Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Busy, yet enjoyable workplace
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON14 June 2017
It is a very fast paced and busy retail store to work for. Coworkers are absolutely great. Also good perks for working there, such as a given wardrobe for employees.
Fun Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC7 June 2017
Really did enjoy my time with Michael Kors. Had a lot of benefits, but had to leave to go back to school. Management was very professional, and everything was organized.
Nice company / Poor pay / Awful experience
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
This is based on one particular location, not all Michael Kors.
A typical day included minding your own business, go in to work complete your 8 hours and run out as soon as you could.
Management did not celebrate nor coach.
Culture? Just make sure you look pretty...
The hardest part of my job would be trying to do my job when the entire store was bullying you. The new girl comes in to work, and that was too much of a change for the lazyness that was fostered.
Pros
Great incentives (employee discount / free clothing), Fun seasonal meetings in hotels to learn about new product launches.
Cons
Pay was terrible, sales associates were making more than first level of management, no motivation from management, dull place
fun place
Sales Associate (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
fun environment to work at especially meeting different people and you get to play dress up when its dead. its a pretty nice place to work at with friendly people
constantly given tasks and ensuring the store is detailed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 February 2017
I learned a lot about the products and background of the company and Michael himself. I was able to satisfy customers with my fast learning about the products and answer all of their questions to my ability. The employees were great always happy to be there and committed to their job. Management team was good. They were always ensuring that we were representing the store as supposed to.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2017
Great place to work with great staff, Discount is a huge benefit and its exciting to learn so much about the brand! Head office is very organised and always like to keep up to date with what you're doing and how you're finding it.
Fast paced fashion house with endless opportunities for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
Fast paced fashion house with endless opportunities for growth. Company is very invested in its employees. Strong focus on daily training and company culture instilled in all positions.
Learning Curve
Footwear Buyer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
This was essentially a turning point in my career. I am extremely proud to have acquired a position at MK. Being a dream company to work for. I quickly learned that just because we dream it and want, doesn't necessarily mean that it is what's best for us.
I did learn a lot about what drives a company to be so successful.

I still apply sales strategies and discipline that I learned at MK in my current job.
Fun Place To Work, Learn about the quality of fabrics and Brand Name
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
This company is a great company to work for if you are a full time student and need to make a few bucks to cover your expenses, however if you are looking to grow within the company, think again. Michael Kors is a fun and enjoyable environment, but it lacks the proper tools to understand the potential its employees have, especially at a sales associate level.
Pros
Fun, exciting, fashion
Cons
Work too much, management lacks experience, not considered a value to the company
very versatile work environment
Product Specialist, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
open the store or start my shift by getting a meeting about the day before, and the plan of the day. then i start helping customers and make sure i reach my goal everyday.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management
Great working environment
Sale ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 April 2016
Working at Micheal Kors has elevated my skills that are required to be an excellent sale associate and Micheal Kors employee. My co-workers has built a team , in which everyone part takes in their responsibilities and delivers their full extent and ability to to manage high brand store smooth and effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply attending work and demonstrating to the customer customer service and help through the strong support of the company. The typical days was always a great date. I have learned and have taken many information , skill and experience that has contributed not only my work life but also personal and for that I am grateful for the opportunity I had.
Great employer
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2016
Great employer, great place to grow. Coworkers were all very friendly and management pushed for the best out of employees.
Productive, friendly and fun place to work and gain knowledge for future career.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2016
Some of the challenges is working under pressure but you learn to work under it and finish your job in a good manner and pace.
I have learned and improved myself in many things such as in customer service, cashier activities and multitasking.
My coworkers and bosses are exceptional, we all help each other in things we need help with. As well, we learn from each other and that is what it makes it a great team.
3/5
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2016
Great compensation (Salary + Commission), Poor leadership within the company and awful hours. Very hard to take time off and expect a lot of your time. Many work perks (Clothing allowance, benifits Etc)
hair
Jetset Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
the job is nice. The management is alright. Some women are a little nicer than others. Try there best to be professional.
Hardest part can be fulfilling the needs of jetset hostess based on appearance. Tattoos cannot be visible and hair must be natural and kept. However as a Caribbean young woman braid are cultural, however not accepted. That is a draw back.
Poor Management
Jet Set Host (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 February 2016
I was honestly disappointed with the lack of professionalism shown by the management team and other employees. Besides the salary being good, I didn't feel I was apart of a team. Only certain members made me feel like my position was valued at the establishment. I would not recommend working there as when you try to grow and move up in the business, they hold you back and stall your growth.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, great hours
Cons
Terrible management, arrogant employees
Agréable, belle équipe
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC12 January 2016
Nous sommes une belle équipe, dynamique, les journées passe vite.
Lead Stock Associate, in charge of Stockroom.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
From Shipping and Receiving, to floor stocking, to Inventory adjustments. I was in charge of making sure the backroom was organized and easy to find product for old and new coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Backroom space constraints.
Very low wages
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 August 2015
Pros
discount is great. get to wardrobe from each collection. everyone i super excited about the product
Cons
not very many hours. commission checks are only at the end of the month. have to be rather pushy sometimes.
Communicative
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  mississauga, on26 May 2015
Michael Kors has advanced my communicative skills. This is my first retail job, and it has thought me how to handle different types of people with different requests. Along with communicative skills, it has also thought me product knowledge. I know better to look t products that may be defective and how to handle customers who are unsatisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.