Michelin North America, Inc.

Michelin North America, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tire Builder/ Emergence Response Team Member (Current Employee), GrantonFebruary 11, 2014
great company to work for with good benefits and lots to go furthers in this company
Productive and record breaking
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NSJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: support to suceed as an indiviual and a team player
Cons: long hours, limited and unregulated vacation
Clear on employee responsibilities. Encourages team work and cross training to improve team work functionality. Has profound future goals and normally meets and exceeds them.
A great company to build multiple skills in the workplace!
interesting ,learning ,fast paced,must be punctual .
Assembly Line & Relief Operator (Former Employee), Bridgewater NSOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: shift work
must be able to keep up with production lines. Advancement within available,and encouraged.
A decent first job
Project management (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: the hours could be a little strange depending on the situation, the plant closed
Work, meetings, more work, more meetings, more work, repeat.

I learned machine design, project management, team leadership, and industrial engineering.

Gererally speaking all of the managers were sensible people that were good to work with.
Good work enviroment
Main Line Cook (Former Employee), Waterville, NSAugust 19, 2012
Liked all the people i had come in contact with here.
i learned that you can depend on thers in the work enivroment
A good place to work
Tire Builder (Former Employee), Waterville, NSApril 30, 2012
Build tires and was involved in various steps of the production of a tire.
not a funny place for work
Supply Chain Coordinator (Demand Planner) (Former Employee), CairoApril 7, 2014
 Price and ticket goods
 Check inventories in stockrooms
 Persuade customers and promote sales
Great Company & Product, Excellent Training Program
Account Representative II (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: knowledge, expertise & training
Cons: inconsistent salary increases, did not reflect the changes in the cost of living
A typical day at Michelin was a very busy and productive one.
I learned about tires and the manufacturing and retread process and the replacement market. In addition to learning about Michelin's products I learned a lot about the competition and their products.
I gained a wealth of knowledge while employed at Michelin and I had many opportunities.
Michelin – more... offers extensive training to their employees. They are a very diverse company which opens up a lot of opportunity for their employees. I had exposure to all parts of the world & the products we sold & manufactured. Michelin invested a lot of time & money in my training which contributed to my growth & development in the tire industry. I went to work, got paid, and learned all at the same time.
What more can a person ask for? – less
Great place to work with great benefits
cure apprentice (Former Employee), Mogadore, OhioMarch 25, 2014
Pros: abel to work without a lot of supervision
Cons: swing shifts
It was long hours but also had every other weekend off from Friday till Monday. The company provided benefits and vacation from day 1.
8+ Years of experience
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Lead Developer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 25, 2014
• Oracle Certified Expert with extensive experience on Oracle Database 8i/9i/10g/11g on Windows and Unix/Linux environment.
• Dynamic IT professional with 8 years of diverse and strong experience in Data handling of multitier Business application with emphasis on Database creation, Data Profiling, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Database Integration, – more... Data Staging, Data Migration, Data Warehousing and substantial know-how of Forward and Reverse Engineering Processes, Business Process Modeling, and Project Management Methodologies. Possess outstanding client interaction and relationship management skills – less
Not very understanding
Web Developer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: lack of communication
Typically I was not giving a lot of challenge during the day and the boss was not really forth coming with information. They seemed to be okay with my lifestyle outside, but unfortunately they decided to terminate me because of it.
Manufacturing Plant
Process Engineer (Current Employee), South CarolinaMarch 15, 2014
Enjoyable place to work. Learned useful skills in project management and process engineering. The people are very helpful and pleasant to work with.
wonderful company
PAYROLL ADMIN (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: got discount for home heating oil
Cons: had to dribe over 90 miles each way to work
started as staff accountant, worked up to office manager.
Excellent company to work for..
Left to join military
Production Worker (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working for Michelin as a college student, I left to join the military
Great compensation and people, poor hours
2nd Inspector and Quality Spoke (Current Employee), Norwood, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits. other employees and management are very easy to get along with.
Cons: swing shift, so very little time with the family
I very much enjoy the job that I do, and the people that I get to work with on a daily basis, but I do not like the schedule. 8 hour rotating weekly shifts leave a lot to be desired when it comes to home life.
ok job
Stock Preparations Salaried Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKJanuary 17, 2014
Good job. ok pay. Great training opportunities. Good people to work with.
It was a good working environment but not many oppurtunities to advance
Material handler and separated as a Machine (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: pay scale and work environment
Cons: not being able to advance and job security
It was a steady environment to work in I learned communication skills, hard work ethics, and being accountable. Management were fair and direct and my co workers were the best part of the job. The hardest part about the job was the rotating shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers.
Decent and Secure Job
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Ardmore, OKJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: great benifits and decent pay
Cons: work/life balance
A typical day for me as a quality tech is a lot of fire-fighting and numerous meetings. I learned a lot of how if you want something done you have to badger people constantly or do it yourself. Management needs to pay more attention to the needs of their lower level employees instead of production numbers. The hardest part of the job is trying to get – more... something done and staying focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly and fun environment of my co-workers. – less
first experience in uk
Accounts Payable Team Member (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGNovember 22, 2013
Pros: big trade make
Cons: low salary, too short experience, closure of the unit
processing of all raw material invoice for the group Michelin in Europe. I enjoyed to work for the first time with lot of people from different countries.
Great for experience
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 19, 2013
Production floor. Meet with others to identify top projects. Good training and benefits. Good technical projects and many start-up opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Michelin North America, Inc.

Planes, trains, and automobiles rely on Michelin North America's tires to make their rounds. So do airplanes; bicycles; motorcycles; – Read more