Micros

Micros Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
Account manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPDecember 2, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: difficult clients at times
A typical day at work consisted of cold calling , prospecting and forecasting , liaising with project management and clients , assisting clients when there go "live" on site , problem solving , quotes , contracts and proposals , planning

I learnt about solution selling in hardware and software in the hospitality industry , project management , problem – more... solving

Management were not there all the time , we had to work independently but were they were there to assist when we needed them

Co- workers were great people , made some good friends

Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult restaurant owners and technical issues and travel was extensive

Most enjoyable part of job was the flexibility to use my own initiative and learning about technology – less
Best technology company to work for
Sr. Application Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 8, 2013
Pros: technology, training, people
Cons: turn over
Growth opportunities, education opportunities, and amazing mgmt. team
Busy Environment
Electronics Technician I (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 1, 2013
Pros: good experience, you could learn new stuff daily
Cons: management, buses did not go there, coworkers made things hard
Liked to work on the different POS units. I learned a lot about the basic of what a Electronics Tech should know how to do. The hardest part of the job was the way the bus would get you to the location. If you got a new driver they may not even go your way and you would have to walk about a mile to work.
Good company
E-Business Implementation Product Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 28, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: compensation
Compensation is not competitive with the industry. Good company to work for if fresh out of college, but not for mid level professionals
High turnover due to micro managing
HR Recruiter (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 4, 2013
Pros: location
Good people, poor ethics from highest leadership, high turnover due to micro managing and favorites
Great place to gain experience
Technology Product Consultant (Current Employee), Columbia, MDApril 10, 2013
Pros: opportunities to travel
Cons: poor management, limited training
MICROS is a place where a person with great drive and independence can succeed. Because there is not a lot of formal training, in order to learn products, employees must be extremely motivated. For someone fresh out of college, it is a great place to gain technical experience, knowledge about modern technology, travel the country, and meet peers.
The – more... hardest part of the job is a lack of communication between departments, which results in frustration and miscommunication to the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a chance to travel the country on different projects, meet and work with fellow graduates, interact closely with customers, and gain technical and presentation skills. – less
Typical day at work
IT Technical Support (Former Employee), Columbia, MDApril 1, 2013
Pros: great pay, great customer service, great health care benefits
Cons: micro management terrible, no discounts, and hard to advance
Log into your station before your time is in. Sit at your desk, in your cubicle by yourself or with a co worker. Remote into workstations or servers and fix they interfaces or installed opera or and can do a print task assignment. Then you clock out and leave make sure you log off from your phone connection.
Quality is number Zero
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Solon, OHMarch 14, 2013
Pros: none really
Cons: everything
The software that is churned out of this place is horrible. When something works, it's because of a "lucky" build, not because of actual process.

