Metroland Media Employee Review

View all Metroland Media reviews

best company i worked for
Metroland Media Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2013
working at metroland was the most rewarding job. my job was to basically call customers on behalf of company to ensure they received their newspaper,however there were days where the manager would switch it up i would print flayers, hire people to deliver the flyers, package the newspaper and get them read, and at times because im an accounting student i would sit and observe how the accounts did real life accounting rather book based at the university. i had great co-workers the only problem was that we were not many, so the workload varied, at times it would more or less. other than that there was nothig i found lacking at metroland media and if it were switching schools i wouldnt have left it.
Pros
free lunch, potlogs, switching up the work routine
Cons
very few people working at my station, so the workload was a bit too much

Other Metroland Media Employee Reviews

Not enough focus on editorial staff
Reporter\photographer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
The business model wasn't as effective for the editorial staff as some other organizations I've worked for. The management style varied a lot from region to region and there's not a lot of clear expectations.
was a very fun and productive workplace
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 November 2017
outstanding place to work. very flexible shifts and employee benefits. Great people to work with. lots of positive vibes. the company has since closed their doors.
Pros
location was great and people were friendly
Cons
closed down