MFS Investment Management Employee Reviews

Management is bossy
Software QA Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA7 March 2017
Management is bossy, unwanted micromanagement from managers,
no support to laterals from old employees.
Good location, work life balance is a pro.
Good salary.
Productive and encouraging work place and ethic, relaxing yet professional vibe.
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA23 August 2016
I enjoyed my time working at MFS Investment Management, as a Public & Media Relations intern.

A typical day involved performing market research by conducting interviews and surveys to obtain primary customer feedback. Everyday, I filtered through articles and mentions of MFS in the media and then set out to send an internal email of these mentions to 120 of my fellow coworkers. Additionally, I partnered with the Marketing and of course the rest of the Public Media Relations team using social media marketing to create adverts and powerful slogans used within and around MFS.
Pros
Free coffee, office kitchen, safe building, easy access to manager.
Cons
No cons
Awesome place to work
Technical Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA23 August 2015
I started as an admin and really got to know the people and the culture. I then moved to IT, to the help desk and loved it. I supported Microsoft applications, network and applications written in-house. The best part of the day was collaborating with my co-workers and learning new things and facing challenges together. There was a real sense of being a team. The hardest part of the job was being laid off when they outsourced the help desk. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, benefits culture, open-door management
A great place to work!
Contract- presentation specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA2 December 2015
Everyone at MFS works hard and plays hard. It is a great company to learn humanitarianism from. This company takes pride in its workers and clients by hosting events from charities to compliance trainings. They are very serious about the privacy of their clients and makes sure that the rules put in place are for the clients benefits.
Pros
free random lunches
Cons
if the stock market is open you are working! lol
Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Desktop Design & Publishing Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA1 December 2013
Great people and great benefits with a big focus on the work/life balance. I cherish the relationships I have made here over the years and appreciate the team-oriented environment that is fostered. One of the biggest challenges continues to be to trying to manage and meet the increasing production deadlines with limited resources available. Overall, MFS is a great company where I feel I could flourish further in my career if opportunities were to be presented however I seem to have hit my maximum tenure here and without any new or exciting options to pursue, I am now taking my search outside of the firm.
Pros
Jeans day on Fridays
Cons
Too much managing up and not enough advocacy for the teams below
6 Month Co-op
Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA17 August 2016
A lot of people who work here never leaves so I see very little room for advancement. As an intern, the program was very inclusive and really assisted you in trying to figure out a career path.
Great company, bad attitude.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Quincy Ma21 May 2012
Although a great mutual fund company to work for, they leave a lot to be desired in their treatment of employee's. They interviewed me at the Boylston St Address. Told me I was hired, and that the customer service department was moving to Quincy the next day. This was NOT a distance I would have found acceptable prior to being offered the job. I was desperate, so accepted the position. Only then did I find out their draconian polices on attendance. No leniency was given to employee's who had to take the Red Line. Through no fault of our own were were routinely late, the red line regularly broke down with us on it... MFS was NOT understanding about this.

This was 2008-2009. Perhaps they have come to understand that they are no longer located in the center of Boston. If they have realized this, then they are a fine company to work for. If they have yet to realize this, pass on the offer.
Pros
benefits, experience, history.
Cons
work life balance of zero.
Great Training Program
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ6 May 2014
This was my start in the financial services industry. By far the best part of working at MFS was its three week training program. Not having any experience in the industry, this training still benefits me today. I started out as a contractor and was offered full time employment. After that time, I was also offered additional training for Retirment Services and accounts. This training was also top notch. The only draw back to this position was the limited opportunities for growth. MFS would not sponsor me to get the Series 7. This and the relatively low compensation were the primary reasons I eventually left.
Pros
Great training, great hours
Cons
Would not sponsor my Series 7 license, low pay, limited opportunity for growth
Easy to use.
Salesforce Adminstrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts2 September 2016
Powerful reporting tools that gives us the business intelligence we need for our pipeline based on our product lines, and also based on where they are in the sales pipeline.Easy to customize to create custom fields. Easy to use
Good stable company
Senior IT Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA19 July 2016
Good stable company. Forward thinking.Tries to be proactive to the market instead of reactive. Good communication about what the company is doing and planning.
Great Benefits
Senior Asset Controller (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA8 December 2014
MFS is a great company to work for.Their benefits are hard to beat and there is a great work/life balance. MFS definitly cares for their employees.
Pros
Health Benefits & Company Culture
Cons
On the job training could be improved.
Great for your personal, but not your professional life.
Quantitative Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA10 May 2016
I have a very flexible schedule and really like my colleagues, but internal promotions and/or lateral moves between teams are unlikely.
A positive experience
Design Director/Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA30 June 2016
In my 12 years here, I saw a conservative brand transform itself into a forward thinking, client centric enterprise.
A good place to start a career.
Senior Rep (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MA6 February 2015
Good company culture, with a view to a balance of life and work. Good benefits and pay. A relaxed atmosphere. A diverse and fun group of co-workers.
Fantastic Opportunity of College Interns/Co-ops
Enterprise Architecture Part-Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA15 March 2016
Great place to intern or do a co-op. The management is fairly patient in explaining things and provided you do well in your task, you will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge as they assign you bigger tasks.
Great place to work, wonderful people, great culture.
EPMO Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA1 April 2016
I was there as a contractor doing communications for the EPMO office and had a great experience. they really care about their staff and there is little politics and bureaucracy. I would go back again.
A quite and fast workplace. The benefit is excellent.
Processing Representative II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA25 May 2012
The company provides very good benefit. The health insurance premium is very low and under a good plan including dental. The bonus and rate give employees every year. The DCP distributes quarterly. 98% of my managers and 100% of my co-workers are very nice. However, most of my managers' professional knowledge are poor. Sometimes they can't help me right away. Some of my co-workers are not honest. They choose the easy work and walk around. I have to work very hard to keep my standard of productivity and quality. The handwriting on some new account applications is very hard to read.
Pros
free tea and crackers, cheap coffee.
Cons
no breaks, can't go to work late a minute.
Work Hard and Together
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA15 November 2013
The culture and people work hard each day to achieve their goals. The management is excellent and promotes a fun atmosphere that leads to productivity in their employees.
Exciting work environment in fast paced Investment Management Industry
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA16 November 2015
Great company to work for on the Investment Management side, a little less exciting and rewarding in other departments.
fun place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TX28 October 2013
every body gos out to work hard and a little fun inbeteewn not much more to tell its base work have a little fun but hard working
Pros
free lunch some time
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MFS Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.