Mexx Canada Employee Reviews

Super fun!
Responsable de l'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Super pretty staff! The clients are top notch! The ambiance is easy going and friendly! I will always work at MEXX! Management respect their employees!
great place
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 August 2017
this job was great but the company unfortunately doesn't exist any more. so it would be impossibly for anyone to pursue a career here anymore but it was a fantastic work environment.
I loves working here and the people were friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
This was a great job with very nice managers and coworkers. I only left this job because the company closed down. We had fun and also got work done in the time it needed to be done
Great company
Coordonnatrice des operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2017
Overall great company!
Teamwork, team trainings are good.

Good communication between management and staff.

Easy access to employees from the Head office
Retail experience
Full time sales associate required (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 February 2017
Customer service experience
Very busy during holidays
Gained experience working with customers/ other employees
Helped to build confidence in myself
The store is no longer in that location
awesome
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2017
Love to work for company. Great benefits and resources available. Company cares about employees even at the retail even.
Health benefits are not the best, they do not cover much at more than 50% of drugs and don't have the best coverage for other needs.
Very good team work , workings at Mexx was good
Services à la clientèle et conseillère en mode (Former Employee) –  Centre Rockland Montréal16 December 2016
Very nice , the salary was with the commission and that was very good.
One negative is sometimes the management was not so good
But the team work was good
Mexx stuggled in the indusrty for years
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
For years Mexx struggled in the industry for years when was Liz Claiborne. Sold off divisions within the company and liquidated assets to stay afloat. Work life balance was in place overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Location changes
Cons
Closing stores
Long Hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
The days can be very long, and the store is very high traffic at times. The management was good, so long as there was multiple on the floor
Pros
co workers
Cons
great place to work and fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2016
This was a very good environment which would of done better if managed properly. Unfortunately they claimed bankruptcy in a month of me joining
Pros
great staff atore level
Cons
was poorly managed from co oprerate
Good company - part time
Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2016
Interesting dealing with different customers, always learning something new and incorporating new skills. Developed my confidence and pushed me out of my comfort zone.
Great enviroment, it was like my second home, I always started my work with a positive attitude.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2015
Great place to work always busy. Our manager was so fun and easy going. He make all of us feel so comfortable. We were a great work team . We had some challenging days that we deal with an optimist manners. I personally like challenges because I grow professionally. I am a positive mind. Make my life much happier and easy.
Pros
commissions
Cons
Our Lunch was not include in our hours.
Best work place ever <3
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 August 2015
This was best work experience ever. Team members were very freindly and the quality of items were very good as compare with so many other brands. I am SO sorry that they shut their business down in Canada.
The Fashionable Approach
Fashion Consultant/Cashier (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2015
What I have learned from working at Mexx, is first and foremost that I have a passion for sales. My experience at Mexx has only furthered my ability to sell, while promoting strong customer service, both of which made my job enjoyable. My favourite part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help customers and make an positive impact in their shopping experience. Furthermore, by initially working as a stock associate, I have further advanced my organization skills, and have realized that I truly enjoy creating efficiency and order. I strongly appreciate my time at Mexx immensely, as my time at the company has helped me strengthen these two skills that I believe have made me a more versatile employee.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive management team, great co-workers, fashion discount
Cons
Low wages, low chance of advancement
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 April 2015
It was very active every typical day working there. The management was great and very helpful and co-workers were very great to work with as well and became very good friends.
Mexx Canada is a great place to work at! Management builds a friendly atmosphere at the workplace and treats you with respect.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pen Centre, St. Catharines, Ontarion, Canada30 March 2015
Working in Mexx Canada was quite a pleasant experience! Mexx team is very supportive and make you feel absolutely comfortable asking for some guidance if you need too.
Mexx atmosphere always made you feel secure. Management was always in touch and provided us with the most recent updates and well-explained tasks. All team members always showed up on time, which shows the respect towards other employees.
The most difficult thing i faced throughout my time in Mexx was dealing with shoplifting but our management team gave us clear instructions and we followed them.
I can not really think about the most enjoyable part because I'm pretty much equally satisfied with everything. Managers always welcomed the appetency to work extra hours, all employees had their breaks according the schedule. Moreover, schedule was built including employees interests and availability.
I have gained a lot of useful experience while working for Mexx Canada, such as : dealing with difficult customers, handle stress, manage my time properly in order to meet a deadline, greet customers in a friendly manner and also assist customers professionally.
In conclusion I would like to say that it was a great experience working for Mexx and its a great start for your further career!
voir note plus bas
Co gerante chez mexx (Current Employee) –  Lachenaie, QC10 March 2015
laspect le plus agreable dans mes journee chez mexx etais de coacher mes employee a un au niveau et que vraiment tout les clients soit servie de facon memorable . , voir note sur cv
Mexx.Good small company that grew too fast
Supervisor pick and pack (Former Employee) –  MONTREAL12 February 2015
A normal day at work starts with the tagging of the replenishment so that the employees can start picking .
Then I would make sure that the pickpack dept. Was running smoothly,assign styles to all packers.Verified that all scanners and system were functional.
The receiving was next ,I reveiwed what was coming in that day and gave them the priorities to process first.
Last was to review the shipping priorities with the shipper.
Productivity meeting
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not all employees ate toghther
My Experience
Sales/Stock Associate (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga10 February 2015
I have personally enjoyed my time working for a number of reasons, including bettering my customer service and time management skills. What I have enjoyed most about working is the sense of accomplishment that comes from sales, and more importantly the satisfaction of helping a customer and making their shopping experience a memorable one.
Pros
Constant communication, strong and positive company culture
Cons
Odd hours, company financial instability (resulting in bankruptcy)
Positive atmosphere
Sales Associates and Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2015
Handled customer inquiries and complaints efficiently with excellent
communication skills. Overall great management and selection of staff.