Mexx Canada

Mexx Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 11, 2015
It was very active every typical day working there. The management was great and very helpful and co-workers were very great to work with as well and became very good friends.
Mexx Canada is a great place to work at! Management builds a friendly atmosphere at the workplace and treats you with respect.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Pen Centre, St. Catharines, Ontarion, CanadaMarch 30, 2015
Working in Mexx Canada was quite a pleasant experience! Mexx team is very supportive and make you feel absolutely comfortable asking for some guidance if you need too.
Mexx atmosphere always made you feel secure. Management was always in touch and provided us with the most recent updates and well-explained tasks. All team members always showed up on time, which shows the respect towards other employees.
The most difficult thing i faced throughout my time in Mexx was dealing with shoplifting but our management team gave us clear instructions and we followed them.
I can not really think about the most enjoyable part because I'm pretty much equally satisfied with everything. Managers always welcomed the appetency to work extra hours, all employees had their breaks according the schedule. Moreover, schedule was built including employees interests and availability.
I have gained a lot of useful experience while working for Mexx Canada, such as : dealing with difficult customers, handle stress, manage my time properly in order to meet a deadline, greet customers in a friendly manner and also assist customers professionally.
In conclusion I would like to say that it was a great experience working for Mexx and its a great start for your further career!
MEXX.GOOD SMALL COMPANY THAT GREW TOO FAST
Supervisor pick and pack (Former Employee), MONTREALFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: not all employees ate toghther
A NORMAL DAY AT WORK STARTS WITH THE TAGGING OF THE REPLENISHMENT SO THAT THE EMPLOYEES CAN START PICKING .
THEN I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT THE PICKPACK DEPT. WAS RUNNING SMOOTHLY,ASSIGN STYLES TO ALL PACKERS.VERIFIED THAT ALL SCANNERS AND SYSTEM WERE FUNCTIONAL.
THE RECEIVING WAS NEXT ,I REVEIWED WHAT WAS COMING IN THAT DAY AND GAVE THEM THE PRIORITIES TO PROCESS FIRST.
LAST WAS TO REVIEW THE SHIPPING PRIORITIES WITH THE SHIPPER.
PRODUCTIVITY MEETING
My Experience
Sales/Stock Associate (Full-Time) (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: constant communication, strong and positive company culture
Cons: odd hours, company financial instability (resulting in bankruptcy)
I have personally enjoyed my time working for a number of reasons, including bettering my customer service and time management skills. What I have enjoyed most about working is the sense of accomplishment that comes from sales, and more importantly the satisfaction of helping a customer and making their shopping experience a memorable one.
Positive atmosphere
Sales Associates and Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Handled customer inquiries and complaints efficiently with excellent
communication skills. Overall great management and selection of staff.
Supportive workplace with Internal promotions
Store Manager and Training Ambassador (Former Employee), victoria bcFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: competitave salary, great supervisors
Cons: unpredictable hours
Mexx as a workplace was a very supportive work environment where you could grow your skills and have the opportunity to advance your career. With hard work and dedication I was rewarded with new opportunities and advancement within the company. I was empowered to make critical decisions and asked to support on national level. I was blessed to have learned so much from caring and knowledgeable people.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: discount/nice job environment
Typical day included cleaning the store if I was opening, likewise if closing, making sure the tables were organized and the clothes weren't unfolded, answering any of the customer's questions, and helping with changing rooms if needed. It was a great experience overall, but sad to see Mexx close!
MEXX CANADA
Assistant Manger/ Team Lead (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 20, 2015
BEST PLACE I EVER WORK and very family oriented place to work
An growing and learning envirnoment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at Mexx is usually busy to the point where you asked yourself where did the day went. Working for sure adversity company I learned that aiming for the top is accessible. When you work for a company where the staff stick together is makes your job more enjoyable.
Amazing coworkers, professional environment, good training.
Fashion stylist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Learned a lot about customer service, retail, and sales, and got to meet some amazing people. Also, incredible employee discount.
Its good for students
Team Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: long hours
I love to work in my field as a social worker. I learned to be a sales leader in very short time. My co workers are young and mostly students. The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet people
Fast Pace environment
Store Inventory and Allocation Analyst (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecJune 10, 2014
Typical day includes, producing of regular reports (weekly)
Completing requests made by Allocation Manager, Buyers, and Planners.

Constant shifting of priorities, based on ad hoc requests.

Varied levels of expertise in the Allocation Dept. (Really good, to really challenged).

Hardest part of the job is having to stop what I am doing to coach a co-worker on how to copy and paste, and do other tasks in Excel, that in my opinion should be a basic requirement to work in this environment.

The enjoyable part is measuring the success of my efforts with the ROI in the departments that I am responsible for.
Mexx Canada Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2014
It is great working at Mexx Canada. I enjoyed helping customers choose their clothing in which they are most comfortable with. Co workers are amazing, and also management.
frustrating workplace.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 6, 2013
Pros: occasional free goodies
Cons: difficult management team/co workers, incompetent upper management
The position of Operations Supervisor is not respected by this company. There is no level of importance awarded to this position. On a normal day I would arrive to hours of unnecessary work created by other co workers. When I would voice my concerns or request change in behaviors I was ignored and the problems were never rectified. My management team was completely ineffective in managing their team and delegating mutual respect. Other wise I would receive shipments, process product, organize the stock room and delegate tasks.
good managers and team
Image Consultant (Current Employee), BurnabyDecember 3, 2013
Pros: commission
commission is very good during summer and winter sales!!! and the team is awesome. can book days off as well
Good staff and busy workplace
Operations Coordinator/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2013
Pros: friendly people and staff
Cons: long hours and short breaks
Mexx is a very busy company that is customer oriented. I learned to be more efficient in time managment, was able to train new employees and expand my knowledge in the retail business. The hardest part was the long hours on your feet. Sometimes we were short staffed and other co workers had to put in more man hours to make up. The most enjoyable part was constantly working with and helping people.
HRBP
hrpa (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 5, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: restructuring
Provide leadership in the use of consulting concepts, models, analytic frameworks, technologies and tools. Territory HRBP for all MEXX retail locations across Ontario and Alberta. Complete HR audits for territory. Manage recruitment, labour relations, organizational change, complement management, training, succession planning Coordinate strategic direction on the analysis of human resources issues, short and long term planning, and the development of related policies and procedures Provides strategic advice and recommendations on management and staff development and training plans that comprehend appropriate fiscal, human and physical resources required to effect training delivery support Developed and updated Health & Safety Policies according to relevant employment legislations. Partner with Loss Prevention and DM on store level Workplace Violence prevention and investigations. Partner with District and Store Managers on how to coach and/or discipline employees on performance issues, conflict management and resolution in accordance with company guidelines and open door policy. Ensure legal compliance with applicable Provincial Employment Standards Act and Human Rights. Partner with Regional and District Mangers on talent strategy to identify stores/locations where recruitment effort is required
customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 8, 2013
Cleaned
cashier
customer service.
very little hours
got to meet a lot of awesome people.
Many loop holes within the company
Part Time Assistant Manager & Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: no pro's
Cons: a lot of mistakes within the company
Every shift would be the same thing over and over. I learnt how to be in management, poor management, some of the co-workers were nice, the stress level of the work environment wasn't inviting and didn't enjoy the job that much
Excellent Work School balance
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: limited hours
As a part-time in store employee, one is given much flexibility in terms of work schedule. With a predetermined sales target to reach for each employee, there is definitely a sense of pressure and competition in the work environment.