Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Fun Place To Work, Learn about the quality of fabrics and Brand Name
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
This company is a great company to work for if you are a full time student and need to make a few bucks to cover your expenses, however if you are looking to grow within the company, think again. Michael Kors is a fun and enjoyable environment, but it lacks the proper tools to understand the potential its employees have, especially at a sales associate level.
Pros
Fun, exciting, fashion
Cons
Work too much, management lacks experience, not considered a value to the company
Learning Curve
Footwear Buyer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
This was essentially a turning point in my career. I am extremely proud to have acquired a position at MK. Being a dream company to work for. I quickly learned that just because we dream it and want, doesn't necessarily mean that it is what's best for us.
I did learn a lot about what drives a company to be so successful.

I still apply sales strategies and discipline that I learned at MK in my current job.
Great working environment
Sale ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 April 2016
Working at Micheal Kors has elevated my skills that are required to be an excellent sale associate and Micheal Kors employee. My co-workers has built a team , in which everyone part takes in their responsibilities and delivers their full extent and ability to to manage high brand store smooth and effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply attending work and demonstrating to the customer customer service and help through the strong support of the company. The typical days was always a great date. I have learned and have taken many information , skill and experience that has contributed not only my work life but also personal and for that I am grateful for the opportunity I had.
Poor Management
Jet Set Host (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 February 2016
I was honestly disappointed with the lack of professionalism shown by the management team and other employees. Besides the salary being good, I didn't feel I was apart of a team. Only certain members made me feel like my position was valued at the establishment. I would not recommend working there as when you try to grow and move up in the business, they hold you back and stall your growth.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, great hours
Cons
Terrible management, arrogant employees
very versatile work environment
Product Specialist, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2016
open the store or start my shift by getting a meeting about the day before, and the plan of the day. then i start helping customers and make sure i reach my goal everyday.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management
Great employer
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2016
Great employer, great place to grow. Coworkers were all very friendly and management pushed for the best out of employees.
hair
Jetset Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
the job is nice. The management is alright. Some women are a little nicer than others. Try there best to be professional.
Hardest part can be fulfilling the needs of jetset hostess based on appearance. Tattoos cannot be visible and hair must be natural and kept. However as a Caribbean young woman braid are cultural, however not accepted. That is a draw back.
3/5
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2016
Great compensation (Salary + Commission), Poor leadership within the company and awful hours. Very hard to take time off and expect a lot of your time. Many work perks (Clothing allowance, benifits Etc)
Productive, friendly and fun place to work and gain knowledge for future career.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2016
Some of the challenges is working under pressure but you learn to work under it and finish your job in a good manner and pace.
I have learned and improved myself in many things such as in customer service, cashier activities and multitasking.
My coworkers and bosses are exceptional, we all help each other in things we need help with. As well, we learn from each other and that is what it makes it a great team.
Lead Stock Associate, in charge of Stockroom.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
From Shipping and Receiving, to floor stocking, to Inventory adjustments. I was in charge of making sure the backroom was organized and easy to find product for old and new coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Backroom space constraints.
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB5 May 2015
This company is good to work for they are great to employees and good management who are easy to talk to and visit often. I spend most my time leading the sales team pushing them to sell according to Michael Kors policies
Productive and fun workplace surrounded by good people
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 January 2013
- I learned how to interact with people more
- how to help out customers
- helping out people and pointing them to what they need was enjoyable
Pros
being surrounded by good people
Very low wages
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 August 2015
Pros
discount is great. get to wardrobe from each collection. everyone i super excited about the product
Cons
not very many hours. commission checks are only at the end of the month. have to be rather pushy sometimes.
Communicative
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  mississauga, on26 May 2015
Michael Kors has advanced my communicative skills. This is my first retail job, and it has thought me how to handle different types of people with different requests. Along with communicative skills, it has also thought me product knowledge. I know better to look t products that may be defective and how to handle customers who are unsatisfied.
Amzing workplace with friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  niagara falls21 January 2013
It was an amzinf job with so many perks and fun loving people to work with i truly enjoyed every moment of it.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
long hours standing
Fast paced, energetic, great company
Sr. Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2014
As a selling supervisor it was a great position for me, my daily task would be,
*make sure staff were meeting hourly sales goals,
*Create daily and monthly reports,
*Build and maintain clientele
*coach staff to better increase performance
*scheduling
*payroll
Pros
fast paced, good hours
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 March 2015
It was a fairly easy position in sales, had to interact with customers and provide them with the products that they wanted. Commission was pretty good.
Fun enviornment, dynamic
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 February 2015
Selling brand name items to customers who are very fond of the brand. Young and enthusiastic co workers who put their best foot forward.
Productive and Fun Environment
Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 January 2015
-Great Managment
-Lots of hands on
-Get to work with many different types of clients
Agréable, belle équipe
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC12 January 2016
Nous sommes une belle équipe, dynamique, les journées passe vite.