see".
Pros
A few tireless Engineers
Cons
Management, Attitude towards employees, Benefits
Productive place to work with great team members
Corporate Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 December 2014
Heavy workload and a quick paced environment. Lots of critical items with tight deadlines, but that's also the fun part.
The overall environment is relaxed, and most people in the organization are very helpful and friendly.
Not a Healthy work environment, poor management from the top down.
Technician 5 (Former Employee) –  Folsom, Ca20 November 2013
A work day consisted of being told what to do, how to do it, and when it was needed done by managers who had no idea of the time and materials or technical barriers involved. Unrealistic expectations. When quotas weren't met, yelling would insue, lots of back stabbing and sometimes, SEVEAR verbal abuse.
Management never cared for any kind of work life balance forcing people to work over MAJOR holidays and canceling vactions at a moments notice for production concerns.
Never any pay raises or merit increases, deminishing health benefits, last minute demands for overtime irregardless of personal commitments under threat of being fired.
Management of the facility I worked in from the TOP on DOWN were awful. They couldn't get materials on time, couldn't nail down specs, couldn't design or find suppliers who got parts that worked to our needs.
Pros
Great co-Workers who cared for each other
Cons
Management Management Management
Good Conditions workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MA18 February 2014
I learned how to work as team, high quality and responsible.
My co-workers were very nice and gentle helper.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked with great supervisor and all co-worker.
Pros
Free meats in holiday and bing-go games
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsemi. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6