MiTek Canada, Inc. an international leader in the manufacture of metal plate connectors and in the design of roof and floor trusses, is seeking a candidate for the following position:
Intermediate Systems Administrator
(Windows, AD, Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop & XenApp, VMware ESX and MS SharePoint)
The successful candidate’s main focus will be to maintain Windows Servers, physical and virtualized servers, desktops and applications as well as Cisco networking equipment.
The candidate should be able to quickly diagnose and resolve workstation, server and application problems that arise in the environment and resolve the issue in a timely manner.
Occasional overtime or weekend work may be required for maintenance.
- Perform software installations/updates, configuration, maintenance and documentation of Windows Servers, Citrix XenServer, XenApp and XenDesktop as well as VMware ESX environment
- Develop and document processes and best practices for the duties responsible for
- Ensure the highest level of availability, reliability and performance for the virtualized environment
- Transfer knowledge to other members of the IT Team to improve support
- Support and administer Citrix and VMware environments
- Support and administer MS SharePoint site
- Support internal customers
- 5+ years experience with MS Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- 3+ years experience with Citrix XenServer, XenApp and XenDesktop
- 3+ years experience with VMware ESX and vShpere
- 3+ years experience with SharePoint
- Good working knowledge in MS Active Directory, Group Policies and access control.
- Candidate must possess excellent technical, verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively without direct supervision as well as work well with a team
- Cisco ASA and switches
- iSCSI/Fiber Channel SAN
- Avaya Aura v6.x IP phone system
- Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager)
In addition to growth opportunities, the company offers a competitive salary and a full range of employee benefits.
Applications by telephone will not be accepted. Cover Letter and resume must be received no later than July 20, 2013. We thank all applicants in advance for their submissions, however, only those qualified will be contacted.