METRO

METRO Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 27, 2015
Metro , is a good place to work at to gain exposure to customer relations and customer satisfaction. the employees were treated nicely and were given breaks and vacations where due.
Deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), cloverdaleFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: adjust to your schedule
Cons: the heat
typical day is to have pizzas prepared for customers. you take their order. the most enjoyable part is interacting with customes
somewhat enjoyable
Bookkeeper/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: not full time
balance all tills
safe balance
new schedule entry
entry of any schedule changes and employees updates
cash pickups
entry of any invoices
customer service
cash when needed
balance lottery tickets
dealing with customer and employee problems
Fun place but horrible staff
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2015
It's a fun place to work but staff and management are horrible and don't care about the employees and also never do much work.
Fun to work at and great co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 1 hour break
Cons: short hours
Metro was a good environment because everybody there was friendly, very helpful and the manager was very supportive to everyone. I learned a lot at metro while I was there about the cash register, and also produce. the hardest part of my job was standing for long periods of time, but I got over that once I got used to it. I enjoyed pretty much everything at metro except for the short hours.
Fun place of emplyment
Seafood Clerk/Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), LeamingtonFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad hours
A stress-free work experience with great people and great management. I learned a lot of different seafood cuisine and improved my people skill and customer service.
very fast paced position
cut fruits/deli (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioFebruary 18, 2015
the people i work with are really helpful and friendly. Its a faced paced environment and i manage fine. My job title involves cutting fruits and packaging for sale in the fresh produce department.
Good rhythm, a lot of work.
Commis d'épicerie (Former Employee), Val-davidFebruary 3, 2015
It was fun overall, but you have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Working fast and effectively is a must. Good work place, nothing bad to say.
Fun workplace but poor management
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fantastic co-workers, close to campus
Cons: often felt belittled by my superiors
Shifts at Metro were an average of 6 hours and consisted of processing grocery orders, interacting with customers, cleaning my assigned cash and the area surrounding it, fielding customer concerns and complaints, and sometimes acting as a witness/backup when my supervisors performed cash pickups.

Overall, I've had a very positive experience at Metro, mostly due to my excellent relationships with my co-workers and regular customers. There isn't much opportunity for advancement but I was aware of that when I took the job; I was looking for easy employment that would give me enough hours per month to support myself. Nevertheless, I've learned important (if difficult) lessons in conflict management, especially during my temporary stint as overnight supervisor in December.

My reason for seeking out new employment lies with a recent change in management. My positive experiences with them have been few and far between. Furthermore, their recent decision to cut hours has left me in an awkward position, as I live on my own and rely on this job to pay my living expenses. Though unfortunate, I believe this is a good opportunity to look for new employment relevant to my interests and studies.
Learning Experience and a Fun Work Place
Floral Designer (Current Employee), Ajax, OnJanuary 25, 2015
My typical week at work daily is a breakdown of things to do.

Check all flower dates upon arrival.
Dispose of expired flower arrangements and 10 day guaranteed bouquets.
Change all water in all flowers.
Make flower arrangements needed for the week.
Unload all stock orders from the warehouse.
Serve customers threw out the day wrapping items, cashing them out threw cash register cash,debit,credit transactions.
Take phone orders
Change pricing for the new week sale every Thursday

What i learned

To make arrangements the metro way
Cash out customers
Wrapping flower arrangement for customers
How to price an arrangement
Cleaning procedures
Take customers phone order
Procedure after making an arrangement calculating the arrangement for the store records
Tracking waist

My manager is amazing she teaches very well and has a lot of patience she is fun to work with.

Co-workers have not met them yet

My hardest part of the job is to be creative with different flowers

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different flowers and making the customer happy the best way i can.
Productive, educational work environment
Meat Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
I was able to balance school full time and work at Metro, they supported my studying and class schedule
productive workplace
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
A part-time position with a minimum salary. I have friendly and supportive co-workers. I work effectively with my team and
independently and posses good problem-solving skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with customers.
Productive workplace with a variety of ages in the working staff; lots of experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2014
Pros: double airmiles
Cons: short breaks
- A typical day at work as a cashier included beginning one's shift with the cleaning and organization of their workspace, dealing with costumers and using the cashier register, putting back items when costumers decided they did not want them any longer, and cleaning up workspace before punching out

-I learned how to use a cashier register effectively and how the grocery department works

-The managers were helpful when it came to the work, but were not so understanding about personal issues happening because of school and family matters

-Co-workers were really helpful and friendly, they always made sure one knew they were not alone

-Hardest part of the job was keeping the costumers calm whenever there were long lines

-Most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations one was able to have with the costumers
My Store closed
Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 12, 2014
I liked the job and would have stayed for a while, but the store ended up closing due to head office
Fast paced, fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
Working at Metro was such a joyful expeirence. A typical day was filled with smiles and laughs. Nothing but good customers and co workers.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service / Stocker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: no cons
Cons: lots of hours, and team environment
Metro is an amazing place to work..Customers and staff were awesome to work with
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), torontoNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good team building
Cons: not enough hours
management at metro is a very understanding team. collectively they bring up employee morale by using the human relations theory of hearing the employees needs and wants.
Warm, productive and enjoyable talking to different people everyday
Customer Service/Cashier, H&S Rep. and Trainer (Current Employee), BramptonNovember 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and times
Cons: lack of communication and minimum wage pay
At work I run the customer service desk which requires assisting customers with their questions, concerns, complaints etc. as well as managing the front-end floor. I need to manage breaks, money deposits, change, cashiers etc. The most enjoyably part of the job would be interacting with different customers each day with different problems etc. that I as the customer service rep. needs to learn to deal with in a professional manner The hardest part of the job would be trying to communicate with everyone around the store to get things done since everyone is on shift work. Co-workers are excellent, friendly and work hard but sometimes they need some direction to fix a problem. I have learned and developed excellent customer service skills, management skills, time management skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills. I have developed further the ability to work as part of a team, in a team oriented environment as well as working alone and being able to manage projects solely such as being the health and safety rep.
hard place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONOctober 30, 2014
you were unable to grow with the company and kept dropping hours,
the management was terrible but has sense improved , the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with customers and the most staff were great to work with.
productive and a great place to work.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 28, 2014
This job has helped me grow as a person, being my first job has helped me become more confident in myself. I have also learned great customer service, communication and team working skills. It was a very physical job, I would be lifting up to 60+ lbs. I would have to say the best part of this job would be the friends ive made, and the people I've met.

1 2 3 4 5

About METRO

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation's transportation agencies. It serves – Read more