Mexx Canada Employee Reviews

Mexx stuggled in the indusrty for years
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
For years Mexx struggled in the industry for years when was Liz Claiborne. Sold off divisions within the company and liquidated assets to stay afloat. Work life balance was in place overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Location changes
Cons
Closing stores
Long Hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
The days can be very long, and the store is very high traffic at times. The management was good, so long as there was multiple on the floor
Pros
co workers
Cons
great place to work and fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2016
This was a very good environment which would of done better if managed properly. Unfortunately they claimed bankruptcy in a month of me joining
Pros
great staff atore level
Cons
was poorly managed from co oprerate
Good company - part time
Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2016
Interesting dealing with different customers, always learning something new and incorporating new skills. Developed my confidence and pushed me out of my comfort zone.
Great enviroment, it was like my second home, I always started my work with a positive attitude.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2015
Great place to work always busy. Our manager was so fun and easy going. He make all of us feel so comfortable. We were a great work team . We had some challenging days that we deal with an optimist manners. I personally like challenges because I grow professionally. I am a positive mind. Make my life much happier and easy.
Pros
commissions
Cons
Our Lunch was not include in our hours.
Best work place ever <3
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 August 2015
This was best work experience ever. Team members were very freindly and the quality of items were very good as compare with so many other brands. I am SO sorry that they shut their business down in Canada.
The Fashionable Approach
Fashion Consultant/Cashier (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2015
What I have learned from working at Mexx, is first and foremost that I have a passion for sales. My experience at Mexx has only furthered my ability to sell, while promoting strong customer service, both of which made my job enjoyable. My favourite part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help customers and make an positive impact in their shopping experience. Furthermore, by initially working as a stock associate, I have further advanced my organization skills, and have realized that I truly enjoy creating efficiency and order. I strongly appreciate my time at Mexx immensely, as my time at the company has helped me strengthen these two skills that I believe have made me a more versatile employee.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive management team, great co-workers, fashion discount
Cons
Low wages, low chance of advancement
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 April 2015
It was very active every typical day working there. The management was great and very helpful and co-workers were very great to work with as well and became very good friends.
Mexx Canada is a great place to work at! Management builds a friendly atmosphere at the workplace and treats you with respect.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pen Centre, St. Catharines, Ontarion, Canada30 March 2015
Working in Mexx Canada was quite a pleasant experience! Mexx team is very supportive and make you feel absolutely comfortable asking for some guidance if you need too.
Mexx atmosphere always made you feel secure. Management was always in touch and provided us with the most recent updates and well-explained tasks. All team members always showed up on time, which shows the respect towards other employees.
The most difficult thing i faced throughout my time in Mexx was dealing with shoplifting but our management team gave us clear instructions and we followed them.
I can not really think about the most enjoyable part because I'm pretty much equally satisfied with everything. Managers always welcomed the appetency to work extra hours, all employees had their breaks according the schedule. Moreover, schedule was built including employees interests and availability.
I have gained a lot of useful experience while working for Mexx Canada, such as : dealing with difficult customers, handle stress, manage my time properly in order to meet a deadline, greet customers in a friendly manner and also assist customers professionally.
In conclusion I would like to say that it was a great experience working for Mexx and its a great start for your further career!
MEXX.GOOD SMALL COMPANY THAT GREW TOO FAST
Supervisor pick and pack (Former Employee) –  MONTREAL12 February 2015
A NORMAL DAY AT WORK STARTS WITH THE TAGGING OF THE REPLENISHMENT SO THAT THE EMPLOYEES CAN START PICKING .
THEN I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT THE PICKPACK DEPT. WAS RUNNING SMOOTHLY,ASSIGN STYLES TO ALL PACKERS.VERIFIED THAT ALL SCANNERS AND SYSTEM WERE FUNCTIONAL.
THE RECEIVING WAS NEXT ,I REVEIWED WHAT WAS COMING IN THAT DAY AND GAVE THEM THE PRIORITIES TO PROCESS FIRST.
LAST WAS TO REVIEW THE SHIPPING PRIORITIES WITH THE SHIPPER.
PRODUCTIVITY MEETING
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST
Cons
NOT ALL EMPLOYEES ATE TOGHTHER
My Experience
Sales/Stock Associate (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga10 February 2015
I have personally enjoyed my time working for a number of reasons, including bettering my customer service and time management skills. What I have enjoyed most about working is the sense of accomplishment that comes from sales, and more importantly the satisfaction of helping a customer and making their shopping experience a memorable one.
Pros
Constant communication, strong and positive company culture
Cons
Odd hours, company financial instability (resulting in bankruptcy)
Positive atmosphere
Sales Associates and Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2015
Handled customer inquiries and complaints efficiently with excellent
communication skills. Overall great management and selection of staff.
Supportive workplace with Internal promotions
Store Manager and Training Ambassador (Former Employee) –  victoria bc5 February 2015
Mexx as a workplace was a very supportive work environment where you could grow your skills and have the opportunity to advance your career. With hard work and dedication I was rewarded with new opportunities and advancement within the company. I was empowered to make critical decisions and asked to support on national level. I was blessed to have learned so much from caring and knowledgeable people.
Pros
competitave salary, great supervisors
Cons
unpredictable hours
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2015
Typical day included cleaning the store if I was opening, likewise if closing, making sure the tables were organized and the clothes weren't unfolded, answering any of the customer's questions, and helping with changing rooms if needed. It was a great experience overall, but sad to see Mexx close!
Pros
Discount/Nice job environment
MEXX CANADA
Assistant Manger/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton20 January 2015
BEST PLACE I EVER WORK and very family oriented place to work
An growing and learning envirnoment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2015
A typical day at Mexx is usually busy to the point where you asked yourself where did the day went. Working for sure adversity company I learned that aiming for the top is accessible. When you work for a company where the staff stick together is makes your job more enjoyable.
Amazing coworkers, professional environment, good training.
Fashion stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2015
Learned a lot about customer service, retail, and sales, and got to meet some amazing people. Also, incredible employee discount.
Pros
Employee discount
Its good for students
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK16 July 2014
I love to work in my field as a social worker. I learned to be a sales leader in very short time. My co workers are young and mostly students. The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet people
Pros
Meeting people
Fast Pace environment
Store Inventory and Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montreal Quebec10 June 2014
Typical day includes, producing of regular reports (weekly)
Completing requests made by Allocation Manager, Buyers, and Planners.

Constant shifting of priorities, based on ad hoc requests.

Varied levels of expertise in the Allocation Dept. (Really good, to really challenged).

Hardest part of the job is having to stop what I am doing to coach a co-worker on how to copy and paste, and do other tasks in Excel, that in my opinion should be a basic requirement to work in this environment.

The enjoyable part is measuring the success of my efforts with the ROI in the departments that I am responsible for.
Mexx Canada Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 March 2014
It is great working at Mexx Canada. I enjoyed helping customers choose their clothing in which they are most comfortable with. Co workers are amazing, and also management.