Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Footwear Design Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Amazing learning experience
Got to learn how the fast-paced environment works
Great opportunities to further your retail experiences
Operations/ Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2014
A great company to work for. Even starting at a sales assistant position you get job experiences that mangers at other retail chains are still learning how to. Like control inventory, understand shipment and transfers, to even ordering supplies for the store. The hours are a little difficult and requesting time off but thats retail in general. a great – more... company to work for if you plant on furthering your knowledge in the retail world as well as create future opportunities for yourself. – less
Great coworkers, horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2014
I loved working with the group of people I worked with but when it comes to the management it is the opposite. There is no room for advancement and it is a highly competitive work environment where managers do not care to manage and instead care about themselves and maximizing their sales.
Fun and relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: connections
Cons: low potential to move up within the company
I loved my job here. The hours are flexible and they really worked with my school schedule. I learned a lot about the fashion industry and got many opportunities to put what I had already learned to the test.
above and beyond customer service with a competitive nature
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great discount, competitive
Cons: hours vary every week
Michael Kors is a performance based company, so if you want hours you have to be a great seller. The outlet division is not a commission based environment, however, there are sales goals that are to be met at each shift. Michael Kors values its customer service so each employee is required to know the product knowledge of each hand bad, watch, and apparel. – more... It is an energetic atmosphere with positive attitudes and lively music. Some challenging aspects of the job would be, adding on a second item when the customer only wants one thing. This is where your selling ability comes into play. Managers not only look at the net sales that you are bringing in, but are also looking at your units per transaction. Since it is a high end store, it is required for each employee to always carry themselves in a professional manner. – less
great company
greeter (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2013
great company, great people, no hard part at all, everything runs smoothly
Dynamic and Fast-paced environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 17, 2013
Pros: great fast expanding company with plenty opportunities to excel!
Cons: structure and ratio management to associates. too many opinions in such small environment !
Stellar place to learn and to advance management skill set!!

Highlights of the store:

Hectic
Accountability plays major role
High Energy, Passion for the Brand, and Drive for results are core competencies

Not for everybody. If you cant own your business and decisions then you are most likely to fail in this company!!

The hardest part is HOURS of – more... STANDING ON YOUR FEET !!
The most enjoyable part is MICHAEL Kors Culture and moments !! – less
Great company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), East Rutherford, NJNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great discounts and benefits
Michael Kors is a great company to work for. They really know how to make a family out of anyone that works with them and can easily get along with any and everyone in the company.
Fun and challenging role
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 30, 2013
I used to sale to targets and always made sure I achieve them.
I learned managerial skills.
Working at Michael Kors was great! Wonderful, exciting environment. Everything about that company is customer service at its best
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 22, 2013
I loved working here I wish I was able to stay there but I had to move
Excellent Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJOctober 21, 2013
Pros: exceptional benefits, wardrobe allowance, commission
Cons: advancement through corporate
From day to day associates develop relationships with potential and existing clients to add to clientele book. I create consumer awareness promotional efforts to meet store initiative such as Watch Hunger Stop campaign. I assist managers on updating weekly flash sales reports to track completion of corporate goals and update fellow associates on goals. – more... I learned how to demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge to consistently achieve and exceed top tier sales goals. I also handled purchases and returns in high volume during sale events while providing top customer service. Through the experience of assisting customers I learned how to pull looks for specific customers and add on to the sale. The coworkers and managers are the most pleasant and easy going individuals to work with also. At the store we are a real team and work together to exceed our goals. – less
High paced, demanding work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), NYOctober 15, 2013
Demanding work environment due to high volume of product as well as foot traffic.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2013
building clientele. Cashiering. Greeting and Engaging Customers. Answering phone calls. Strong customer service skills. Stocking.
Fun workplace, fast phase, international customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
Amazing company, great discount, amazing work staff. They are understanding and work with your working schedule.
Friendly Environmet, and Product Knowledge along with Customer Service is Awesome
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Hilton Head, SCSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: wonderful environment
I believe that Mr. Kors would be pleased with the way his Hilton Head Store is being ran. The experience in the store is overwhelmingly incredible. The brand is five star quality as well as the services provided within the store.
Productive, competitive, and fun place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hurst, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free clothes/shoes, discount
Cons: hours varied
Fast paced, competitive atmosphere. Co-workers and management were like a small family. I learned how to really rely on selling techniques to help store progress.
Luxury Brand whose Outlet Division is currently attempting to recreate itself.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEAugust 19, 2013
The hardest part of the job was working for a Supervisor that was promoted to a title that was beyond her know-how.

I grew to have a passion for the business and grew to be quite savvy with the different reporting grids and got along very well with my peers; whether they be customers or co workers.
Fun, chic, luxe and a ton of fun! Fabulous place to work.
Luxury Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2013
Michael Kors was a great company to work for and I miss working there terribly after relocated to finish my degree in Fashion Marketing and Fashion Management. While there we learned how to customize service specific to whomever we were assisting. With Michael Kors being a "life-style" store, we were instructed on how to use various items to use for – more... suggestion in regards to whatever the client was admiring. My co-workers were amazing, we all worked very hard and always put the store first. Hardest part of the job was having to leave and the most enjoyable was working for such amazing management. – less
mostly good
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2013
working here i feel as if i am a manager but i have a supervisor title. i ensure the highest quality of customer service while managing stock and overseeing the sales floor.
Fun work place
SALES ASSOCIATE/ MANAGER IN TRAINING (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good breaks, fun managers
Cons: so many purses.....
I had a blast working for MK, the managers always made the job a challenge but fun. Being in Vegas you get to meet people from all over the world, which is exciting in itself. Good breaks, high standards of employment. Just a good place to be if you can get in.

About Michael Kors

Michael Kors dresses the stars, both real and imagined. The company designs, distributes, and sells high-fashion apparel, footwear, – Read more

Michael Kors Photos