Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging, Fun, Interesting
Sales assistant at flagship store (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 4, 2014
Pros: product knowledge, diverse selection of customers
Cons: long hours
Customer service can be difficult at times however you develop your own personal style when approaching and assisting customers. It is interesting meeting people from all over the world and helping them with fashion decisions.
na
Store Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 30, 2014
enjoyable company to work for.
would recommend any person to Michael Kors
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assocaite (Current Employee), Gilroy, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: learning experience, great atmosphere, excellent staff
Cons: nonflexible schedule, no weekends off
I have happily spent two and a half years at Micheal Kors. This company basically taught me everything I know about how to make a customer feel special and how to learn about products. I really liked this job, even if there wasn't a whole lot of opportunity to get ahead or to change your job title. The management team are made up of very kind individuals – more... who for the most part understand when things arise in ones personal life. They try to make the atmosphere all about family and working together and, surprisingly, for a job with almost all female employees there is rarely any "girl drama", for lack of a better term. The managers are very good at keeping "girl drama" out of the workplace and for as long as I've worked here if they noticed any drama such as snarky remarks or verbal attacks on or off the floor they have professionally and privately settled the issues. There is not one girl who acts cruelly to any other girl. That's very important, a healthy work atmosphere that is about business and not about any llama drama.

When I first started working at Micheal Kors they had agreed to work with my school schedule and that was also very important to me. They usually are a very pro-education company and so long as you're available every holiday and weekend they're pretty understanding. The bad part about this is that you need to be available /every/ Weekend. You never get a weekend off just because or even one day out of the weekend just because. This isn't that surprising because this is the standard for retail life, so I suppose I'm just venting for the sake of venting. Besides, if you request your weekend off with enough time in advanced the management team usually approves the request unless multiple people have asked off that day, and the managers try and make it a priority to give birthdays off even if it is a Saturday or a Sunday.

The company takes Luxury and Customer Service very seriously. Employees are extensively trained in the jetset service and the jetset lifestyle. If you're looking to be trained in a chic, intelligent, fashion-foreword atmosphere that takes the job into a lifestyle this certainly is the place for you. You simply need to have a want to learn about products and a passion for fashion! Here you will learn how to identify the wants and needs of customers, and should they not want or need anything you will learn how to create it by simply asking questions. On a personal level working at Michael Kors will toughen your skin and make you a more confident woman (or man). Working here has taught me to take chances, to actively seek out the sale, to be bold.

The hardest part of the job is working with customers whom are having a bad day and whom feel they need to take it out on you, though once again anyone who works a retail job has to deal with this. This problem isn't special. The next closest difficulty with the job would have to be memorizing product knowledge and or the style in which employees are trained to sell. The selling style is different in this establishment than in most other establishments.

The best part of this job had to be learning about the proper dialogue and learning how to talk with customers and shop with them instead of sell to them.

So, why am I looking for a new job? It has been brought to my attention that my schedule for school this semester can't be worked with. Normally Michael Kors works with school schedules but presently they are short staffed and are in need of employees with open-availability. Until there are more employees at Michael Kors I cannot work there any longer because Education takes first priority for me. If you have open availability I strongly recommend you apply to work at Michael Kors, it's a wonderful experience that you will not soon regret. – less
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: flexible, progressive, salary
Cons: customer traffic during slow seasons.
Working at Michael Kors I can always expect an upbeat sporadic atmosphere while, but simultaneously a professional work environment. They allow me to be myself when interacting with customers. Great company to work for.
Exciting Work Environment
Empowered Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: amazing team
Cons: employee benefits
Most exciting work environment.The amount of time and energy you put into the company is truly rewarding and fulfilling.
Successful and fun work environment. Great team.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 9, 2014
I absolutely loved my time at Michael Kors. I worked there for about three years and it helped me gain more knowledge about the luxury fashion world.
Great environment to work in
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), Limerick, PAJune 8, 2014
Pros: working on my own, always working at a fast pace
Cons: strict scheldue, overflow of shipment, not having a big enough workspace.
A typical day at work, would consist of receiving in the shipment. I would then scan each one in individually. Print it out and then file all the paperwork involving the shipment. I would go thru and open all the boxes and neatly and efficiently put all the shipment away. I learned how to use tools to scan in product, how to work at an efficient pace. – more... I also learned how to organize and neatly file paperwork. The management team was wonderful, I held such respect for each one of them. My co-workers were great, always willing to assist me when I was in need. The hardest part of the job was finding the time to do all the work that needed to be done in one day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in charge of a huge part of the store. Knowing that I made things easier for my co-workers by having everything scanned in, put away and organized in the right spots, and having everything filed correctly. – less
Great company to work for!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 6, 2014
Great company to work for! Learned a lot of new things about high-end retail.
Awesome Kors
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 27, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Gracious discount benefits as well as clothing allowances. Lots of opportunity for advancement within this company.
Healthy, fast-paced working environment.
Warehouse Stock/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 25, 2014
Pros: great employees and a great exercise.
Cons: short breaks
A lot of team work. Great opportunities for growth in the company, there are a lot of management positions. Kind and accommodating employees, especially the management staff. My most enjoyable part of the job was also the hardest part, which was the ongoing list of objectives. There was always something to do to stay busy.
Exciting and Fun
Manager Of Operations (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILMay 23, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Well a typical day for me consist of reviewing emails concerning current and future shipments assuring that there are no discrepancies and if so handling them accordingly, my co-worker are amazing and fun.
Outgoing and Comfortable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 7, 2014
- assist customers with finding what they need
- greeting customer
- most enjoyable part is my coworkers and assisting customers find exactly what they are looking for
Outgoing and Comfortable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 7, 2014
- assist customers with finding what they need
- greeting customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bayshore, New YorkMay 7, 2014
A typical day at michael Kors was coming in an hour before the store open to make sure the store was visually prepared, meaning that it was set up in a way that it would lure customers in, up-selling was a must, if I was presenting a handbag to a customer I would always show her a wallet that matched the bag, clothes would be paired with a shoe
Productive but not strong in advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), DC Metro AreaMay 1, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: no advancement
I learned a lot about management and managing people. Sometimes hard to make goals because they are subjective and made by store managers whim. The company play favorites and is not always great at advancing those that deserve it.
Productive and fun work environment, with team cooperation
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Paramus, NJApril 24, 2014
Very great company to work for. Every employee worked together to achieve tasks.
productive, busy
STOCK MANAGER, RUNNER, CASHIER (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2014
Pros: allotment, store discount, clients
Cons: lack of respect internally
accept shipment and process, shift stock room, inventory control and store transfers, help customers on really busy days, build client relations,
co workers happy for the most part
store manager on power trip.
hardest part was dealing with lack of respect for employees
the most enjoyable was working with the rest of the staff on floor sets
Great Staff
Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
Loved the people I worked with and would definitely work with this company again.
Michael Kors Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJApril 9, 2014
· Maintain knowledge of companies’ products, marketing programs, and promotions.
· Partner with store manager to offer a positive customer service environment.
· Exceptionally self-motivated and great ability to work on own initiative.
Fun Workplace, Great employees, educational
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJApril 6, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: hires for temp work
Day 1 was physical filing according to client orders.

Everyday job consisted of entering bulk orders by season for their clients such as Ross Stores, Nieman Marcus, Lord & Taylor and Macys.

About Michael Kors

Michael Kors dresses the stars, both real and imagined. The company designs, distributes, and sells high-fashion apparel, footwear, – Read more

Michael Kors Photos