Employment Opportunity- Mi’kmawey School
Position: Elementary Teacher Grade1/2
Terms of Employment: Full-Time
Term: Present-June 2014 Possibility of renewal
Closing Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Credentials: Bachelor of Education
- Fluency in Mi’kmaq language considered an asset
- Experience or high level of interest in First Nation Education and culture
- Flexible and embraces experiential learning and Mi’kmaq pedagogy
- Ability to work as member of a team and with a firm understanding of professional ethics
- Ability to develop positive rapport with students and community
- Enjoy and have skills in physical activity
- Commitment to personal health and physical fitness
- Ability and willingness to participate in activities that will enhance the communication flow, and the image of Mi’kmawey School, and the community of Chapel Island.
- Ability to perform some non-teaching duties and extra-curricular activities such as coaching and organizing sports teams for the school.
Security and Safety: Criminal record check must be completed and passed prior to successful candidate’s start date. Candidates must submit child abuse registry check.