Metro Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly work place with flexible hours
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
Greeting and Serving customers at service desk and cash registers, assisting with any shopping queries and promoting Metro Air Miles Card to offer shopping points for redemption. Part of the role also includes maintaining floor ambience, tidying up, product placement and face-up, cash picks-ups and end of day balancing
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2017
It was a a nice environment to work in. Everyone was very welcoming and easy to get along with. When I first joined the team everyone was extremely helpful when I needed assistance.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
Seeing new faces and having conversations
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 July 2017
Metro's a nice job. I meet new people everyday, I get to have conversations and make peoples days a little bit brighter everytime they come through my line.
Pros
Meet nice new people
Cons
Lots of memorization
Bunch of kids working part time
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Was not the right job for me. They acted as more of a clique than anything and cut hours for no reason. Would not recommend working at this company.
Nice people, enjoyed working for Metro
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2017
People enjoyed working for metro, managers were kind generous and got their hands dirty. People were very friendly and willing to work hard for the company
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Bonne ambiance de travaille
Embaleur (Current Employee) –  Alma, QC10 July 2017
Il est plaisant de travailler chez metro car le monde y son sympathique
Pros
Les horraire
Cons
Syndicats
Good Environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Very good staff and environment, people are who they seem what you see is what you get which is good because it makes you more secure in the environment
Horrible treatment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 June 2017
Have worked at metro for 5 years....bairly any raise, so much unwanted and unneeded stress and drama, horrible treatment of employees, hardley any benefits after five years, no bonuses for hard work and no discounts.....
A good job for a Student
Front Desk Cashier and Courtesy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
The Hours were flexible toward Students and had a good balance between work and school. I learned many valuable skills throughout my position there and am very happy I worked there.
I have good skills.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  West mall 17023 June 2017
I am active learner. And also good time managements.
Good interrelation with people and social person. I have strong work ability with high skills and great experience .
Pros
Cons
8 hrs
Decent work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2017
Management is professional and easy going however they do not seem to truly care for their employees. Job overall is easy and does not require much skill.
Easy job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Working at Metro was easy, as cashier/customer service. I learned interpersonal skills and how to handle customers in tough situations. The management is nice.
Environnement agréable
Commis emballeur (Current Employee) –  Pincourt, QC15 June 2017
Agréable de travailler chez Metro. Tout le monde travaille en équipe.
Pros
Flexibles sur les indisponibilités
Cons
Pas beaucoup d'heures de jour
Very Lenient with work hours
Produce Clerk (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2017
Overall Metro was a really good place to work especially being a student due to the fact that they were very lenient when providing work hours and giving time for me to focus on school work if need be.
Metro
Actively in search of ways to assist people (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON10 June 2017
For the last 4 years that i've been at metro, it's been a good place to work. Management in the cashier department is overall flexible, and easygoing to accomondate. The biggest goal with working at metro to ensure everyone is treated fairly, and respectfully. Customer service was our biggest goal to achieve.

Easy 4-5 hour shifts, approximately 15-20 hours a week. Store manager is easygoing and polite and accomondative.
Pros
flexible, accomondative
Cons
short hours, not enough shifts p/ week.
Good company to work for
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 June 2017
Metro has a very welcoming environment to everyone, and very inclusing to new employees. The working environment is very calm, and there is always someone around to help if you are in need.
Pros
Good hours, considerate to employees
Cons
Either too many hours or not enough per week
good first job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
working as a clerk for a first job is fine.
the workers were fine, but the customers were not as nice.
sometimes you were expected to do more work than you have to.
great experience
Salad bar clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 May 2017
I enjoyed showing up to work and doing my job, I mostly worked alone. I always had a long list of things to do so time flew by. It kept me occupied and moving around, there is a bit of heavy lifting involved. I would work with the company again.
Easy going and quiet, but with room for improvement
Grocery (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2017
Metro is a place with good, easy going people. The employees work hard, however likely not at the level that others stores employees would (in my opinion obviously). Working felt a bit disorganized and messy, and you never really felt that you did a good job. The benefit that is given is that they get right to the point and tell you what to do. There isn't much explaining or training that happens, therefore its an opportunity to take the initiative to learn what you have to do and to develop your owner strategies to deal with obstacles that you face. You don't hold anybody's hand. I think that the business should take itself more seriously, in order to bring out the most in its employees. Although you know that you shouldn't slack off, the environment and supervision within the store gives you the perfect opportunity to do so, which is fine sometimes but not all the time. It is easy to lose shifts/hours if management simply decides to move random people into your department (from 30 hours to 4 a week).
Pros
Quiet, Easy going, Good people
Cons
A slight bit messy, disorganized and poorly managed
safe working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 May 2017
lots of friendly staff. the working conditions were good they never made me to anything i wasnt capable of. i worked really hard and they taught me lots of new things.