Micros

Micros Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company, nice job
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), TXSeptember 28, 2014
Everyday at my job is amazing because you need to open your email and get a lead of what your day was going to be, the management was great and my co-worker were amazing people
Productive Workplace
Sr. Hyperion Developer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Project Summary: implement Financial Planning System using Hyperion Planning, Workforce Planning, Hyperion ESSBASE, Financial Reports, Web Analysis and Workspace. The business goal was to streamline the budgeting process, shorten the planning cycle and the ability to easily immediately reforecast based on changing business conditions.
A fantastic company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good company, wonderful product with good service from each district office
Cons: very technical product, salespeople do well if they have restaruant management or ownership experience
MICROS is a wonderful company with wonderful people! The benefits are good, the management is very supportive, and there is alot of flexibility in setting up your day.
my place of work
Helpdesk Support Analyst / 1st Line Support (Current Employee), westhoughton boltonAugust 3, 2014
Cons: long hours, no progression, poor management, unappreciated and very poorly paid.
dealing with customers inquiries over the phone and email, and giving support within SLAS.

dealing with hardware and software issues and defining what fixes or exulation processes need to be made.

i have learnt alot within this job role i have not been a technical person and was not before this job, but now i feel i am good at my job as i am willing – more... to learn new things.

i have a good relationship with my co-workers and can work well within a team.

the hardest part of my job is the limit staff we have at the moment which is causing more stress and more pressure on us as a team.

the best part of my day is seeing all my work friends and getting to spent time with them.

the management is very poor within this work place and it isnt a great place to work and the pay is very poor as well. – less
Great place to work after Graduation
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: travling all around the country
Cons: on the road 28 days out of the month
There was no typical day at work, working for Micros I traveled all around the country working for major clients, setting up Point of Sale systems, setting up networks, hardware such as printers, credit card terminals, and much more. I learned how to deal with clients face to face and deal with problems as the occurred on the spot. Management was ok – more... but not very active and did not respond fast to request when you were on the road. My co-workers were great they were always there to help when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was you were always in a different city so nothing was ever the same. You also did not have control over everything as there was sub contractors that would come in to do such things as installing the cabling which was not always set up correctly so it caused many problems. The best part of the job was the traveling and interacting with many people. – less
productive workplace
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 30, 2014
fun place to work, great environment, provided technical support for micros clients.
Resume Builder
Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 10, 2014
A good first job out of college. Lots of travel involved with no overtime. Upper management promises advancement but it rarely results in what you are looking for.
Eh
Outside sales representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: you can be an under achiever here and get by
Horrible processes. No organized CRM. Not a green company. Lots of wasted paper.
n.a
MSA Administrator (Current Employee), Needham, MAApril 20, 2014
Fast paced learning environment. Helpful corporate staff. Customer service opportunities
Place to gain experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Solon, OHMarch 16, 2014
Opportunities to work on various projects and with many customers.
some great employees, mediocre management
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Cons: bad raises--if any
lots of customer interaction. technical troubleshooting.
Learned to work on proprietary software.
Learned better work ethic but also not to question management decisions.
Management tended to never resolve issues with the behavior of some employees, especially in the area of rudeness and sexual harassment.
Hardest part was executing bad management choices. – more... Dealing with a DO- DON'T THINK attitude.
The best part was fixing customer's problems and being appreciated – less
An Oracle DBA with over 15 years of experience providing technical support in all phases of SLDC managing RDBMS projects with a diverse and dynamic ca
Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 27, 2014
• Migrated databases for the ORA-J and CVM-A applications using DataPump from Sun Solaris.
• Performed migrations of Oracle 10gR2 databases from LDOMs to Oracle 11gR2 on SPARC T3 Oracle machines or Exadata x2-2 Oracle machines located in the FDA data center.
• Used customized templates to create the target databases based on the Oracle components installed – more... in the source databases.
• Performed migrations as per FDA standards, regulations, security, policies and procedures.
• Used Citrix for connections to Exadata machines located in the data center.
• Worked with the Migration Team, their Team Leads and SAs.
• Coordinated the migrations with the Application Team and the Applications DBAs.
• Migrated databases from Sun Solaris using RMAN for large databases.
• Databse migrations were from Oracle 10g RAC to Oracle 11g RAC.
• Performed validation reports comparing the source and target databases. – less
Excellent Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: skip lunch
Assist stores and office calling in with technical issue’s regarding store equipment cash registers, printers, fax machines, etc.
Troubleshoot issue’s accordingly and get store back up to running status.
MICROS
SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: independent work, local and national travel. was not limited to desk job.
Cons: hospitality industry hours made for long days, late nights and weekends "working".
My employment with MICROS began in the early 1980's when computers were new to everyone. I had the opportunity to learn about computers as they applied to my work with MICROS. They trained me in all aspects of my position. I became technically proficient and confident with my position as a programmer/installer working with Restaurant and Hotel clients. – more... I gathered information from the customer to customize their Point of Sale system then designed their system accordingly. I trained the entire staff and management team and provided system support after the system installation. – less
Nice team
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2013
Good place to work. Great deal of travel but sales are high pressure and a lot of cold calling. Travel in bad weather encouraged. Good benefits though
Very independant job
Lead Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 19, 2013
I flew all over America and Canada installing computer networks and property management software in hotels and resorts.
Very good employer who care about his employees.
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent place to work.
Cons: contract basis.
I wish the job is permanent and not contract basis. I learned a lot from my supervisors whose doors are always open.
Revolving Door
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 3, 2013
Management was terrible. Training was terrible. Over all just a bad experience. Everyone in the customer support role was miserable and actively looking to get out. Run while you can.
Nice place to work
Account manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPDecember 2, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: difficult clients at times
A typical day at work consisted of cold calling , prospecting and forecasting , liaising with project management and clients , assisting clients when there go "live" on site , problem solving , quotes , contracts and proposals , planning

I learnt about solution selling in hardware and software in the hospitality industry , project management , problem – more... solving

Management were not there all the time , we had to work independently but were they were there to assist when we needed them

Co- workers were great people , made some good friends

Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult restaurant owners and technical issues and travel was extensive

Most enjoyable part of job was the flexibility to use my own initiative and learning about technology – less
Best technology company to work for
Sr. Application Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 8, 2013
Pros: technology, training, people
Cons: turn over
Growth opportunities, education opportunities, and amazing mgmt. team