Michael D. Schultz & Associates Professional Corporation is committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. As a firm, we strive to create an environment which will enable and encourage employees to develop and utilize their talents and experiences to the greatest degree possible in order to maximize individual job satisfaction and to meet the goals and objectives of the Firm.
We are looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join Michael D. Schultz & Associates Professional Corporation as an Intermediate to Senior Staff Accountant in London, Ontario.
Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients’ satisfaction. Proactively maintain contact with the client throughout the year. Direct fieldwork, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage staff performance. Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations. Use Technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Prepare audit and review engagement files, financial statements and personal and corporate tax returns.
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding position that offers an excellent opportunity for career advancement, candidates must have:
- a minimum of 2-4 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm, or particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) designation or in final stage of completing qualifications for designation
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and good working knowledge of CaseWare or similar accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
This is a permanent and full time position starting as soon as possible