Metro

Metro Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome starting job
Meat Clerk/Wrapper (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: long lunches/ payed for breaks
Cons: not enough hours
Great starting job. The employees and customers are easy to work with making for a productive day. Metro is a unionized company so they protect their employees well.
Great Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
I was a cashier and operated the till. I would meet a variety of customers and meet many new people which would prove to be challenging, but ultimately fun and interesting.
Hard working enviroment
Baker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good team work
Cons: hard working
I always provided the best helping, caring , and out going energy to eldery clients. The company was good provider for our hard working long hours.
Flexible
Office Clerk (Former Employee), mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: flexible working schedule
Cons: no full time shifts
This job is probably only good for students in school, whether highschool or college/university, they don't offer full time, and they don't give out benefits for 5 years for those working part time.
Very quiet place to work at.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short lunch breaks
It has been a very long time since I have worked at Metro since I was working there when it was still called A&P. However working at Metro was a very relaxed passing job. I learned how to prep fruit and vegetables, making fruit and vegetable trays, assisting customers in person and over the phone and also stalking shelves.
Very organized and fun working environment
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 5, 2015
controled management (in a positive manner) and friendly co-workers
learnt new things as CSR in a superstore. new experience in a Union job
Comfortable And Straight-Forward Approach
Produce Department Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: 10 min. washroom break
Cons: work is tedious and slightly straining
My job included sorting, managing and maintaining products that fell under the produce category. My instruction and the work both done by myself and alongside my fellow employees was expected to be done swiftly and flawlessly, but was enjoyable nonetheless because of the company that I was associated with.
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 27, 2015
Metro , is a good place to work at to gain exposure to customer relations and customer satisfaction. the employees were treated nicely and were given breaks and vacations where due.
Deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), cloverdaleFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: adjust to your schedule
Cons: the heat
typical day is to have pizzas prepared for customers. you take their order. the most enjoyable part is interacting with customes
somewhat enjoyable
Bookkeeper/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: not full time
balance all tills
safe balance
new schedule entry
entry of any schedule changes and employees updates
cash pickups
entry of any invoices
customer service
cash when needed
balance lottery tickets
dealing with customer and employee problems
Fun place but horrible staff
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2015
It's a fun place to work but staff and management are horrible and don't care about the employees and also never do much work.
Fun to work at and great co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 1 hour break
Cons: short hours
Metro was a good environment because everybody there was friendly, very helpful and the manager was very supportive to everyone. I learned a lot at metro while I was there about the cash register, and also produce. the hardest part of my job was standing for long periods of time, but I got over that once I got used to it. I enjoyed pretty much everything at metro except for the short hours.
Fun place of emplyment
Seafood Clerk/Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), LeamingtonFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad hours
A stress-free work experience with great people and great management. I learned a lot of different seafood cuisine and improved my people skill and customer service.
very fast paced position
cut fruits/deli (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioFebruary 18, 2015
the people i work with are really helpful and friendly. Its a faced paced environment and i manage fine. My job title involves cutting fruits and packaging for sale in the fresh produce department.
Good rhythm, a lot of work.
Commis d'épicerie (Former Employee), Val-davidFebruary 3, 2015
It was fun overall, but you have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Working fast and effectively is a must. Good work place, nothing bad to say.
Fun workplace but poor management
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fantastic co-workers, close to campus
Cons: often felt belittled by my superiors
Shifts at Metro were an average of 6 hours and consisted of processing grocery orders, interacting with customers, cleaning my assigned cash and the area surrounding it, fielding customer concerns and complaints, and sometimes acting as a witness/backup when my supervisors performed cash pickups.

Overall, I've had a very positive experience at Metro, mostly due to my excellent relationships with my co-workers and regular customers. There isn't much opportunity for advancement but I was aware of that when I took the job; I was looking for easy employment that would give me enough hours per month to support myself. Nevertheless, I've learned important (if difficult) lessons in conflict management, especially during my temporary stint as overnight supervisor in December.

My reason for seeking out new employment lies with a recent change in management. My positive experiences with them have been few and far between. Furthermore, their recent decision to cut hours has left me in an awkward position, as I live on my own and rely on this job to pay my living expenses. Though unfortunate, I believe this is a good opportunity to look for new employment relevant to my interests and studies.
Learning Experience and a Fun Work Place
Floral Designer (Current Employee), Ajax, OnJanuary 25, 2015
My typical week at work daily is a breakdown of things to do.

Check all flower dates upon arrival.
Dispose of expired flower arrangements and 10 day guaranteed bouquets.
Change all water in all flowers.
Make flower arrangements needed for the week.
Unload all stock orders from the warehouse.
Serve customers threw out the day wrapping items, cashing them out threw cash register cash,debit,credit transactions.
Take phone orders
Change pricing for the new week sale every Thursday

What i learned

To make arrangements the metro way
Cash out customers
Wrapping flower arrangement for customers
How to price an arrangement
Cleaning procedures
Take customers phone order
Procedure after making an arrangement calculating the arrangement for the store records
Tracking waist

My manager is amazing she teaches very well and has a lot of patience she is fun to work with.

Co-workers have not met them yet

My hardest part of the job is to be creative with different flowers

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different flowers and making the customer happy the best way i can.
Productive, educational work environment
Meat Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
I was able to balance school full time and work at Metro, they supported my studying and class schedule
productive workplace
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
A part-time position with a minimum salary. I have friendly and supportive co-workers. I work effectively with my team and
independently and posses good problem-solving skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with customers.
Productive workplace with a variety of ages in the working staff; lots of experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2014
Pros: double airmiles
Cons: short breaks
- A typical day at work as a cashier included beginning one's shift with the cleaning and organization of their workspace, dealing with costumers and using the cashier register, putting back items when costumers decided they did not want them any longer, and cleaning up workspace before punching out

-I learned how to use a cashier register effectively and how the grocery department works

-The managers were helpful when it came to the work, but were not so understanding about personal issues happening because of school and family matters

-Co-workers were really helpful and friendly, they always made sure one knew they were not alone

-Hardest part of the job was keeping the costumers calm whenever there were long lines

-Most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations one was able to have with the costumers

1 2 3 4 5

About Metro

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation's transportation agencies. It serves – Read more