Mexx Canada Employee Reviews

Long Hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
The days can be very long, and the store is very high traffic at times. The management was good, so long as there was multiple on the floor
Pros
co workers
Supportive workplace with Internal promotions
Store Manager and Training Ambassador (Former Employee) –  victoria bc5 February 2015
Mexx as a workplace was a very supportive work environment where you could grow your skills and have the opportunity to advance your career. With hard work and dedication I was rewarded with new opportunities and advancement within the company. I was empowered to make critical decisions and asked to support on national level. I was blessed to have learned so much from caring and knowledgeable people.
Pros
competitave salary, great supervisors
Cons
unpredictable hours
great place to work and fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2016
This was a very good environment which would of done better if managed properly. Unfortunately they claimed bankruptcy in a month of me joining
Pros
great staff atore level
Cons
was poorly managed from co oprerate
Good company - part time
Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2016
Interesting dealing with different customers, always learning something new and incorporating new skills. Developed my confidence and pushed me out of my comfort zone.
The Fashionable Approach
Fashion Consultant/Cashier (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2015
What I have learned from working at Mexx, is first and foremost that I have a passion for sales. My experience at Mexx has only furthered my ability to sell, while promoting strong customer service, both of which made my job enjoyable. My favourite part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help customers and make an positive impact in their shopping experience. Furthermore, by initially working as a stock associate, I have further advanced my organization skills, and have realized that I truly enjoy creating efficiency and order. I strongly appreciate my time at Mexx immensely, as my time at the company has helped me strengthen these two skills that I believe have made me a more versatile employee.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive management team, great co-workers, fashion discount
Cons
Low wages, low chance of advancement
Great enviroment, it was like my second home, I always started my work with a positive attitude.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2015
Great place to work always busy. Our manager was so fun and easy going. He make all of us feel so comfortable. We were a great work team . We had some challenging days that we deal with an optimist manners. I personally like challenges because I grow professionally. I am a positive mind. Make my life much happier and easy.
Pros
commissions
Cons
Our Lunch was not include in our hours.
My Experience
Sales/Stock Associate (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga10 February 2015
I have personally enjoyed my time working for a number of reasons, including bettering my customer service and time management skills. What I have enjoyed most about working is the sense of accomplishment that comes from sales, and more importantly the satisfaction of helping a customer and making their shopping experience a memorable one.
Pros
Constant communication, strong and positive company culture
Cons
Odd hours, company financial instability (resulting in bankruptcy)
Good staff and busy workplace
Operations Coordinator/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2013
Mexx is a very busy company that is customer oriented. I learned to be more efficient in time managment, was able to train new employees and expand my knowledge in the retail business. The hardest part was the long hours on your feet. Sometimes we were short staffed and other co workers had to put in more man hours to make up. The most enjoyable part was constantly working with and helping people.
Pros
Friendly People and staff
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
Mexx Canada is a great place to work at! Management builds a friendly atmosphere at the workplace and treats you with respect.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pen Centre, St. Catharines, Ontarion, Canada30 March 2015
Working in Mexx Canada was quite a pleasant experience! Mexx team is very supportive and make you feel absolutely comfortable asking for some guidance if you need too.
Mexx atmosphere always made you feel secure. Management was always in touch and provided us with the most recent updates and well-explained tasks. All team members always showed up on time, which shows the respect towards other employees.
The most difficult thing i faced throughout my time in Mexx was dealing with shoplifting but our management team gave us clear instructions and we followed them.
I can not really think about the most enjoyable part because I'm pretty much equally satisfied with everything. Managers always welcomed the appetency to work extra hours, all employees had their breaks according the schedule. Moreover, schedule was built including employees interests and availability.
I have gained a lot of useful experience while working for Mexx Canada, such as : dealing with difficult customers, handle stress, manage my time properly in order to meet a deadline, greet customers in a friendly manner and also assist customers professionally.
In conclusion I would like to say that it was a great experience working for Mexx and its a great start for your further career!
frustrating workplace.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 December 2013
The position of Operations Supervisor is not respected by this company. There is no level of importance awarded to this position. On a normal day I would arrive to hours of unnecessary work created by other co workers. When I would voice my concerns or request change in behaviors I was ignored and the problems were never rectified. My management team was completely ineffective in managing their team and delegating mutual respect. Other wise I would receive shipments, process product, organize the stock room and delegate tasks.
Pros
occasional free goodies
Cons
difficult management team/co workers, incompetent upper management
Mexx Canada
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2012
I only worked for Mexx for a short time. I really find that they have competitive pay and excellent incentive programs set in place to motivate their employees. Unfortunetly, at the time of employment I was looking to gear my career toward visual. They have a strong visual department in place, but I didnt see any possible room for growth.
Pros
excellent culture
Cons
shift work
Great work environment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 January 2013
As a Fashion Consultant, you are required to uphold excellent customer service while maintaining a high level of store appearance. You are expected to be knowledgeable in all aspects of the store, including men's, women's, and children's fashion styles and sizing, and working cash.
Management has a strong emphasis on customer service and satisfaction which has lead to build excellent rapport with repeat customers.
It is a great workplace, employees are all great and easy to get along with, which makes going to work fun.
MEXX.GOOD SMALL COMPANY THAT GREW TOO FAST
Supervisor pick and pack (Former Employee) –  MONTREAL12 February 2015
A NORMAL DAY AT WORK STARTS WITH THE TAGGING OF THE REPLENISHMENT SO THAT THE EMPLOYEES CAN START PICKING .
THEN I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT THE PICKPACK DEPT. WAS RUNNING SMOOTHLY,ASSIGN STYLES TO ALL PACKERS.VERIFIED THAT ALL SCANNERS AND SYSTEM WERE FUNCTIONAL.
THE RECEIVING WAS NEXT ,I REVEIWED WHAT WAS COMING IN THAT DAY AND GAVE THEM THE PRIORITIES TO PROCESS FIRST.
LAST WAS TO REVIEW THE SHIPPING PRIORITIES WITH THE SHIPPER.
PRODUCTIVITY MEETING
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST
Cons
NOT ALL EMPLOYEES ATE TOGHTHER
Fast Pace environment
Store Inventory and Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montreal Quebec10 June 2014
Typical day includes, producing of regular reports (weekly)
Completing requests made by Allocation Manager, Buyers, and Planners.

