MFS Investment Management Employee Reviews

Intern. Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA2 June 2017
My typical day at work was usually scanning, copying, filing, creating powerpoints and other simple things while my seniors did the more tedious things. My supervisor was super cool and friendly, she checked up on me and we had fun conversations. My seniors always tried their best to make sure I was't bored. The office building was connected to a mall so it was a nice way to spend my lunch break
Pros
great security
stuffy
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA25 May 2017
Not a fun company to work for everyone was isolated. the managers were no help. Felt like they were all in a fish bowl. there was nothing enjoyable about i
Not very flexible
Institutional Sales and Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA14 April 2017
Company was still managing a lot of business processes on paper which made some tasks inefficient and tedious. little by little they have been able to integrate more
Is a stress place to work for
Supervisor of the Home Based Program 0-3 years (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, IL11 April 2017
It was extremely challenging having to work two jobs with one salary. Due to being forced to complete other staff responsibility and not having time to do the job I was hire for. The lack of appreciation and unprofessional from the staff make it very challenging to continue working in the environment.
Pros
It was nice working with the different families cultures
Cons
No support from the upper management
Northeastern Co-op
Identity Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA7 April 2017
This was a 6 month co-op I did through Northeastern. I basically monitored a queue and reported to other co-workers about problems that arose or issues with pass-words for example.
Pros
Great first place to get experience
Cons
It was more of an IT job while I was an Economics major
Very productive environment, good work life balance
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA31 March 2017
Always looking for inefficiencies and willing to spend the money to improve them. A lot of opportunities to grow IF you are up to the task. Unbelievably talented group of individuals, everyone is willing to sit down with you and teach you something you don't know.
Pros
Location, culture, employee appreciation
Cons
Financial industry regulations
Great company. Downsizing currently as money flows out of active managers.
Derivatives Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA29 March 2017
I liked the company a lot. Smart people. A lot of contract work though. Never had a bad day hear. Basic 40 hour weeks. Would work here again full time
Great culture, good opportunity
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA8 March 2017
In IT department, the work culture is the most outstanding. Everyone respects others, works together. Management always listen to your concern on your future as well as problem occur during work.
Management is bossy
Software QA Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA7 March 2017
Management is bossy, unwanted micromanagement from managers,
no support to laterals from old employees.
Good location, work life balance is a pro.
Good salary.
Easy to use.
Salesforce Adminstrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts2 September 2016
Powerful reporting tools that gives us the business intelligence we need for our pipeline based on our product lines, and also based on where they are in the sales pipeline.Easy to customize to create custom fields. Easy to use
Productive and encouraging work place and ethic, relaxing yet professional vibe.
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA23 August 2016
I enjoyed my time working at MFS Investment Management, as a Public & Media Relations intern.

A typical day involved performing market research by conducting interviews and surveys to obtain primary customer feedback. Everyday, I filtered through articles and mentions of MFS in the media and then set out to send an internal email of these mentions to 120 of my fellow coworkers. Additionally, I partnered with the Marketing and of course the rest of the Public Media Relations team using social media marketing to create adverts and powerful slogans used within and around MFS.
Pros
Free coffee, office kitchen, safe building, easy access to manager.
Cons
No cons
6 Month Co-op
Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA17 August 2016
A lot of people who work here never leaves so I see very little room for advancement. As an intern, the program was very inclusive and really assisted you in trying to figure out a career path.
Good stable company
Senior IT Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA19 July 2016
Good stable company. Forward thinking.Tries to be proactive to the market instead of reactive. Good communication about what the company is doing and planning.
A positive experience
Design Director/Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA30 June 2016
In my 12 years here, I saw a conservative brand transform itself into a forward thinking, client centric enterprise.
Great for your personal, but not your professional life.
Quantitative Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA10 May 2016
I have a very flexible schedule and really like my colleagues, but internal promotions and/or lateral moves between teams are unlikely.
Great place to work, wonderful people, great culture.
EPMO Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA1 April 2016
I was there as a contractor doing communications for the EPMO office and had a great experience. they really care about their staff and there is little politics and bureaucracy. I would go back again.
Fantastic Opportunity of College Interns/Co-ops
Enterprise Architecture Part-Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA15 March 2016
Great place to intern or do a co-op. The management is fairly patient in explaining things and provided you do well in your task, you will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge as they assign you bigger tasks.
A great place to work!
Contract- presentation specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA2 December 2015
Everyone at MFS works hard and plays hard. It is a great company to learn humanitarianism from. This company takes pride in its workers and clients by hosting events from charities to compliance trainings. They are very serious about the privacy of their clients and makes sure that the rules put in place are for the clients benefits.
Pros
free random lunches
Cons
if the stock market is open you are working! lol
Exciting work environment in fast paced Investment Management Industry
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA16 November 2015
Great company to work for on the Investment Management side, a little less exciting and rewarding in other departments.
Great work culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA13 September 2015
I was trusted with challenging tasks that helped me grow professionally. I met people from different departments and offices and 99% people were very pleasant, friendly, and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MFS Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval