Michelin Employee Reviews

Vraiment une belle compagnie
Gestionnaire de la distribution numérique (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC27 August 2017
Michelin est une compagnie internationale avec une équité de marque sans pareil. Il y fait bon travailler et les possibilités sont infinies si vous êtes compétant et prêt à déménager. Je n'ai jamais senti un environnement compétitif dans le bureau et les avantages sociaux sont très compétitifs.
Pros
Avantages sociaux, environnement de travail
Cons
Avancement local
Good Money
Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS16 July 2017
People there are snobby and bipolar, unrealistic expectations are placed on everyone. Hard to switch from working a night shift to day shifts with one day off in between.
Pros
Tim hortons in the caf and the money
Cons
everything else.
Competitive pay, always know your schedule
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS7 July 2017
You would be reaponsible for running your post the entire 12 hour shift, making sure everything ran smoothly and also fixing any errors or malfunctions. There were days where everything would run great and you'd have spare time to help others or clean up around your area, and other days where you were fixing your machines for a majority of the shift, just trying to keep them running.

Management was good as far as I witnessed, they seemed to care and wanted to help you as much as they could by giving advice or training to help your productivity.

Hardest part of the job was working in the middle of summer around huge machines every day, very hot and humid, physically demanding to say the least.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, they were all great people who liked to work and have fun at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, great people to work with
Cons
Long hours, I was contracted making less than everyone else for the same work
Production work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterville, NS10 June 2017
They only care about production, unless you get a good business unit leader who actually cares about the workers. Had to move because of the decrease in production and not given the option to come back
Good and bad
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 June 2017
Limited opportunities for advancement and recognition. Some people overloaded and others doing nothing all day. Managers playing musical chairs and constantly changing. Pointless trips.
Pros
Some genuinely nice people
Cons
No recognition no matter how hard you work
secure workplae
Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS13 January 2017
very diverse workforce. availible opportunity for career evolution and educational gains. lots of possibility for vertical and lateral career changes.
Shift work, production work
Summer Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Granton, NS1 July 2016
it was work, you work 12 hour shifts two nights two morning 7pm-7am 7am- 7pm

every hot environment

nice co-workers

never take your eyes off of what your doing for a minute

everything needs to be PERFECT
Pros
Money
Cons
shift work
I was there for 12 Years and the first woman to do 3 jobs.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS1 June 2016
I was the for woman to work in three areas of the plant. I was also picked to be the first woman to be a process technician for the first Tire Building machine of the kind in the world. It was a job I was very proud of. I was a very male dominate environment with many challenges. It was a job I was very proud to do.
Pros
First woman to do jobs
Cons
Michelin has been a company that gave me the chance to learn a lot. I will always say it was the best company to work for.
Accounting - Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
When I started to work for that company, I was hired as a typist. Many months after I started to learn computer system. I threw myself in learning and I knew it so well that I was able to do all the work that was given to me. Later, I have learned to work at the Purchases department and I spent the last five years of my work in the Accounting department. I will rate that company as the best of all because they knew that I wanted and liked to learn and the Human Resources gave me a great opportunity to develop myself in my work environment.

Most of my co-workers were very amiable and the ambiance was, I must say, warm. Like any where else, there are pros and cons and you learn to deal with it on a daily basis.

I wish to find again a place where I will be able to show my capability as a hard and positive worker and who's not afraid to learn. Even if my schooling was not the highest doesn't mean that I cannot do a great work.
Lots of unique individuals
Prep Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS1 October 2015
Very fast paced environment, lots of moving parts. attention to detail at all times ensuring finished product does not have defects. working 12 hour shifts rotating between nights and days. Standing for long periods of time. Very physically demanding
Pros
free tires
Cons
favoritism in management
Tires
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  1Boudreau rd, Alberta16 January 2015
Unloading trucks and loading trucks with tires I learn pretty much forklift, order picking . The management wasn't to good and my co-workers did a great job helping each other out. The hardest part of the job would be unloading the trucks filled with tires and the most enjoyable part would be the co workers, we had a very good team
Career oriented company, decent benefits and a pension plan, good job security.
Maintainer Electrical/Mechanical/Lubrication (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, and Waterville, NS21 November 2014
Be there one half hour to fifteen minuets before start of your shift. Meetings at shift start to bring shops up to speed on the last shift and what the goals are for the day. Work as a team in a very safety conscious environment. Well structured management for the most part. Enjoyed my years working for this company and would recomend them to any person seeking a solid career.
Pros
Decent wages, decent benefits, working conditions are better than most industry settings, well structured management teams
Sfety ,quality,production
shop manager (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS30 October 2014
Ensure safety (70 employees )
Quality ensureance
Production requirements
Well being of employees /family
Pros
Cons
10 hours on call 24/7
An industrial environment people are mostly productive
article builder (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS16 September 2014
a typical day starts at 7, you go to your post on the which ever machine you are trained on and thats where you work for the day
- I learned to become independent, as well gained experience with power tools.
- management was poor, while a lot of things were said very few ideas were ever put into action.
- co-workers were very nice
- the hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of it.
- the most enjoyable part of the job was how easy things become when repeated over and over.
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shifts
good place to work
preventive maintence (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS15 September 2014
Steady hours of work and good benefits. Chances for improvement and to work in other countries around the world. Able to work with people from other cultures.
Great place to growth
Représentant technico-commercial (Current Employee) –  Montréal, Qc24 July 2014
If you like the tire business it is a great place to be. Benefits ok but not bad.
Pros
lunch paid and car provided
Cons
micro management
Excellent Training Program and Inspiring Culture
Student Co-op (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS13 June 2014
In Michelin, you will find nice and smart people around you. Moderate amount of work is assigned with good management.
Their salary is not very high but within manufacturing it's good.
Enjoy my job
Electrical Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS5 April 2014
Really thought I would be there for a long time. But Michelin in Pictou is shutting down and I am actively looking for work. I take pride in my work and would like to work for a company that does the same.
Tire Builder/ Emergence Response Team Member (Current Employee) –  Granton11 February 2014
great company to work for with good benefits and lots to go furthers in this company
Productive and record breaking
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS26 January 2014
Clear on employee responsibilities. Encourages team work and cross training to improve team work functionality. Has profound future goals and normally meets and exceeds them.
A great company to build multiple skills in the workplace!
Pros
support to suceed as an indiviual and a team player
Cons
long hours, limited and unregulated vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michelin. Our community is ready to answer.