Management is non-existent. There are some great co-workers however. This is a great place to work if you just want something on your resume, nothing else.
Responsibilities
Network Engineer/Interface Technician (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: work remote from home most of the time
Cons: travel
 Responsible for the installation/setup of Raid and Windows 2003 for preparation of Opera PMS Application and Database servers.
 Install and configure Opera PMS, BackupExec for Database and Application backups, Norton Anti-Virus, and PCAnywhere.
 Build and configure HP Server Rack solution for PMS systems from ground up.
 Manage installation and – more... integration of Property Management System Network to all applicable interfaces throughout Hotel Properties. These interface include, but are not limited to, PBX (Telephone Management System), Call Accounting, Voice Mail, Point Of Sale, Movie/Internet/Music Entertainment Systems, Door Lock System, Building Management Systems and Mini Bar.
 Have installed well over 350 systems including extensive troubleshooting after initial implementation.
 Work extensively with site management, IT, Team Leads and a variety of vendors. Assist vendors to determine cabling issues, including Cat 5, 6, and Serial DB9 and DB25 pin out allocation for correct communications protocol.
 Load software and configure Oracle Database Files and other Windows 2000/2003 (Server) and Windows XP Workstation) to Properly Management Systems to Interface with Vendors Hardware.
 Configure of DHCP, DNS, and WINNS on initial installation of all new servers with Windows 2000 and 2003.
 Download and install any and all current patches for Windows server and Workstations as well as Oracle, BackupExec, and Norton Anti-Virus Corporate Edition. – less
Travel was fun
Network Implementation Lead (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 22, 2013
Good Place to work. Travel can sometimes be hectic...working from home is no doubt fun at this company.
Nothing more than a source of income
Senior Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Needham, MAJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: income if you have no other options
Cons: pretty much everything
The worst company by far that I've ever worked for. No respect for their employees, poor benefits, total failure to provide training or the tools necessary to do your job. Micromanagement that borders on babysitting. No flexibility with office hours, expected to be at your desk from 8:30 to 5 regardless of how many hours you have to put in at night – more... or on weekends. Worked for an implementation manager that had no technical aptitude and no previous experience managing people, apparently got the job through connections with a corporate VP. The entire office, and especially the implementation department was a revolving door. Talented employees quickly move on, weak employees hang around forever. Salary ranges are so low they attract only people looking to stop waiting tables. – less
Great product, great company...
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Southern Indiana and Louisville Ky.November 29, 2012
Pros: product is fantastic, compensation is adequate and benefits are great.
When I started at MICROS the management team was very strong and supportive. Many have been promoted out of our area with some positions not replaced. Many confusing situations have occurred with the team. Territories were split when sales goals were met or exceeded. We have had two new sales executives join the company and leave the company since January.
My – more... comfort level is very low which is leading me to explore other opportunities. – less
Great implementation experience and project management opportunity
IT Product Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 8, 2012
Pros: programming and implementation experience, customer-facing interactions, on-site meetings, working in co
Cons: fear culture, low pay
A typical day at work for me at Micros was managing and coordinating multiple projects and accounts simultaneously. Much of my day consisted of planning, scheduling, and reporting of current accounts and client installations that were approaching deadlines or currently being performed.

The environment was fast-paced complete with aggressive deadlines – more... and could be somewhat chaotic.

Problem-solving skills and a collaborative attitude was a must!

The hardest part of the job was the company culture of fear-based management and low compensation despite superior performance and consistently hitting targeted company objectives.

Thus, I focused on my work and my customers.

I found a way to achieve enjoyment through my work responsibilities. I hammered out my assignments and installation campaigns, happily supervised and monitored my projects and accounts and took great pleasure in building my business relationships while providing excellent customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the project management aspect of my responsibilities and being able to successfully manage and coordinate accounts and client installations ensuring collaborative work with various teams, departments, and my customers. – less
Excellent place to work
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 17, 2012
micros is a great place to work.
Challenged every day
Management is on the ball
They have inovative ideas
Motivational
Information Technology Specialist
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasAugust 4, 2012
Pros: large company
global leader on technology solutions for the restaurant and hospitality industries

Assisted MICROS System Engineers, Software Developers on client projects and coordinated software development specifications for MICROS Sales and Project Management Departments in North America and UK.
Good company limited advancement opportunity
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 3, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: limited room for advancement
Limited room for advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the callers i.e. General Managers, Front office staff, owners and assisting them with various Micros products to make the hotel more efficient.

I learned that although we have limited job advancement helping customers and having customers appreciate what you do is more – more... satisfying than anything – less
MICROS
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 1, 2012
Solid company leading the industry in point of sale design. Large company with great customers.
Great starting ground
Project Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 17, 2012
Nice company to work for and get started with your career.

Number one company to work for in IT hospitality field
Highly succesfull at this job. The best job I ever had.
Caibbean Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 24, 2012
Pros: traveling and a lot of network activitie.
Cons: very stressful, quota to meet
Highly successful at retaining and expanding client base in these regions, developing lasting relationships with high-end clients and maximizing regional revenue by successfully achieving and surpassing sales quota. Interface with System Engineers & Directors in developing specific account strategies. Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, – more... potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion. Currently the only sales executive trained and authorized to sell the industry leading OPERA property management system in this region. – less
great workplace with frendly assistence
Mechanical Assember (Former Employee), Mechanical AssemblyJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: have bbc every tow mounth
Cons: healthcare
i was performing first part of project for the assembly line by gluing ,cleaning ,leabling and scrwing