Michael Page

Michael Page Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sr. Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2014
Pros: very supportive to the contractors working for them
Cons: never heard back after the contrract ended to be placed again.
I very much enjoyed dealing with Caroline Neble at Michael Page. I was placed at Biogen Idec at the corporate offices in Weston. I immediately hit it off with the Executive Assistant in compliance. I very much enjoyed the job and most of the people were fantastic and professional. I supported three Senior Directors/lawyers in Compliance. This role was – more... very interesting and challenging. There were some personality conflicts that existed prior to my being placed there. Since it was my job to support the person who was involved in one of the conflicts, I did all I could to make his day easier and go the extra mile for him, against the suggestions of the person who had obvious problems with him.
I very much enjoyed it there for the most part and missed the people I had supported once my contract was ended. – less
Professional temporary staff organization
Temporary Recruiter (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2014
I worked for Michael Page for about four months on a temporary basis. I found the staff professional, helpful and courteous. I was glad to have the work at a very difficult time in our economy.
Seek other opportunity
Manager at Weir (Current Employee), Fort WorthApril 21, 2014
Cons: weak leadership
Weak leadership and low compensation. Avoid working for this company. Has alot of problems.
Good Working Environment
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 21, 2014
Overall a good working environment and the people help you meet your goals and objectives.
Learned much about an Airline industry in general
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Genève, GEApril 1, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no good sandwich
This was a short term contract at client site IATA as a Data Analyst.

My time went well in terms of the job at hand but I was disappointed with some line managers for lacking clear guidance toward the project.

I had a good relation with my co-workers.
good assignaments
IT Audit Manager/ Risk and compliance (Former Employee), new jerseyMarch 17, 2014
Pros: can find assignments
Cons: long breaks between assignments
work hard and recruiters place you based on your experience.
Group Service Credit Controller
Group Service Credit Controller (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great culture, team lunch and annual benifits
Chasing up the payment, credit focus role.

Great communication skills and problem solving skills

friendly team mate and good company culture.

chasing up the payment to fullfill the deadline.

I feel so enjoyable when the payment come in by weekly debt management
Not a friendly or professional environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: the internet and telephones often worked.
Cons: everything
This company feeds off of its young in a cannibalistic fashion. Upper management will use new hires to farm out jobs and good candidates. You will be out of a job in 3 months if you don't write roughly your base salary in a quarter. You will not bonus unless you write roughly 4 times your base salary.

If you are not an established recruiter, you will – more... not make it here. If you ARE an established recruiter, you will not want to stay here. – less
High-energy, competitive, highly rewarding.
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: excellent perks and bonus structure. great people, very supportive.
Cons: long hours makes work/life balance challenging.
Truly a "work hard, play hard" environment.
Meritorious culture.
Competitive.
Ample opportunity for growth.
Very high expectations.
Professional work place
Administrator (Former Employee), SloughOctober 30, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: long hours
Full time, learnt admin skills, co-workers are nice, 9-5 working hours
Great!
SAP Project manager (Former Employee), New York CityOctober 15, 2013
I consulted through Michael Page as an SAP Project Manager. I found out that once you secure the contract with the client, the process for form filing and time recording is easy and straightforward. I did not have much liasion with MPI while I contracted other than receiving my check but I was happy with working through Michael Page International.
Good firm overall
Recruitment Consultant/Business Development (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2013
Typical day at work - recruiting/business development
Happy to discuss at the appropriate time.
high-pressure environment
Administrative Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaMay 22, 2013
It was a very results-driven atmosphere, with high pressure to hit the numbers every month. Management varied through the year, with different styles displayed.
Productive and friendly employees.
Accounting Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch and adjustable hours
Cons: n/a
Data entry
Mail delivery
File confidential paperwork into employee folders
Prepare boxes and files for pick-up to an outside storage facility
The best place to work at
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: quartley bashes, acheivement awards and dinners.
Cons: the only thing i did not like was my commute. 1hr subway ride.
MPI was fun and professional. A typical work day consist of formatting many resumes. Setting up interviews. Management always advised us of opening positions as consultants if we were interested in moving in that direction. We were all team players. The hardest part of the job was having to contact applicants that did not meet the qualifications. The – more... most enjoyable part was being recognized for our efforts. The Admins were also recognized and received awards for our hard work. – less
Great workplace
admin (Former Employee), sloughFebruary 23, 2013
It was a great workplace. Just wish there was a full time position. But the people were great the managers were great.
Quite the worst recruitment agency by eons
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), North WestJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Quick to interview and promise the world and deliver sweet FA. Never return calls or acknowledge e-mails. Applications dissapear into the Michael Page black hole and return as an automated message.
Has anyone ever heard from them within the 14 days???
worst agency by far
candidate (Former Employee), UKDecember 6, 2012
Cons: waste of time for candidates, waste of money for employers
they use keyword search to select applicants, have no idea about positions they hire for. cannot explain why people were not put forward.

Yves – January 28, 2013

Quite disappointed with this agency....no communication, put you forward for jibs, but then do not give you feedback on the outcome. Poor communication, and they do not cal you back when they say they're going to...

Doogle – February 19, 2013

I have got news for you all agents are the same be they : Recruitment Agents. Travel Agents. Insurance Brokers. Only one thing drives them commission, stick somebody in a role and collect the commission, your right on the not being in touch too. They get your application and then ditch it.

Great culture, supportive management but a little old school in approach
Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 3, 2012
Pros: great brand, culture and people
Cons: remuneration and an element of being "stuck in their ways"
A typical day at work includes canvassing for new roles, business development, candidate resourcing, client liaison, chasing debt, training staff, client meeting, candidate interviews, filling positions, offer management, negotiation, selling solutions.

I've learnt everything around running a successful, professional and full sales lifecycle. Most – more... importantly, I've learnt how to develop business from scratch, sell solutions and create long-standing partnerships that bring repeat business & guaranteed revenue.

Management has been extremely supportive throughout my time at Michael Page. Everything is open plan, no matter how senior you are. Therefore, there is very much a collegiate atmosphere. Michael Page is very much a meritocracy.

I am friends with a number of my co-workers, both past & present. There is a mixed bag of quality due to the staff churn in the recruitment industry. Therefore, there aren't as many people to aspire to as I would like.

The hardest part of my job has changed during my career at Michael Page. Currently the biggest challenge is managing to balance my billing obligations versus my management requirements. However, the consistent theme in recruitment is being resilient enough to take disappointment in your stride and keep moving forward.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my staff succeed, especially through my mentoring & coaching. However, I still very much enjoy being at the front-line, making solution sells and placing candidates. – less
More team work in a chook farm
Sales (Former Employee), NSWNovember 9, 2012
Pros: not much
Cons: getting out of there
Not a good company to register for work, or to have them find suitable job seekers for your company.

About Michael Page

Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary – Read more