MiTek Industries Inc. is a global corporation belonging to the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio. MiTek is a provider of total solutions to the residential and commercial construction industry through a large network of wood truss manufacturers with our state of the art software and world leading metal connectors and machinery.
We are currently seeking a professional engineer to join our engineering department. The position is based in our Bradford Ontario office. The successful candidate will provide analysis and design of structural wood / timber truss frames, engineered wood products (EWP) and other structural building components for residential, commercial and agricultural buildings. In addition they will provide field modification details when site conditions are different from those shown on design drawings.
- Provides expertise in truss frame analysis and design
- Verifies and seals engineering drawings
- Detailing of wood-to-wood connections for light framed wood construction projects
- Writes letters of professional opinion to customers
- Prepares field modification details
- Mentors junior engineers and technologists as required
- Provides engineering advice and software technical support to customers by phone
Skills and credentials:
- Degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Must be a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) registered in any province in Canada
- Minimum 5 yrs working experience
- Must be skilled to use a personal computer and MS Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to communicate with customers clearly and effectively
- Previous Wood / timber design experience is a definite asset
- Knowledge of MiTek or other truss design software packages is a definite asset
In addition to growth opportunities, the company offers a competitive salary and a full range of employee benefits. We thank all applicants in advance for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications may be submitted through this website or directly with the company via mail / Email. No phone calls please.
Visit www.mitek.ca for further information.