A super fun place to work, but you never know if you're going anywhere.
Pros: lunchrooms, laid back junior management, no pressure.
Cons: terrible holiday hours. too easy to get written up.
I loved working for Michaels. 90% of the employees are fantastic people who love what they do, and really enjoy helping people. The other 10% make you not want to come to work. The management always appear to be very busy, so it is difficult to address problems or concerns with them. Sometimes when you do a really good job, someone will actually notice, and let you know. The hardest part of my job was not saying anything rude to certain people who thought they could do my job better than me. I was written up 3 times for things I didn't do, so the higher management needs to take a better look at their lower management.