Metro Inc. Employee Reviews

Good work environment, helpful coworkers
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 May 2017
Always clear instructions on what needs to be doing, and when it needs to be done. Store Manager takes a keen interest in maintaining standards, and passes this passion on to his Department heads, all of whom are willing to give help or advice as needed.
Pros
GREAT hour flexibility
First job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
No growth in fields like this no matter how fast you learn and how well you apply yourself. Excellent first job but do not overstay your welcome, as the old guard always wants to keep you down out of fear of losing their jobs or looking bad.
Plus difficile
Directeur (Current Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda15 April 2017
Metro, BONNE entreprise, plus difficile avec super C!
Pros
Bon prix
Cons
Main d œuvre difficile
deli/seafood worker
Deli & Seafood Department Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 April 2017
My experience at metro was just alright. Management was not very good, and my co-workers were always moody. Hard to book time off even though I was only a part time employee.
Joviale
Emballeur (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC1 April 2017
Ce fut un travail apprécié étant donner l'expérience acquises .
Pros
L’équipe
meh
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2017
Was expected to do things that were impossible to do within your hours. Worked in a really unhealthy work environment. Prejudicial coworkers and super ignorant. People who were older would start drama with everyone. It wasn't fun at all.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great people and a great environment.
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 March 2017
working at metro part time was the best choice I could have made, because everyone was very respectful and I always enjoyed working with my employees.
Pros
good people there.
Cons
Always working with fresh fruit would make me hungry.
Bon milieu de travail
Boulanger (Former Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC15 March 2017
Il y a de ça beaucoup de temps, mais, je me souviens de la magnifique ambiance de travail...
La proximité avec les clients...
Pros
Proximité, Équipe
Cons
Salaires
Pleasant environment. Challenging
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
Enjoyed working here. Alot to learn in the beginning. Wished for more hours. Very part time. Great training program. Awesome staff and employers. Great customer interaction. Organized and well informed on policy and procedures.
Pros
Pleasant clean environment
Cons
Only part time hours with no chance of working more.
Environnement agréable
Delicatessen (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2017
Journée a Metro peut passer vite ou lan dépendant du niveau de productivité et le jour. Autres employés sont très amical envers tout le monde
Cons
Aucun bénéfices
Fast pace, friendly work environment
Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
A day at Metro was always busy, and character building. This established company has standards their willing to teach.
The best thing about working for Metro is the convenience/quality of your groceries.
The hardest part was not being able to advance within the company.
great workplace
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
a typical day at work would involve cutting fruits and vegetables and placing them neatly into boxes. then laying the front tables with different kinds of products.
Love my job at Metro
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON26 February 2017
I really love my job at metro. I'm just finishing up my last year of high school. I get minimum wage. It's a very fun exciting job that is always changing. I started about 10 months ago and that put me at the bottom of seniority so I only got about 0-8 hours a week. I'm getting about 8-16 hours now. If someone below me had more hours than me you can easily call and take one of their shifts so you can have more hours. There's always lots to do so you're not always standing around. Most coworkers are nice and actually care about you. New management has made metro look really good.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Schedule is very unpredictable
alot of different tasks to do ur necer standing still
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 February 2017
Always working and alot of tasks. We have to make trays and clean and cook. Always alot of customer service and slicing meat.
Pros
good hours
No raise after a year and running my own department
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Was expected to do multiple jobs for minimum wage and was given no incentive to stay at the company after almost 2 years. I was repeatedly called into work on my days off and guilt tripped by store managers to bail them out of a no call no show. I learned to not answer the phone when they called on my days off very within the first few months. The union worked more to your disadvantage and limited you on your hours and how much you could earn more than they would protect your rights as an employee. I was working often 6 days a week 30 hours a week (5 hours shifts) so that I couldn't get full-time benefits and I would never have a weekend off and would only get a 15 minute break daily. Half of the staff suffered from some sort of mental disability or physical handicap or limitation and the union would protect them so you would be often dealing with multiple workloads.
it was pretty good
Produce/Grocery/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
metro march rd.
it was a fun place to work...some creepy staff but overall a great beginning job for someone looking to acquire and develop skills. Management was not good but not terrible. Many good memories and great co-workers
I enjoyed it
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 February 2017
The location i worked at was enjoyable, decently well run for the amount of customer it took in on a daily. The staff was pleasant and the overall experience was Great.
Productive, stable work place with great work environment and benefits.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 January 2017
Productive, stable work place with great work environment and benefits. I really enjoy the pharmacy team and our pharmacy is run by an awesome Manager. Overall great place to work.
tres bien
Bouchére (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC9 January 2017
j'ai quand même été longtemps a cet endroit alors j'ai passer de très belle année
le travaille de bouchère est quand même dur pour une femme mais il y a quand même moyen de le faire .
le travaille d'équipe est très présent alors beaucoup de plaisir
I had a very good experience over all
bakery manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
I managed the bakery dept. I was responsible for the employees, the day to day tasks, the ordering,inventory,scheduling.
Best part of my job was working with public on a day to day bases.
I love the customer service aspect
Pros
experience
Cons
that you're only a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval