Metro Inc.

Metro Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A productive and busy place, where customer service is the number one priority.
Express Service Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2013
Pros: food was always nearby; frequent interaction with people; friendly management and coworkers
Cons: short breaks; slow hours made work boring; little control over scheduling
A typical shift for myself would be around 4-6 hours long and be compromised of processing customer transactions, while keeping my area clean and organized. I would normally get a 15 minute break, in which I could eat something quickly then return to finish my shift.

From working at Metro Inc., I have learned how to operate a cash register and work – more... for long periods of time in a fast-paced work environment. It has also taught me how to provide excellent customer service and learn to persevere through work, despite personal issues or other challenges.

I thought most of the management was amazing. They were fair, kept an eye on ongoing operations and engaged with customers to increase their shopping experience. I also found out that one manager in particular had really appreciated my contribution to Metro Inc. and let me know this, which made me feel great.

Most of my co-workers were very laid back, yet hardworking. This made for a great work environment and allowed me to thrive as part of a strong team.

The hardest part of my job was memorizing the codes for every produce item in the store and being able to identify the item to which it belonged to. If that doesn't sound hard, I'll let you know that we had 7 different types of eggplant alone, all with different codes.

By far the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to talk with people frequently, because if they were in a good mood we could have a nice chat about anything. Or even if they weren't having the greatest day, I would do my best to cheer them up and finish my job efficiently, so as to leave them with a better state of mind. – less
Overall a workplace that kept both the mind and body active.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: benefits, hours of work, wages
Cons: accessibility from my current location
Typically the day started by culling off code product. Then assessed requirements for the days production. Checked orders and began decorating cakes along with serving customer's needs. I learned time management, people skills, WHMIS, health and safety, cleanliness, how to effectively deal with fellow employees and management. I thoroughly enjoyed the – more... job the hardest part being when it became extremely busy at the same time trying to process people's orders. I enjoyed dealing with the public, meeting new people as well as interacting with established customers. – less

About Metro Inc.

MetroGuide, located in Hollywood, Florida, U.S., has been producing online city guides for over 10 years. We produce both a ".Network," – Read more