Mexx

Mexx Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive working enviroment, excellent team.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Square one, Mississauga, ONOctober 29, 2014
Enjoyed helping customers and developed selling skills even further with guidance of team and management.
Working with Clothing all day
Mexx, Cashier/Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: boring
You would go in and start folding the clothes from the previous day, check the back for extra stock or merchandise which needs to go out on the floor. Check monthly floor layout plans to make sure that a new clothing display wasn't going up. Awesome co-workers made me feel wanted and appreciated. Management was okay for the most part.... Always grumpy
Good workplace, fast paced environment
sales associate advising and helping customers (Former Employee), Vaughan millsJune 6, 2014
When coming in we would clean and consistently clean for the customers to have an easy going shopping experience. i learned a lot about the business and the European culture in terms of clothing
the co-workers were nice and friendly. hardest part of the job was cleaning at the end of the day and best part was that you got first dibs on clothing.
Retail
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 1, 2014
If you enjoy retail then this a is a busy position for you! Do what you love in the fashion world.
positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2014
a typical day at work:
- reviewing promotions that were going in the store to ensure quality service when cashing customers out
- processing transactions
-handling money
what you learned:
- how to balance a till
-how to best service to customers while adhering to company policy to the best of my ability
management:
-easy going
- professional
your co-workers
- – more... team players
the hardest part of the job
- providing excellent service on busy days s/a boxing day or black Friday – less
Fun
Men`s Merchant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 8, 2014
This job was really great because it helped me improve on my customer service.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: not enough hours
It is a great place to work. Management and co-workers are very friendly.
Easy going work environment with friendly faces
Fashion consultant and cashier at Mexx (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: light traffic
Cons: unstable hours
- Easy going
- Low to medium traffic
- Disciplined with work rules and regulations
- Provides essential knowledge on WHMIS and product care
- Near area of residence
professional working space
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2013
Mexx taught me everything. My first sales representative and cashier experience. It helped me learn how to survive in a fast-paced environment. The manager was extremely professional and organized and strict which made us become the best at our position. I learned how to professionally deal with customers and providing them with the best service possible.
Constant change
Merchandise Planner (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2013
Fun place to work but Culture and Management team has changed since 2007
It was a great company to work for when I was there
General Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: did not feel challenged
I enjoyed working at Mexx, it was a great place to express your ideas and feel appreciated.
wasna bit slow due to location, but fun to work at
assist customers (Former Employee), Cookstown, ONNovember 16, 2012
A typical shift did not involve much for me other then cleaning and straightening. I was not there long enough to learn much. The co workers were nice and helpful.
Exciting and active workplace involving many different aspects of retail.
Assistant Manager/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMay 18, 2012
Having recently attended Fanshawe Colleges fashion merchandising program many aspects that I learnt can be transfered into my current workplace. I am responsible for completing in-store displays and managing my team as the assistant store manager. As a team we complete many daily tasks including weekly/monthly paperwork, opening/closing, store transfers, – more... stock replenishment and visual components to meet store needs. I really enjoy redesigning my store when new merchandise arrives and enhancing older visual displays. I also enjoy workign with such a strong, organized team that always gets tasks done when needed and connecting with one another to ensure our customers have an unforgetable shopping experience. – less
Environnement de travail agréable
Assistante-gérante (Current Employee), Rosemère, QCNovember 5, 2013
Il n'y a aucune journée identique a travailler chez Mexx. L'aspect le plus agréable est bien sur de travailler au service a la clientèle. Nous recevons une nouvelle collection dans l'homme, la femme et l'enfant pas mois, ce qui fait que nous avons beaucoup de visuel a travailler.
Environnement de travail satisfaisant
Counsellor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 31, 2013
une journée de travail typique
les opportunités de développement
le management
vos collaborateurs
l'aspect le plus difficile de votre poste
l'aspect le plus agréable de votre poste
très bonne ambiance de travail
Caissière et Vendeuse (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 19, 2012
Pros: 50% de rabais sur les vêtements
Cons: l'arriver des nouvelles collections
Je commençais par ouvrir ma caisse enregistreuse. Voir si mon espace de travail était bien organiser avant l'ouverture. Accueil les clients, les suivres dans leur demarche pour se choisir des vêtements et les faire payer.