Michelin Employee Reviews in Canada

I was there for 12 Years and the first woman to do 3 jobs.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSJune 1, 2016
I was the for woman to work in three areas of the plant. I was also picked to be the first woman to be a process technician for the first Tire Building machine of the kind in the world. It was a job I was very proud of. I was a very male dominate environment with many challenges. It was a job I was very proud to do.
Pros
First woman to do jobs
Cons
Michelin has been a company that gave me the chance to learn a lot. I will always say it was the best company to work for.
Accounting - Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
When I started to work for that company, I was hired as a typist. Many months after I started to learn computer system. I threw myself in learning and I knew it so well that I was able to do all the work that was given to me. Later, I have learned to work at the Purchases department and I spent the last five years of my work in the Accounting department. I will rate that company as the best of all because they knew that I wanted and liked to learn and the Human Resources gave me a great opportunity to develop myself in my work environment.

Most of my co-workers were very amiable and the ambiance was, I must say, warm. Like any where else, there are pros and cons and you learn to deal with it on a daily basis.

I wish to find again a place where I will be able to show my capability as a hard and positive worker and who's not afraid to learn. Even if my schooling was not the highest doesn't mean that I cannot do a great work.
Lots of unique individuals
Prep Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NSOctober 1, 2015
Very fast paced environment, lots of moving parts. attention to detail at all times ensuring finished product does not have defects. working 12 hour shifts rotating between nights and days. Standing for long periods of time. Very physically demanding
Pros
free tires
Cons
favoritism in management
Tires
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  1Boudreau rd, AlbertaJanuary 16, 2015
Unloading trucks and loading trucks with tires I learn pretty much forklift, order picking . The management wasn't to good and my co-workers did a great job helping each other out. The hardest part of the job would be unloading the trucks filled with tires and the most enjoyable part would be the co workers, we had a very good team
Career oriented company, decent benefits and a pension plan, good job security.
Maintainer Electrical/Mechanical/Lubrication (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, and Waterville, NSNovember 21, 2014
Be there one half hour to fifteen minuets before start of your shift. Meetings at shift start to bring shops up to speed on the last shift and what the goals are for the day. Work as a team in a very safety conscious environment. Well structured management for the most part. Enjoyed my years working for this company and would recomend them to any person seeking a solid career.
Pros
decent wages, decent benefits, working conditions are better than most industry settings, well structured management teams
sFETY ,QUALITY,PRODUCTION
shop manager (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NSOctober 30, 2014
ENSURE SAFETY (70 EMPLOYEES )
QUALITY ENSUREANCE
PRODUCTION REQUIREMENTS
WELL BEING OF EMPLOYEES /FAMILY
Pros
Cons
10 hours on call 24/7
An industrial environment people are mostly productive
article builder (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NSSeptember 16, 2014
a typical day starts at 7, you go to your post on the which ever machine you are trained on and thats where you work for the day
- I learned to become independent, as well gained experience with power tools.
- management was poor, while a lot of things were said very few ideas were ever put into action.
- co-workers were very nice
- the hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of it.
- the most enjoyable part of the job was how easy things become when repeated over and over.
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shifts
good place to work
preventive maintence (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSSeptember 15, 2014
Steady hours of work and good benefits. Chances for improvement and to work in other countries around the world. Able to work with people from other cultures.
Great place to growth
Représentant technico-commercial (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QcJuly 24, 2014
If you like the tire business it is a great place to be. Benefits ok but not bad.
Pros
lunch paid and car provided
Cons
micro management
Excellent Training Program and Inspiring Culture
Student Co-op (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJune 13, 2014
In Michelin, you will find nice and smart people around you. Moderate amount of work is assigned with good management.
Their salary is not very high but within manufacturing it's good.
Enjoy my job
Electrical Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSApril 5, 2014
Really thought I would be there for a long time. But Michelin in Pictou is shutting down and I am actively looking for work. I take pride in my work and would like to work for a company that does the same.
Tire Builder/ Emergence Response Team Member (Current Employee) –  GrantonFebruary 11, 2014
great company to work for with good benefits and lots to go furthers in this company
Productive and record breaking
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NSJanuary 26, 2014
Clear on employee responsibilities. Encourages team work and cross training to improve team work functionality. Has profound future goals and normally meets and exceeds them.
A great company to build multiple skills in the workplace!
Pros
support to suceed as an indiviual and a team player
Cons
long hours, limited and unregulated vacation
interesting ,learning ,fast paced,must be punctual .
Assembly Line & Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater NSOctober 16, 2013
must be able to keep up with production lines. Advancement within available,and encouraged.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
A decent first job
Project management (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 21, 2012
Work, meetings, more work, more meetings, more work, repeat.

I learned machine design, project management, team leadership, and industrial engineering.

Gererally speaking all of the managers were sensible people that were good to work with.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the hours could be a little strange depending on the situation, the plant closed
Good work enviroment
Main Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NSAugust 19, 2012
Liked all the people i had come in contact with here.
i learned that you can depend on thers in the work enivroment
A good place to work
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NSApril 30, 2012
Build tires and was involved in various steps of the production of a tire.