Michaels

Michaels Employee Reviews

caotic stressful place to work
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2016
I was hired to be in charge of the front end of the store along with all the cashiers. I was not trained or given a proper job description of my resonsibilities
Pros
michaels discount
Cons
more management
Fun work enviroment, educational, excellent customer service/knowledge
Pet Care Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABOctober 30, 2015
Pet Smart was an excellent company to work for. The training was thorough, managers were patient and very supportive. It was personable and every one got along. We were extremely involved with our customers, providing great information and assistance for their pets. They treated me well as an employee, fair with wages and hours.
Pros
good hours, kind work enviroment, great customer service
Cons
no benifits
Love my Job!
cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaOctober 28, 2015
I started working at Michaels about a month ago and absolutely love my job. The people are wonderful, management is great and I love dealing with the customers day to day. I do have an interest in crafting so I find it enjoyable to see what comes through my cash each time. I would highly recommend working for Michaels.
Pros
Management, hours, customers
Cons
So far, none to date.
Seasonal Part Time Cashier Position
Seasonal Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 12, 2015
Primarily responsible to processing customer purchases and returns as required. The biggest challenge was processing purchases within a limited time period. Questions and inquiries would need to be identified before the sale is entered into the cash register. Enjoyed meeting the various customers and learning about their various crafting interests.
Pros
Flexible Work schedule, short commute to work
Cons
Seasonal position did not lead to permanent position
NIce Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCJuly 22, 2015
I learned the process of opening up a brand new store from scratch, they were very organized and was a great experience. THe only problem was the hours, there was not enough hours.
Best People. Fun job. Always work to do
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 19, 2015
Michaels North Bay is the best place i have ever worked. Management is amazing. They care about their employees as people not as just "workers" I have learned so much about things one might not expect and there is always opportunity to learn more. The hardest part of the job is getting enough hours, however, if you do your job well and show up on time they will always try to give you more hours when they are available. I enjoy every part of this job.
Everyone makes it a fun environment while still getting work done. Balanced.
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
I want to buy everything but can't.
great job
refill team (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 4, 2015
its a great job to work for its not that hard its all light duty work. the staff and managers are friendly and make you feel apart of an strong team to work for.
Pros
great job
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and a great first job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2015
The company hours very flexible to fit your schedule and are very considerate. An enjoyable job with great coworkers overall a great experience.
Pros
great experience
Cons
I liked the people, but the hours were awful.
Re-stocker and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 16, 2015
The only problem I had and the main reason I no longer work part time there is because it was required that we be there at 5 am in the morning. Other than that it is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Nice management.
Cons
Bad hours.
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 10, 2015
Having lots of crafts around and coupons, and seeing how many different hobbies there are is an inspiration. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give more coupons out to customers especially if they only come in once a month.
• Over 5 years of experience in customer service • Adaptable and flexible individual who is willing to learn and apply new skills efficiently • Reli
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Over 5 years of experience in customer service
• Reliable, respectful toward others, and dedicated to get the job done
• Able to adapt to a fast pace, ever changing intense environment with minimal supervision
• Able to effectively deal with difficult issues with sound judgment
Fun workplace which enhanced my work ethics
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket OntarioMarch 21, 2015
At Michaels I was a cashier so my job each day was to cash out customers when they were ready to cash out and ensure they were satisfied with there customer service that they received. I was also responsible for helping any customers that needed help locating a product they were looking for and answering any questions they may have about any products. From this job I got a better understanding of the system and programs that they used which enhanced my technological abilities. All of the employees were great people to work with and made it an even more enjoyable place to work.
Hectic but fun when the hours are up.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 2, 2015
During the Christmas hours it was hectic.. and I loved it! The fast pace, the happy customers buying their products, it was all so fun! The employees were all so friendly, it was like a family away from home. The hardest part for me was leaving, I had to move across town and it would have been harder to get to work. Plus the hours after Christmas decreased dramatically, so it wouldn't have covered much of my travel expenses. All in all, it was a great place to work.
Amazing!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Working at michaels was one of the best experiences of my life! Every person who worked there was charming, intelligent, creative, and went above and beyond to help each customer that walked through the door!
Fun and Energetic workplace. It allows creativity to flow.
Cashier/ Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2015
The thing I enjoy most about this job is being able to connect to customers through creative ideas. At times, I will be able to help someone find a new creative way to use products. Other times, customers help me with solutions to a difficult craft when I'm stuck.
Great staff!
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work!
I have met new people and friends for life!
If you are looking for decent hours, Michaels is NOT the place for you.
I enjoy the attitude of most of the staff however the managers don't do a very good job at ensuring hours and the well being of staff.
Sales associate/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Working, I am helping on cash, answering phone calls, an assisting customers while making sure the store is organized. All of the co-workers are very friendly giving it a great atmosphere.
Pros
great staff discounts
Cons
not enough hours per week
Great environment and great people
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, Montreal, QCJanuary 14, 2015
In a day of work I would do cashier or be on the floor as sales associate. I enjoy helping customers & introducing them to our products. Team work is used a lot in my environment & I find that very important because being sociable is the first step to making our customers satisfied. Sometimes it gets hard when customers get rude, difficult and others, but it's up to us to keep up the good spirit. I learned to be a good sales associate, a organised cashier & most importantly I love my job!
fast paced workplace with awesome eployers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 11, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be getting to the till and ringing customers in. I never know when or if i am going to get a break. I learned that you have to be fast paced and collect a lot of emails. The management at Michaels is well mannered. My co-workers are amazing people. The hardest part of my job is collecting the amount of emails they want. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure all my customers are happy.
Pros
discounts
Cons
break times
Flawed upper management.
CEM (Former Employee) –  OttawaNovember 25, 2014
The job seems fun at first but you quickly become aware that upper management does not care for its staff. Hard to stay motivated at a place with no encouragement or positive feedback.