Micros

Micros Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
extremly busy and lots to learn environment
support technician (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 16, 2014
Pros: always connected to the world of technology
Cons: extrem stress
I always deal with stressed out clients who need resolutions immediately.one learns a lot every minute.one of the key ingredients is our versatile management and out of this world colleagues, but having to cool down aggravated clients is the hardest part.at the end of the problem solving then that's the cherry on the cake.
Middle of the pack what can i say.
Major Accounts (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 8, 2014
There are alot of companies that are worse and there are a lot that are better. Nothing special.
Very nice people to work with
NOC Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 19, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: lack of advancement
worked nightshift...follow the schedule and do your job. monitoring all servers, creating priority tickets, doing maintenance/upgrades and adding new employees to active directory are just a few of the duties I performed. Updating SOP's as needed. Waking up on-call team members for problem solution was always fun. Members on my team were great to work – more... with. It takes a select group of people to work 3rd shift. We are a different breed. In the end, a family is created. That made working much more enjoyable. – less
Fast Pace
Account Executive (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits. good training. some autonomy
Cons: steep learning curve. co-workers don't help much. micros systems are very expensive
Fast paced environment. Steep learning curve. They have a good learning program. It's outline for your first 12 months at MICROS. Management tries to show they are caring but most employees perceive this as a front.

Co-workers keep to themselves and they don't help trainees advance. Even if it's a training requirement and they went through the same – more... training when they were new.

MICROS Point of Sale systems are very expensive and not all your restaurants can afford it. That limits your sales opportunity. – less
Happy Productive Place to Work
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Bolton, ENGOctober 7, 2014
Pros: friendly helpful colleagues
Cons: can be some uncertainty
Micros has been a very rewarding place to work and provide a good balance to work and home life
The Job is very different from day to day but as a QA Analyst i have been able to advance my skills by performing Regression, End to End and functional testing on various client sites
great company, nice job
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), TXSeptember 28, 2014
Everyday at my job is amazing because you need to open your email and get a lead of what your day was going to be, the management was great and my co-worker were amazing people
Productive Workplace
Sr. Hyperion Developer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Project Summary: implement Financial Planning System using Hyperion Planning, Workforce Planning, Hyperion ESSBASE, Financial Reports, Web Analysis and Workspace. The business goal was to streamline the budgeting process, shorten the planning cycle and the ability to easily immediately reforecast based on changing business conditions.
A fantastic company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good company, wonderful product with good service from each district office
Cons: very technical product, salespeople do well if they have restaruant management or ownership experience
MICROS is a wonderful company with wonderful people! The benefits are good, the management is very supportive, and there is alot of flexibility in setting up your day.
my place of work
Helpdesk Support Analyst / 1st Line Support (Current Employee), westhoughton boltonAugust 3, 2014
Cons: long hours, no progression, poor management, unappreciated and very poorly paid.
dealing with customers inquiries over the phone and email, and giving support within SLAS.

dealing with hardware and software issues and defining what fixes or exulation processes need to be made.

i have learnt alot within this job role i have not been a technical person and was not before this job, but now i feel i am good at my job as i am willing – more... to learn new things.

i have a good relationship with my co-workers and can work well within a team.

the hardest part of my job is the limit staff we have at the moment which is causing more stress and more pressure on us as a team.

the best part of my day is seeing all my work friends and getting to spent time with them.

the management is very poor within this work place and it isnt a great place to work and the pay is very poor as well. – less
Great place to work after Graduation
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: travling all around the country
Cons: on the road 28 days out of the month
There was no typical day at work, working for Micros I traveled all around the country working for major clients, setting up Point of Sale systems, setting up networks, hardware such as printers, credit card terminals, and much more. I learned how to deal with clients face to face and deal with problems as the occurred on the spot. Management was ok – more... but not very active and did not respond fast to request when you were on the road. My co-workers were great they were always there to help when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was you were always in a different city so nothing was ever the same. You also did not have control over everything as there was sub contractors that would come in to do such things as installing the cabling which was not always set up correctly so it caused many problems. The best part of the job was the traveling and interacting with many people. – less
productive workplace
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 30, 2014
fun place to work, great environment, provided technical support for micros clients.
Resume Builder
Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 10, 2014
A good first job out of college. Lots of travel involved with no overtime. Upper management promises advancement but it rarely results in what you are looking for.
Eh
Outside sales representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: you can be an under achiever here and get by
Horrible processes. No organized CRM. Not a green company. Lots of wasted paper.
n.a
MSA Administrator (Current Employee), Needham, MAApril 20, 2014
Fast paced learning environment. Helpful corporate staff. Customer service opportunities
Place to gain experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Solon, OHMarch 16, 2014
Opportunities to work on various projects and with many customers.
some great employees, mediocre management
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Cons: bad raises--if any
lots of customer interaction. technical troubleshooting.
Learned to work on proprietary software.
Learned better work ethic but also not to question management decisions.
Management tended to never resolve issues with the behavior of some employees, especially in the area of rudeness and sexual harassment.
Hardest part was executing bad management choices. – more... Dealing with a DO- DON'T THINK attitude.
The best part was fixing customer's problems and being appreciated – less
An Oracle DBA with over 15 years of experience providing technical support in all phases of SLDC managing RDBMS projects with a diverse and dynamic ca
Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 27, 2014
• Migrated databases for the ORA-J and CVM-A applications using DataPump from Sun Solaris.
• Performed migrations of Oracle 10gR2 databases from LDOMs to Oracle 11gR2 on SPARC T3 Oracle machines or Exadata x2-2 Oracle machines located in the FDA data center.
• Used customized templates to create the target databases based on the Oracle components installed – more... in the source databases.
• Performed migrations as per FDA standards, regulations, security, policies and procedures.
• Used Citrix for connections to Exadata machines located in the data center.
• Worked with the Migration Team, their Team Leads and SAs.
• Coordinated the migrations with the Application Team and the Applications DBAs.
• Migrated databases from Sun Solaris using RMAN for large databases.
• Databse migrations were from Oracle 10g RAC to Oracle 11g RAC.
• Performed validation reports comparing the source and target databases. – less
Excellent Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: skip lunch
Assist stores and office calling in with technical issue’s regarding store equipment cash registers, printers, fax machines, etc.
Troubleshoot issue’s accordingly and get store back up to running status.
MICROS
SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: independent work, local and national travel. was not limited to desk job.
Cons: hospitality industry hours made for long days, late nights and weekends "working".
My employment with MICROS began in the early 1980's when computers were new to everyone. I had the opportunity to learn about computers as they applied to my work with MICROS. They trained me in all aspects of my position. I became technically proficient and confident with my position as a programmer/installer working with Restaurant and Hotel clients. – more... I gathered information from the customer to customize their Point of Sale system then designed their system accordingly. I trained the entire staff and management team and provided system support after the system installation. – less
Nice team
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2013
Good place to work. Great deal of travel but sales are high pressure and a lot of cold calling. Travel in bad weather encouraged. Good benefits though

1 2 3