Microsemi

Microsemi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INAugust 11, 2014
Interesting company to work for, Microsemi has a habit of buying small companies and bringing them into the Microsemi family.
Self-respecting Engineers should look elsewhere
Engineer (Former Employee), USAJune 11, 2014
Pros: a few tireless engineers
Cons: management, attitude towards employees, benefits
"We made $26M on this project. But our investors will be happy if we make $28M. So, we are letting go of 15 Engineers. None of this has to do with your performance. We take good care of our investors, you see".
Engineer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
Enjoy the job, but don't count on corporate loyalty in exchange for your hard work.
Good Conditions workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free meats in holiday and bing-go games
I learned how to work as team, high quality and responsible.
My co-workers were very nice and gentle helper.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked with great supervisor and all co-worker.
Typical Big Business
Payroll Clerk/Finance Support (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers were amazing people
Cons: most work is now overseas it is becoming a cold company to work for.
7 years ago when I first started there it was a great company to work for big business with the small business feel. Supervisors and Managers were open and helpful. Then the market sunk things changed and it has gone down hill from there.

Many many many people lost their jobs due to product changing to outside countries. This may hurt me in my search – more... but it became a cold place to work and even though being laid off has been the hardest thing ever I believe I am better off having been let go.

I am a person that is hard working and a real people person watching good people loss jobs they have been at for over 20 years was very difficult to see happening. – less
Not a Healthy work environment, poor management from the top down.
Technician 5 (Former Employee), Folsom, CaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers who cared for each other
Cons: management management management
A work day consisted of being told what to do, how to do it, and when it was needed done by managers who had no idea of the time and materials or technical barriers involved. Unrealistic expectations. When quotas weren't met, yelling would insue, lots of back stabbing and sometimes, SEVEAR verbal abuse.
Management never cared for any kind of work life – more... balance forcing people to work over MAJOR holidays and canceling vactions at a moments notice for production concerns.
Never any pay raises or merit increases, deminishing health benefits, last minute demands for overtime irregardless of personal commitments under threat of being fired.
Management of the facility I worked in from the TOP on DOWN were awful. They couldn't get materials on time, couldn't nail down specs, couldn't design or find suppliers who got parts that worked to our needs. – less
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2013
Pros: compensation and flexibility
Cons: higher management
Typical engineering job that challenges you on a day to day basis. Employees are amazing.
Exciting, Innovative, Cutting Edge
Programming Intern (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 17, 2013
A great opportunity to thrive and grow in a career if you are very hard working, self-motivated, and able to organize and manage your time well. Great culture and great co-workers.
fun work environment.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short lunch
i loved the job. easy to work there. The boss was a fair person.
good place to work with
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: holiday partys and bonuses
challenging on a daily basis.
people work as a team, and I learned a lot things.
Kept busy, communicated with Technicians and met new friends.
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: reward lunches, monetary rewards, catered dinners and great christmas parties.
A typical day at work was busy. Learned how to get along with different personalities and train co-workers. Communicated mostly with technicians and other assemblers. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new friends.
Good Folks, Slightly Disorganised
Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 26, 2012
Pros: flexible hours; results more imporant than methods
Cons: confused, inconsistent managment
The corporate culture was friendly and considerate, but their management was a little confused with instances of overlapping jurisdiction and consequent duplication of effort. Still, there was plenty of room for innovation and individual initiative.

Overall, a nice company to work for, one which treats employees and contractors alike with respect.
Really great.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2012
Pros: hours and teamwork
Cons: safety for employes
It was really good and everyone was friendly. the pay wasn't that great. And safety for employes was terrible
okay place to work needs new management
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: some incentives
Cons: health care
It used to be a good place to work. Got new management and everything changed.

About Microsemi

Microsemi is on a power trip. The company makes power management semiconductors that regulate and condition electricity to make – Read more