Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amzing workplace with friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee), niagara fallsJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: long hours standing
It was an amzinf job with so many perks and fun loving people to work with i truly enjoyed every moment of it.
Productive and fun workplace surrounded by good people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: being surrounded by good people
Cons: long hours
- I learned how to interact with people more
- how to help out customers
- helping out people and pointing them to what they need was enjoyable
Productive and fun company to work fo
Brand Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGAugust 14, 2014
Pros: large and challenging job roles
Cons: difficulty to progressample: long hours
MK was a good company to gain experience in all aspects of the business. You have a certain control over your concession and run it as your own business. You always have support and constant contact with head office.

The only problem I found was the challenge in moving up despite outperforming targets constanlty and really developing the brand in a – more... new market. – less
Exciting place to learn about a brand
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHAugust 13, 2014
Typical day would be converting traffic into sales. I learned about what a handbag is used to accessorize with.
Learned the workings back of house
Store Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Not much room for growth. Manager needs to adjust her conversations with employees
FUN PLACE TO WORK , SO CHIC
Sales Associate / Key Holder / Head Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: fun fun fun
Cons: minimum wage
Love this place. Constantly keeping in fashion and being styled by the iconic Michael Kors.

Workplace is crisp and clean and fun.

People are always smiling and happy to assist one another.
great benefits
Shop Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 1, 2014
Every day is different due to the nature of the retail and whole sale business. You never know what to expect so thinking on your toes is a must.
Fun and energetic environment to work in
Stylist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: fun environment, fun people, wardrobing
Cons: 30 minute breaks pass by fast
Meet sales goals
Interact with clients on a friend basis
Managers are easy to work with
Must keep up with client book after each work day
Wardrobing is always fun
Sales Assistant
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 28, 2014
I have worked at Michael Kors for three holiday seasons now and I enjoy it very much. The environment is amazing and filled with life. The employee's at Michael Kors help one another and teach each other the key points of a Michael Kors Jet Set sales associate. I enjoyed this position very much because it is such a welcoming environment with styles – more... to die for. – less
Awesome
FT Sales Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 22, 2014
Very cool company to work for! Awesome product and a great experience to be a part of the fastest growing luxury brand in the world!
Productive and always something to do.
Lead Stock/Inventory (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2014
Since this was retail and never had a set schedule, but I usually worked during the week only. I would usually get to work and take the trash out right away, followed up with checking emails. The email would tell me what product was coming in today and for the week, so then I would be able to prep and condense to make room for anything that was coming – more... in. I would receive shipments from UPS/FedEx and have to scan everything in and make sure all the units matched with the proper ID and bar code on the boxes. I would sometimes have to check prices and make sure they came in priced correctly. At the end of the day I would organize and keep back room clean.

I really enjoyed everyone I worked with and had a great time at work. One of the worse things I would have to do is unstuff some of the handbags and that would just take forever. I loved receiving the shipments that I was able to make room for because the entire process would run smooth. – less
Fast Paced Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Challenging company, very difficult to work cross departmentally due to scheduling and lack of available time.

Personalities are very challenging.
Great place to work with the best staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 12, 2014
Michael Kors is a great company to work for. They reward you with a variety of incentives for excelling and meeting your daily/monthly goals. The management and associates were professional and worked hard as a team.
Decent work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJuly 11, 2014
During holiday season it is fast paced which can get hectic.
Challenging, Fun, Interesting
Sales assistant at flagship store (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 4, 2014
Pros: product knowledge, diverse selection of customers
Cons: long hours
Customer service can be difficult at times however you develop your own personal style when approaching and assisting customers. It is interesting meeting people from all over the world and helping them with fashion decisions.
na
Store Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 30, 2014
enjoyable company to work for.
would recommend any person to Michael Kors
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assocaite (Current Employee), Gilroy, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: learning experience, great atmosphere, excellent staff
Cons: nonflexible schedule, no weekends off
I have happily spent two and a half years at Micheal Kors. This company basically taught me everything I know about how to make a customer feel special and how to learn about products. I really liked this job, even if there wasn't a whole lot of opportunity to get ahead or to change your job title. The management team are made up of very kind individuals – more... who for the most part understand when things arise in ones personal life. They try to make the atmosphere all about family and working together and, surprisingly, for a job with almost all female employees there is rarely any "girl drama", for lack of a better term. The managers are very good at keeping "girl drama" out of the workplace and for as long as I've worked here if they noticed any drama such as snarky remarks or verbal attacks on or off the floor they have professionally and privately settled the issues. There is not one girl who acts cruelly to any other girl. That's very important, a healthy work atmosphere that is about business and not about any llama drama.

When I first started working at Micheal Kors they had agreed to work with my school schedule and that was also very important to me. They usually are a very pro-education company and so long as you're available every holiday and weekend they're pretty understanding. The bad part about this is that you need to be available /every/ Weekend. You never get a weekend off just because or even one day out of the weekend just because. This isn't that surprising because this is the standard for retail life, so I suppose I'm just venting for the sake of venting. Besides, if you request your weekend off with enough time in advanced the management team usually approves the request unless multiple people have asked off that day, and the managers try and make it a priority to give birthdays off even if it is a Saturday or a Sunday.

The company takes Luxury and Customer Service very seriously. Employees are extensively trained in the jetset service and the jetset lifestyle. If you're looking to be trained in a chic, intelligent, fashion-foreword atmosphere that takes the job into a lifestyle this certainly is the place for you. You simply need to have a want to learn about products and a passion for fashion! Here you will learn how to identify the wants and needs of customers, and should they not want or need anything you will learn how to create it by simply asking questions. On a personal level working at Michael Kors will toughen your skin and make you a more confident woman (or man). Working here has taught me to take chances, to actively seek out the sale, to be bold.

The hardest part of the job is working with customers whom are having a bad day and whom feel they need to take it out on you, though once again anyone who works a retail job has to deal with this. This problem isn't special. The next closest difficulty with the job would have to be memorizing product knowledge and or the style in which employees are trained to sell. The selling style is different in this establishment than in most other establishments.

The best part of this job had to be learning about the proper dialogue and learning how to talk with customers and shop with them instead of sell to them.

So, why am I looking for a new job? It has been brought to my attention that my schedule for school this semester can't be worked with. Normally Michael Kors works with school schedules but presently they are short staffed and are in need of employees with open-availability. Until there are more employees at Michael Kors I cannot work there any longer because Education takes first priority for me. If you have open availability I strongly recommend you apply to work at Michael Kors, it's a wonderful experience that you will not soon regret. – less
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: flexible, progressive, salary
Cons: customer traffic during slow seasons.
Working at Michael Kors I can always expect an upbeat sporadic atmosphere while, but simultaneously a professional work environment. They allow me to be myself when interacting with customers. Great company to work for.
Exciting Work Environment
Empowered Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: amazing team
Cons: employee benefits
Most exciting work environment.The amount of time and energy you put into the company is truly rewarding and fulfilling.
Successful and fun work environment. Great team.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 9, 2014
I absolutely loved my time at Michael Kors. I worked there for about three years and it helped me gain more knowledge about the luxury fashion world.

1 2 3 4 5

About Michael Kors

Michael Kors dresses the stars, both real and imagined. The company designs, distributes, and sells high-fashion apparel, footwear, – Read more

Michael Kors Photos