MFS Investment Management Employee Reviews

A positive experience
Design Director/Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2016
In my 12 years here, I saw a conservative brand transform itself into a forward thinking, client centric enterprise.
Great for your personal, but not your professional life.
Quantitative Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2016
I have a very flexible schedule and really like my colleagues, but internal promotions and/or lateral moves between teams are unlikely.
Great place to work, wonderful people, great culture.
EPMO Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2016
I was there as a contractor doing communications for the EPMO office and had a great experience. they really care about their staff and there is little politics and bureaucracy. I would go back again.
Fantastic Opportunity of College Interns/Co-ops
Enterprise Architecture Part-Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2016
Great place to intern or do a co-op. The management is fairly patient in explaining things and provided you do well in your task, you will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge as they assign you bigger tasks.
A great place to work!
Contract- presentation specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2015
Everyone at MFS works hard and plays hard. It is a great company to learn humanitarianism from. This company takes pride in its workers and clients by hosting events from charities to compliance trainings. They are very serious about the privacy of their clients and makes sure that the rules put in place are for the clients benefits.
Pros
free random lunches
Cons
if the stock market is open you are working! lol
Exciting work environment in fast paced Investment Management Industry
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2015
Great company to work for on the Investment Management side, a little less exciting and rewarding in other departments.
Great work culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2015
I was trusted with challenging tasks that helped me grow professionally. I met people from different departments and offices and 99% people were very pleasant, friendly, and helpful.
Qualified Plan Services with MFS Investment, Boston, MA
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2015
First position with MFS Investment in Boston. I learned so much about funds, investments and other products. I loved the people and the culture. My co-workers were friendly and professional.
Worked as a temp
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2015
Fun company located on Boylston Street. Learned a lot while I was an employee there. Had a lot of RFP exposure, worked directly with the RFP Team, and also worked under the umbrella of the Compliance department.
Awesome place to work
Technical Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2015
I started as an admin and really got to know the people and the culture. I then moved to IT, to the help desk and loved it. I supported Microsoft applications, network and applications written in-house. The best part of the day was collaborating with my co-workers and learning new things and facing challenges together. There was a real sense of being a team. The hardest part of the job was being laid off when they outsourced the help desk. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, benefits culture, open-door management
Good People
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 18, 2015
The company is a great place to work that consistently hires people with open friendly personalities. Would definitely want to return if I was staying in the city.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No a consistent amount of work
Amazing place to work
Investment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BostonMarch 9, 2015
The culture here is wonderful. You are part of a collaborative community that works together. My manager as an individual - not great.
Good
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
MFS is a great starting point for your career and I have learned a lot from the training program and the smart, dynamic people who work there.
A good place to start a career.
Senior Rep (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Good company culture, with a view to a balance of life and work. Good benefits and pay. A relaxed atmosphere. A diverse and fun group of co-workers.
just another financial firm
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2014
The kind of place you get into then stay forever and retire. Most people on the low to mid level of the org are just drones, keep to themselves and do the work they do because, well, that's what pays the bills. Every decision requires a meeting.
Great Benefits
Senior Asset Controller (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2014
MFS is a great company to work for.Their benefits are hard to beat and there is a great work/life balance. MFS definitly cares for their employees.
Pros
health benefits & company culture
Cons
on the job training could be improved.
a place to work your entire career
(IRA) marketing campaign (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2014
Overall, a great company, tenured staff and a balanced work/life.
A blast, and something you would never guess
SALES AGENT, TRAINER, MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2014
This company took me to the moon and back. My knowledge of how to communicate in the world today grew exponentially daily. I traveled to every state imaginable and then some, also traveling outside of the U.S. I never paid for gas, insurance, paid very little for hotels, and met people from all over. There is a certain deviance from truth that arose in the business daily, it made one question their very morals and what they were willing to do for money. But, overall I learned more about myself and the world through this company and all of its affiliates than I have in any other job or event in my life
not interested in reporting
Regional Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2014
A great group of hard workers at this agency. I enjoyed my work and the product that we sold was superior.
Made investment recommendations to portfolio managers within the municipal bond dept
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2014
I started at MFS as an intern during my last year of College. I attended Boston College in the evenings while working. I learned a tremendous amount during my ten years at MFS. I enjoy researching and problem-solving. I am also very organized and detail oriented which I loved about my job.