Metro Employee Reviews

Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2017
Day to day work included processing customers orders and managing any customer complaints or concern that popped up. Co workers were great, but that depends on the people.
Loved Metro
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON6 January 2017
I was a cahsier and it was the best. You meet a lot of people and it's great overall. It can get boring and that is a con though. You will only want a cashier job as well if you have good social skills.
Fast Paced environment and usually very busy
Bakery Packer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
Typically, many customers throughout the day. Ability to handle customer inquiries and answer questions is an essential skill to have. Learned a lot about customer service skills, time management, problem solving, and taking initiative.
good place to work
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2016
overall great place to work, left to go to school, great people to work for, although they didn't give me enough hours I enjoyed working there, my boss and co workers were amazing
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not enough hours
Fun, Straightforward
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON13 December 2016
Good environment, nice management and an opportunity to talk to a variety of different people. Although I would consider this "a high school job", I picked up social skills that have made me the outgoing person I am today.
Terrible for longtime work and steady hours
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 December 2016
do not go here if your looking for a solid position or longer hours, shifts normally don't exceed 5 hours and you may only get 2-3 days a week in positions such as deli. Management is terrible, expect to be treated rudely and unforgiving for any circumstance. Unhealthy cleaning habits will leave you feeling sick and not really caring that they don't even give a discount to employees. You deserve better don't work here.
Pros
Nice coworkers most of the time
Cons
Ridiculous hours, Minimum wage.
Good Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
This is an awesome place to work, across the street from where i live. People are great to work with and lots of fun with employees.
Work and like to help and share and have fun and respect with each other
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
I was work with A&P Domions and Metro doing stock preson and facing check the code (dates) I broke my 4th finger that's why they let me go in Aug 2020 cuz no jobs

I let you know I am painter for a long time interior and exterior too
Pros
Anything
Cons
More hours and night shift to plow sidewalk till I am done my jobs ok
Great People
Baker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 November 2016
Good people to work for. Great co-workers. The job description worked well for me. Made good friends and easy to get along with. They treat you with respect. People in other departments were friendly also.
fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 November 2016
i loved being a cashier at metro. provided excellent customer service and quickly got customers orders through and bagged properly. learned a lot about dealing with the general public and being able to effectively and positively deal with customers who were not exactly satisfied or happy
fun place to work in
front cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
good atmosphere and team work
close to home
great management
good hours
the hardest part of the job is learning the codes
dealing with costumers
Pros
double air miles
Cons
Busy and fast paced but a fun enviornent to work in.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 November 2016
A typical day at work was very busy, especially in the evenings and weekends. As a bakery clerk, I learned how to keep track of inventory and manage my time efficiently. I also developed customer service skills and learned how to manage a tricky situation with an unhappy customer. In my opinion, management was very friendly and knew what they were doing. Although some co-workers might disagree. The hardest part of the job was the amount of work we were required to complete in a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts and very few hours a week.
bullying
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 November 2016
somebody bullyied me at work and with a baseball bat theat and I quiet and now the manger are saying that the fired me. did not pay me all what they owe me.
Pros
Cons
everything
u could work around your schedule with your kiids
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hyway 103 November 2016
It is a fun place to work some days it can be hard expecially when some one call offf it left u hanging !!!! I work with some good co- workers we work together hello each other get the job done and I'm very easy to work with .some time management doesn't not listen to what u say but u just do your job .
Pros
Not enough hrs
Cons
Wedges should be more
Great place to work. Like a big family
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  2515 Bank st ottawa Ontario21 October 2016
I've been there for 18 years. Fellow employees are like family. That includes management. We like to have fun while we work. Creates a great environment to want to work harder and be your best
Pros
Regular customers. Great coworkers
Cons
No more room for advancement in salary
Enjoyable Environment
Baker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 October 2016
I would recommend Metro to anyone looking for their first real job as it is a very timid place to work and everyone there was very easy to get along with.
Metro food basics is good but they need to show more care to their employee..
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 September 2016
This company needs to be more concern to their hardworking people instead of focusing everything about themselves as a company..they need to realize that behind the success they have are the harworking employees..employees doesnt have sick days too...
Pros
Unionize
Cons
No compensation at all
Unfair workplace with difficult staff
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2016
A typical day would be putting produce up on the shelf and helping customers to improve their grocery shopping experience with our company. Ive learned how to deal with all sorts of customers, and co-workers. Im able to manage my time and prioritize my work. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with disrespectful co-workers that only look out for themselves and don't work together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer and making a difference in their shopping experience with our company.
Pros
Take breaks at your own discretion
Cons
Unfair Treatment
Associates were great to work with. Corporate heirarchy distant
Cashier and Cut Fruit Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON30 August 2016
Typical Retail setting. Union shop . Little if any opportunity for advancement. High turnover. Only a few full time employees.
Good with equipment and supplies. Took safety seriously.
Store Management approachable and helpful.
very fun, and flexible jo growing up
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON28 August 2016
Metro has been a wonderful work experience for me throughout the years. It has helped me to grow in terms of my customer relation skills, problem solving, and critical thinking. Moving forward, due to my seniority within metro I will be able to work my hours at metro around whatever new job I am granted to opportunity to work at.