Michael Page

Michael Page Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good assignaments
IT Audit Manager/ Risk and compliance (Former Employee), new jerseyMarch 17, 2014
Pros: can find assignments
Cons: long breaks between assignments
work hard and recruiters place you based on your experience.
Group Service Credit Controller
Group Service Credit Controller (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great culture, team lunch and annual benifits
Chasing up the payment, credit focus role.

Great communication skills and problem solving skills

friendly team mate and good company culture.

chasing up the payment to fullfill the deadline.

I feel so enjoyable when the payment come in by weekly debt management
Not a friendly or professional environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: the internet and telephones often worked.
Cons: everything
This company feeds off of its young in a cannibalistic fashion. Upper management will use new hires to farm out jobs and good candidates. You will be out of a job in 3 months if you don't write roughly your base salary in a quarter. You will not bonus unless you write roughly 4 times your base salary.

If you are not an established recruiter, you will – more... not make it here. If you ARE an established recruiter, you will not want to stay here. – less
High-energy, competitive, highly rewarding.
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: excellent perks and bonus structure. great people, very supportive.
Cons: long hours makes work/life balance challenging.
Truly a "work hard, play hard" environment.
Meritorious culture.
Competitive.
Ample opportunity for growth.
Very high expectations.
Professional work place
Administrator (Former Employee), SloughOctober 30, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: long hours
Full time, learnt admin skills, co-workers are nice, 9-5 working hours
Great!
SAP Project manager (Former Employee), New York CityOctober 15, 2013
I consulted through Michael Page as an SAP Project Manager. I found out that once you secure the contract with the client, the process for form filing and time recording is easy and straightforward. I did not have much liasion with MPI while I contracted other than receiving my check but I was happy with working through Michael Page International.
Good firm overall
Recruitment Consultant/Business Development (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2013
Typical day at work - recruiting/business development
Happy to discuss at the appropriate time.
high-pressure environment
Administrative Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaMay 22, 2013
It was a very results-driven atmosphere, with high pressure to hit the numbers every month. Management varied through the year, with different styles displayed.
Productive and friendly employees.
Accounting Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch and adjustable hours
Cons: n/a
Data entry
Mail delivery
File confidential paperwork into employee folders
Prepare boxes and files for pick-up to an outside storage facility
The best place to work at
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: quartley bashes, acheivement awards and dinners.
Cons: the only thing i did not like was my commute. 1hr subway ride.
MPI was fun and professional. A typical work day consist of formatting many resumes. Setting up interviews. Management always advised us of opening positions as consultants if we were interested in moving in that direction. We were all team players. The hardest part of the job was having to contact applicants that did not meet the qualifications. The – more... most enjoyable part was being recognized for our efforts. The Admins were also recognized and received awards for our hard work. – less
Great workplace
admin (Former Employee), sloughFebruary 23, 2013
It was a great workplace. Just wish there was a full time position. But the people were great the managers were great.
Quite the worst recruitment agency by eons
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), North WestJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Quick to interview and promise the world and deliver sweet FA. Never return calls or acknowledge e-mails. Applications dissapear into the Michael Page black hole and return as an automated message.
Has anyone ever heard from them within the 14 days???
worst agency by far
candidate (Former Employee), UKDecember 6, 2012
Cons: waste of time for candidates, waste of money for employers
they use keyword search to select applicants, have no idea about positions they hire for. cannot explain why people were not put forward.

Yves – January 28, 2013

Quite disappointed with this agency....no communication, put you forward for jibs, but then do not give you feedback on the outcome. Poor communication, and they do not cal you back when they say they're going to...

Doogle – February 19, 2013

I have got news for you all agents are the same be they : Recruitment Agents. Travel Agents. Insurance Brokers. Only one thing drives them commission, stick somebody in a role and collect the commission, your right on the not being in touch too. They get your application and then ditch it.

Great culture, supportive management but a little old school in approach
Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 3, 2012
Pros: great brand, culture and people
Cons: remuneration and an element of being "stuck in their ways"
A typical day at work includes canvassing for new roles, business development, candidate resourcing, client liaison, chasing debt, training staff, client meeting, candidate interviews, filling positions, offer management, negotiation, selling solutions.

I've learnt everything around running a successful, professional and full sales lifecycle. Most – more... importantly, I've learnt how to develop business from scratch, sell solutions and create long-standing partnerships that bring repeat business & guaranteed revenue.

Management has been extremely supportive throughout my time at Michael Page. Everything is open plan, no matter how senior you are. Therefore, there is very much a collegiate atmosphere. Michael Page is very much a meritocracy.

