Metro Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 February 2017
needs to have time management, fun and productive work environment, places to grow with in the company , very strong business
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2017
Great company to work for as a first time job, they paid okay could have paid a bit more but also a lot of restructuring with management and the closing of certain stores. union based so good for things like that
Pros
union
Cons
24hrs
Working at Metro
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON8 February 2017
It is fun in the beginning but becomes very boring after a while. Its very slow paced. You work weird hours without the appropriate breaks. Management is very different some are nice while others just need to retire. I've learned patience and how to deescalate a situation.
Good hours - Friendly Management
Part Time Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 February 2017
Good hours - Friendly Management - Consistent work

Good for students looking to work a manageable amount of hours without hassle
Its is ok wrking there. I think it is time for change. Plus i have moved away from hamilton now
Produce Clerk and salad bar clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 February 2017
I have har a good time working there. I have grown as a individual. Meet new friends in which i call family. Have learned new things in which i am grateful for
Pros
No pro
Cons
Not good pay
Great fun and exciting place to work
Mo - Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO31 January 2017
Great environment for people oriented individuals. Great customer building skills and dealing with the public. Fun way to meet people in all walks of life. Never a boring day.
Pros
GREAT PAY
Cons
LONG HOURS
Challenging
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON26 January 2017
=Zero recogniton of good work
=Management concerned solely with sales, not customer service or satisfaction
=Hardest part of job was fear of dismissal
=Great co-workers
Lots of supportive managment and a good system placed.
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  3663 Tecumseh Rd East23 January 2017
Working at Metro taught me a lot about managing different tasks at once while also helping customers with whatever they needed. The management was very helpful and supportive along with the coworkers who became friends of mine after awhile. They put a lot of trust in their coworkers to close down the departments at the end of the day, it would usually just be me and one other worker closing down the deli area but there were always lists to follow which helped things go smoothly.
okay environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
working at metro wasn't my dream job obviously but it is a good starter job and they teach you basic skills. the skills taught are generally used when working in the hospitality field.
Pros
reductions on our lunches
Cons
long hours on your feet
Great work environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Everyday at Metro is something different, I never stop learning. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public, and being able to help the customers.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2017
Day to day work included processing customers orders and managing any customer complaints or concern that popped up. Co workers were great, but that depends on the people.
Loved Metro
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON6 January 2017
I was a cahsier and it was the best. You meet a lot of people and it's great overall. It can get boring and that is a con though. You will only want a cashier job as well if you have good social skills.
Fast Paced environment and usually very busy
Bakery Packer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
Typically, many customers throughout the day. Ability to handle customer inquiries and answer questions is an essential skill to have. Learned a lot about customer service skills, time management, problem solving, and taking initiative.
good place to work
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2016
overall great place to work, left to go to school, great people to work for, although they didn't give me enough hours I enjoyed working there, my boss and co workers were amazing
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not enough hours
Fun, Straightforward
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON13 December 2016
Good environment, nice management and an opportunity to talk to a variety of different people. Although I would consider this "a high school job", I picked up social skills that have made me the outgoing person I am today.
Terrible for longtime work and steady hours
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 December 2016
do not go here if your looking for a solid position or longer hours, shifts normally don't exceed 5 hours and you may only get 2-3 days a week in positions such as deli. Management is terrible, expect to be treated rudely and unforgiving for any circumstance. Unhealthy cleaning habits will leave you feeling sick and not really caring that they don't even give a discount to employees. You deserve better don't work here.
Pros
Nice coworkers most of the time
Cons
Ridiculous hours, Minimum wage.
Good Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
This is an awesome place to work, across the street from where i live. People are great to work with and lots of fun with employees.
Work and like to help and share and have fun and respect with each other
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
I was work with A&P Domions and Metro doing stock preson and facing check the code (dates) I broke my 4th finger that's why they let me go in Aug 2020 cuz no jobs

I let you know I am painter for a long time interior and exterior too
Pros
Anything
Cons
More hours and night shift to plow sidewalk till I am done my jobs ok
Great People
Baker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 November 2016
Good people to work for. Great co-workers. The job description worked well for me. Made good friends and easy to get along with. They treat you with respect. People in other departments were friendly also.
fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 November 2016
i loved being a cashier at metro. provided excellent customer service and quickly got customers orders through and bagged properly. learned a lot about dealing with the general public and being able to effectively and positively deal with customers who were not exactly satisfied or happy