METROLINX Employee Reviews in Canada

WAS a great place
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 25, 2016
Used to be a great place to work at. Recent re-org and influx of new sr. management has led to a high degree of nepotism. I&IT is very disorganized even with the recent (and costly) re-org. Maybe its just the learning curve. A high level of uncertainty and low morale in I&IT. Lots of hierarchy. This organization, at least in I&IT, is very top-heavy.
Pros
Some REALLY good people work there. Fair pay. Very clean and modern facilities.
Cons
Nepotism has found its way into the organization. Weak leadership. Low morale.
productive work place where i can work make money and please my employer
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2016
i have work a lot of different jobs, I have only been self employed mostly, it is very exhausting and I would like a steady pay job to pay expenses.
Working for Metrolinx's Rail Fleet Maintenance
Administrative Assistant, Rail Fleet Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 22, 2016
I work for the group that oversees the day-to-day maintenance of the rail fleet at GO Transit.
I provide assistance to a team that is headed by the Chief, Rail Fleet Maintenance and two Managers and support a staff of 35 people.
In my day-to-day routine, I manage the calendars, prepare meeting material, take minutes, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to book and facilitate meetings on site. I also work with internal departments to hold specialized training and other special events on our site.
I also provide assistance in preparing VISA logs, travel expense reports using Excel, creating PowerPoint presentations.
This team is hard-working and proud of the service they provide and I am so glad to be a part of something that is making such a meaningful difference in the future of our province.
Productive and fun Workplace
Project Manager/ Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Productive and fun Workplace
Amazing people to work with
Management is easy to work with
Amazing work functions
Constant high pace environment
proffesional workplace
Cleaning & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
very proffesional, long paid lunch breaks, very organized, cleaned busses, very laid back work environment and not stressful at all. great student summer job
Excellent work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Overall Metrolinx is an excellent employer. The culture within my department is excellent and senior management is really good. Job security exist so you will never have to worry. The probation period is almost a year, but if you can make it through then you will only go up from there. The pay at the beginning of employment is okay, but once you work for a couple years you really do get paid well. I encourage anyone to apply as they are fair in their hiring practices and I submitted my resume just like anyone else and got hired.
Pros
Great Management, Good Pay, Clean Work Space, Free Transportation on GO Services, Senior Management listens to employees and takes suggestions
Cons
Heavy work load from time to time
Good
Senior Financial Analyst - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
I like it here. Excellent environment. People are good here. Lots of things to keep you busy here, along with opportunities for growth.
no comment
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 10, 2015
It was not a pleasant working environment, I left for work life balance and did not find it at Metrolinx. As the team I belonged to was short staffed the senior members who were working 7 days a week were shoning those who did not.
Engaging and diverse responsibilities
ENGINEERING ANALYST INTERN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Having proven myself as a capable intern, opportunities to take on more responsibilities were constantly offered. Furthermore, interns were involved in important decision-making processes.

A typical day involved assisting the project manager in the research and documentation of various technological solutions (and eventually procurement) and working on an assignment during the slow periods.

Co-workers were genial and supportive and management even more so. The opportunitiy to conduct presentations was the most enjoyable part of the job. The least enjoyable part of the job was making photocopies, printing and scanning documents and drawings
Pros
Free transportation on GO services
Cons
Rigid salary for returning interns
It was a good place to work
Intermediate QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
The day started with stand up meeting with the developers and the QA team where we discussed any blockings or issues. Then I start with my work to write the test cases from the user stories. If any doubts I discussed with the developers. In the afternoon I had a session with my junior QA to train him or her. Had a good team and everyone in the team contributed to the success of the project. Last part of the day was the touch point meeting with the whole team and the manager where each one would come and tell what they did the whole day.
Pros
good environment
pleasent place to work, excellent benifits
Bus Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ONMay 4, 2014
Metrolinx in great company to work for. My co-works were very pleasant to work with, from the drivers to the mechanics each one treated you with respected. I was on contract and hope to work for them again.
Pros
great salary
Cons
some locations are far
Good, secure job, however employees less so
summer student (Former Employee) –  WOLFEDALEApril 20, 2014
My first year was a little bit of a hassle. I had come to the job in July, as I started in Highschool whereas, the other students had started in April, so they had already had training. I had no training what-so-ever (WHMIS/Rail Safety) which I needed for the job. Of the 6 supervisors that I went through, at least 4 of them knew that I had no training and had me do jobs anyways such as cleaning with WHMIS products or go on the rails to weedwhack grass (although the tracks were un-used). The other students and employees were really helpful though and taught me how to do the job before I had to do it. They were aware of my lack of training and often kept me away from the dangerous jobs. My second year I received full training, but no real work as there were too many students that were hired and not enough work to do, so it was mostly re-doing the jobs (such as re-painting) the things that we had accomplished in the first couple of weeks. I enjoyed the students and some of the employees, but there was always gossip that ruined some of the relationships.
Pros
worked for metrolynx, fairly easy jobs.
Cons
i didn't feel as if i was earning the money i was getting because of lack of work
Fast pace, growing scope, amazing keen people
Administrative Assistant in the office of the CEO (Former Employee) –  20 Bay Street TorontoSeptember 19, 2013
Metrolinx has the mix of government oversight and business applications in their scope. Their attention to detail for employee services is excellent. Opportunities abound for anyone wishing to stretch.

Customer Centred Outlook for the client, vendor, stakeholder and employee base.

Fair pay for a days work.

Up to date tools and equipment.
Pros
variety of worksite locations within the gta
Cons
if you are good at your job they want to keep you there.
productive and fun
Plant Utility Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2013
great place to work, enjoyable, pays well and a lot of training.
very intelligent co-workers, a nice feeling of the company culture
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2013
Employees are very serious about their work, all very determined, brilliant, passionate individuals
productive, organized
AutoCAD Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2013
You can work here very relax, you have your on cubic and privacy, work hours are short up to 4:15, you have own supervisor and clear about what you are going to do, hard to access to top managers.
Pros
govermental job
Cons
can not to be very creative
coordination and follow up project progress
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2012
Check my emails, respond to emails, review work progress, attend meetings, review Drawings, prepare minutes of meeting, studt contract and spec, check progress payment requests, respond to RFIs, issue change orders

4.2