I am friends with a number of my co-workers, both past & present. There is a mixed bag of quality due to the staff churn in the recruitment industry. Therefore, there aren't as many people to aspire to as I would like.

The hardest part of my job has changed during my career at Michael Page. Currently the biggest challenge is managing to balance my billing obligations versus my management requirements. However, the consistent theme in recruitment is being resilient enough to take disappointment in your stride and keep moving forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed, especially through my mentoring & coaching. However, I still very much enjoy being at the front-line, making solution sells and placing candidates. – less
More team work in a chook farm
Sales (Former Employee), NSWNovember 9, 2012
Pros: not much
Cons: getting out of there
Not a good company to register for work, or to have them find suitable job seekers for your company.
A free for all
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 14, 2012
For the back office staff, there was not much room for advancement and getting a raise was like pulling teeth. Was there for almost 2 years and never got a raise.

courtney – June 26, 2012

worst recruitment agencie to deal with , You apply for jobs they dont reply back , they send you a text to call them ASAP as they have a suitable role they wish to put you forward for , They dont respond to back , They book appointments for you to go and see them they cancel and dont even re book . Has a manger i would never use them to recuit anyone or never recommend them to anyone .

rodger – July 2, 2012

didn.t any of you ask on a phone what was it like to work in before goinjg to see

Ethan – July 30, 2012

Agreed! the agency to deal with! - they never get back to you let alone acknowledge receipt of you CV!!!!

Warda – September 14, 2012

I send my CV online from two years ago until now and applied for different jobs suitable my requirements and criteria and always the same automated letter of apology without making any effort to help the applicant. Further, if I phoned them nobody reply to your request with interest.

lyn21 – September 20, 2012

I am saddened by the standard of English displayed in these comments - especially since the agency specialises in communications and marketing roles. Personally I have always found them helpful.

– September 28, 2012

Its quite possible the employer got away lightly with the lack of ambition most of the applications have shown !!!!!

– October 16, 2012

This company was by far the most unprofessional agency I have ever used. No return phone calls no return email messages and a narcissistic attitude.

PC314 – October 20, 2012

Horrible recruiting practices. They turn it around by blaming on the client.

– October 26, 2012

I agree, its the worst agency.

Great life experience
Resourcer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2012
•Developed comprehensive contact details to facilitate the launch of MP Legal USA
•Candidate sourcing via websites, networking sites job boards
•Headhunting
•Interview candidates
•Business Development.

Adjusting to an extremely demanding business, in a new business culture teaming up with very different people, and talking to all sorts of professionals – more... as candidates or clients was a very new situation for me, but pushed me to be the best I really could. Constantly motivated to prove I was not only cut for the job but could perform at the highest level – less
Ambiente sereno, flessibile e stimolante
Receptionist (Former Employee), Milano, LOMJanuary 7, 2014
Per quattro anni ho svolto questa professione presso Michael Page. Durante questo periodo, ho avuto modo di fare esperienza come accoglienza clienti/candidati, organizzazione colloqui, smistamento posta, filtro telefonate. Mi occupavo totalmente della gestione degli appuntamenti e dell’agenda dei clienti, delle telefonate in entrata e in uscita, della – more... gestione della clientela. – less
Multinacional muito agradavel de trabalhar
Recepcionista Bilingue (Former Employee), Recife, PENovember 10, 2013
Pros: 6 horas de trabalho e beneficios
Cons: mudança de gestor
Dia tipico do meu trabalho era receber candidatos para entrevistas,organizar sala de reuniao e video conferencia.Organizar a rotina das correspondencias e malotes.
Aprendi muita coisa sobre o oacote office e organizacao do escritorio.
Os consultores e diretores sempre muito agradaveis.Assim tambem como meus colegas de trabalho,formamos uma familia durante – more... 2 anos.
A parte mais dificil foi quando desligaram uma colega e eu fiquei sobrecarregada de tarefas.
A parte mais agradavel foi saber que eu aprendi e que posso encarar novas oportunidades. – less
Empresa acelerada, dinâmica, excelente ambiente de trabalho!
Coordenadora de Projetos de Recrutamento & Seleção (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPOctober 22, 2013
Pros: ambiente de trabalho, pessoas, cultura, valores, crescimento.
Cons: salario fixo, horario de trabalho
Ótima empresa para pessoas que tem ritmo acelerado, garra, vontade de crescer e humildade para aprender. Excelente ambiente de trabalho, apesar da carga horária elevadíssima. Uma empresa onde não faltam desafios!

About Michael Page

Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary – Read more