Metroland Media Employee Review

View all Metroland Media reviews

best company i worked for
Metroland Media Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2013
working at metroland was the most rewarding job. my job was to basically call customers on behalf of company to ensure they received their newspaper,however there were days where the manager would switch it up i would print flayers, hire people to deliver the flyers, package the newspaper and get them read, and at times because im an accounting student i would sit and observe how the accounts did real life accounting rather book based at the university. i had great co-workers the only problem was that we were not many, so the workload varied, at times it would more or less. other than that there was nothig i found lacking at metroland media and if it were switching schools i wouldnt have left it.
Pros
free lunch, potlogs, switching up the work routine
Cons
very few people working at my station, so the workload was a bit too much

Other Metroland Media Employee Reviews

Great first job
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 February 2018
Taught me responsibilities of a real job and the value of money. I recommend this job to young students who love working with their hands and taking walks in the neighbourhood.
Nothing too big
Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Delivering newspapers every week to bring some income is okay and nothing too big. It gave me my first work experience and it's very simple. Though I wish I had a real job instead.