Metro

Metro Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Workplace
BC Greeter (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Sometimes depending on the day, I enjoy working. I have learned to provide service to customers seeking for help and keeping products and inventories on the shelf. I learned to face up every shift at the end of the night. Management and co-workers are good except for a few of them.
Fun Work Environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Extremely good work hour flexibility, and work environment.
Cons: No job security, and no raise after 6 years of hard working.
Everyday at work was enjoyable, it was actually really fun. Everyone I worked with was great, from co-workers to store managers, no one gave each other any hassle. I learned a lot from this job, how to interact with people, and what to expect from an employer, and to not sit around and wait for opportunities, I have to make my own. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with, the environment was friendly and fun, everyone got their respective work done while being able to be social while doing it. The hardest part of my day, would have been the rare tough customers, but even they didn't bother me that much.
A typical day at work
Night Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 8, 2015
Overall it was an unforgettable experience. The people were welcoming and I did enjoy my time spent there. The individuals I worked with were very welcoming and were always willing to help me when I needed it.
Fun place
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
It was a fun place to work because you mainly focus on your section of the store. Whereas I worked in the produce department which dealt with fruits and vegetables. It was a decent job and also enjoyable because you also meet different kinds of clients and serve them in good deed when they are in need.
I was very young, i have learned a lot.
Customer service (Former Employee), Saint-Donat, Quebec.April 29, 2015
I have learned so much about quality customer service and going the extra mile to create a positive experience of shopping for every customer.
I have loved working there most of the time love the customers especially the regulars but lately i have felt like I want a change to go elsewhere
Cashier (Current Employee), Timmins, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: I love working with the customers and co-workers
Cons: problem customers sometimes and other co-workers and poor management
the thing I most enjoy about working there as a cashier is the talking and serving the customers making them happy over the years you get to know all the regulars , and they want to come see me because of my fast friendly service . the hardest part about the job is dealing with problem customers but not many of those .
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Short shifts
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with the customers. The hardest part for me on the job is that I can't help people in the isles when I see that they need help to find something, or when I am standing on cash and they need help to find something. I don't like that I can't provide the proper customer service I know customers need. The management is great. I feel confident in asking for assistance when needed and that they are their to support me. Majority of the co-workers are friendly and welcoming and willing to help if you need it. I also enjoy that when i work at night I get to work on the customer service desk, which requires me to multitask and stay busy. I also clean around the cash registers, and face around the front of the cash.
Work at Metro
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Steady workload
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day at work included customer service, handling money, cleaning and lifting groceries or boxes. As a cashier, I got to interact with people constantly. Helping them with their grocery needs. I learned how to interact with many different variety of people. Sometimes if someone's having a bad day, I would go out of my way to be extra courteous and attentive. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, and the management. There really wasn't a hard part about being a cashier unless I had a double shift and my feet would hurt from standing. The most enjoyable part was working with people, I'm very friendly.
Not exactly the greatest place to work
Cut Fruit Worker (Former Employee), London, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: lost of hours and some benefits(dental)
Cons: long hours and not enough free time compared to shifts
Metro wasn't necessarily a bad job, but the only people I got to see were my co-workers, who were usually to busy to talk. The hours were plentiful, and definitely possibility of advancement, but since I was not there very long, I may not be able to give an accurate representation. ***when I worked there I did not qualify for regular minimum wage, instead i got students minimum.
productive and fun workplace
produce (Former Employee), Ottawa,onApril 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
fun environment, competitive salary and many more things. A lot of things including cleaning and finessing. I worked with a lot of friends so it was easy.
serious and fun work
Pastry Chef (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
5 am work starting in a rush
learned the team work
we have a friendly management
and easy reliable coworkers
the hardests time is the early and the easiest and more enjoyable when we send our delivary out
Generally a fun and productive work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2015
Nice people to work with, they made me feel at home when I first started and they still do. the hardest part of the job is keeping the customers happy but the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end results when the customers are happy.
Awesome starting job
Meat Clerk/Wrapper (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: long lunches/ payed for breaks
Cons: not enough hours
Great starting job. The employees and customers are easy to work with making for a productive day. Metro is a unionized company so they protect their employees well.
Great Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
I was a cashier and operated the till. I would meet a variety of customers and meet many new people which would prove to be challenging, but ultimately fun and interesting.
Hard working enviroment
Baker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good team work
Cons: hard working
I always provided the best helping, caring , and out going energy to eldery clients. The company was good provider for our hard working long hours.
Flexible
Office Clerk (Former Employee), mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: flexible working schedule
Cons: no full time shifts
This job is probably only good for students in school, whether highschool or college/university, they don't offer full time, and they don't give out benefits for 5 years for those working part time.
Very quiet place to work at.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONMarch 7, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: short lunch breaks
It has been a very long time since I have worked at Metro since I was working there when it was still called A&P. However working at Metro was a very relaxed passing job. I learned how to prep fruit and vegetables, making fruit and vegetable trays, assisting customers in person and over the phone and also stalking shelves.
Very organized and fun working environment
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 5, 2015
controled management (in a positive manner) and friendly co-workers
learnt new things as CSR in a superstore. new experience in a Union job
Comfortable And Straight-Forward Approach
Produce Department Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: 10 min. washroom break
Cons: work is tedious and slightly straining
My job included sorting, managing and maintaining products that fell under the produce category. My instruction and the work both done by myself and alongside my fellow employees was expected to be done swiftly and flawlessly, but was enjoyable nonetheless because of the company that I was associated with.
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 27, 2015
Metro , is a good place to work at to gain exposure to customer relations and customer satisfaction. the employees were treated nicely and were given breaks and vacations where due.

1 2 3 4 5

About Metro

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation's transportation agencies. It serves – Read more