Constant shifting of priorities, based on ad hoc requests.

Varied levels of expertise in the Allocation Dept. (Really good, to really challenged).

Hardest part of the job is having to stop what I am doing to coach a co-worker on how to copy and paste, and do other tasks in Excel, that in my opinion should be a basic requirement to work in this environment.

The enjoyable part is measuring the success of my efforts with the ROI in the departments that I am responsible for.
Best work place ever <3
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 August 2015
This was best work experience ever. Team members were very freindly and the quality of items were very good as compare with so many other brands. I am SO sorry that they shut their business down in Canada.
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 April 2015
It was very active every typical day working there. The management was great and very helpful and co-workers were very great to work with as well and became very good friends.
very good company its school it helps workers to learn how to deal with verity of clientel
Area sales Manager for the Ottawa region (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2012
Customer calls unhappy due to late delivery or damaged merchandise at the begining of my job i found it hard but after couple of weeks i learned that customer has to let out how they feel regarding late delivery or damages merchandise always take customers side and make sure customer is confident that you can do something to help them out with the situation to make customer happy and to keep customer as customer
Its good for students
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK16 July 2014
I love to work in my field as a social worker. I learned to be a sales leader in very short time. My co workers are young and mostly students. The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet people
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Many loop holes within the company
Part Time Assistant Manager & Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 April 2013
Every shift would be the same thing over and over. I learnt how to be in management, poor management, some of the co-workers were nice, the stress level of the work environment wasn't inviting and didn't enjoy the job that much
Pros
no pro's
Cons
a lot of mistakes within the company
Positive atmosphere
Sales Associates and Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2015
Handled customer inquiries and complaints efficiently with excellent
communication skills. Overall great management and selection of staff.