Metro News

Metro News Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and enjoyable with a lot of flexability
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Multiple store Walmart , Target , Home DepotFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible work times, independance
Cons: part-time with no benifits
A typical day would be to arrive at the set location remove and pack-up older stock and replenish with new weekly magazines, then by following a planogram pull older books, re-planogram existing books and then put out all new book arrivals in the proper locations. Set up displays of products.

I usually work independently or with one other employee when the work load is heavy.

I have to deal with store management when I am needing to set-up a display and need extra floor space. I only have to deal with management of Metro News if a change has occurred and I need to get new directions.

The hardest part of the job is that it can be labor intensive at time, there can be a lot of lifting of heavy boxes of books.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility, the independence , I really enjoy the organizational part and finally I enjoy helping the customers with their inquiries.
Great company to work for.
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONNovember 21, 2014
I work alone
My manager is great!!
I love working with the public
Great manager and awesome coworkers
Assistant Book Buyer and Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
-great manager and awesome team member
-a lot of opportunities to improve excel skills
-learned a lot about publishing and distribution industry
Productive and energetic work environment
Human Resource Internship (Former Employee), scarborough, onOctober 20, 2013
Pros: free magazines
Cons: n/a
amazing environment to work in fast passed and friendly, detail specific, wsib form, representation of management, and directly following upon claims, Occupational health and safety procedures
great team atmoshere
Outside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), London OntJune 11, 2013
Pros: community events we get to attend
Cons: the lack of support and guidence
Selling print advertising programs. Calling on existing business and cold calling new business to build lasting relationships. Helping local business to create advertising campaigns that would build awareness in the community.
The management is not really present very little help.
The co workers are wonderful! Fun and energetic.
Print advertising is a very challenging sale.
Most enjoyable part of the job is creating the relationships with business owners and working with them to create effective ads.
Metro News is a large and as such short sighted corporation
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Goderich ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: moderately flexible work hours
Cons: seldom see your superiors for feedback
If you don't mind working for a faceless bureaucracy on their terms then you won't mind this company