MetriCan Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
productive
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 July 2017
Good busy company. Able to learn about setup and production of punch press operation and inspection of quality production. Coworkers are very friendly. Management of the company are cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the company is 3 days off in a week and the hardest part is 10 hrs shift.
Pros
Half an hour paid break.
Cons
long hour
Great place to work and expand skills
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 June 2017
MetriCan is an inviting workplace and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job in the Stamping, Tool & Die industry. Staff and Management are great and willing to aid new hires. I never once felt unwanted or lost.
Pros
Friendly work environment, close to GO Train.
Grateful to have a job.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 March 2017
I enjoy coming to work. If I am unsure about something, there is always someone there to help and guide me.
The plant is very clean. Management have an open door policy.
Very family oriented.
I am a press operator.
Pros
BBQ for staff every year, coffee and deserts at Xmas.
Cons
repetative work
Productive and exciting environment for any level of position
Junior Design Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 March 2017
Exciting place to start a career as a Tool and Die Designer with extremely helpful colleagues and management. Ample amount of information to learn and expand your horizon everyday. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe.
Pros
The culture is fun and fosters learning and growth given the immense intricacy of stamping.
Cons
None other identified yet except for data being unorganized
Productive workplace with the best management
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 March 2017
One of the best places for an entry level person with a very nice work environment. The company encourages feedback and new ideas. The employees and the management are very helpful and easygoing which creates a very stress-free and a productive environment. I not only learned a lot about the company but also about tool and die designing.
Pros
Metrican gives a person an opportunity to learn vast amount of knowledge about the industry.
Cons
Metrican could improve in terms of organizing its data.
Awesome environment for an entry level person.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 March 2017
Best place to start a career as a tool and die designer. You get to learn new stuff everyday given the vastness and complexities of stamping industry.
Pros
There are no impedance on the way of learning about tool design or any other work for that matter.
Cons
Lack of organization in term of documentation.
Fast paced enviroment that keeps on your toes. Fun and very team oriented.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 November 2016
Everyday is different, and it really ties people together. Management is always working to ensure you are comfortable, but also requires that you are challenging yourself; It makes you feel like you are apart of something dynamic and alive.

I've personally learned a lot about what it takes to become a member of a team. You have to bring something of value to the table, something that makes everyone's life a little bit easier. Something that makes people see you as an asset.

I really enjoy going in in the morning; I always know what I am going to do and I also know there is a chance something new will come up and require people to get together to find a solution.

Also sometimes there is cake.
fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 December 2014
At Metrican Stamping, a typical day is just that; a typical day. I worked there through an agency and received very low pay.

Apart from the constant noise from all the machines in the facility it wasn't too unpleasant to work there. While most co-workers were nice enough, because of the constant noise, it was hard to communicate and make any real connection.

The hardest part of the job, in my experience, was standing in one spot sometimes the whole day as well as the noise.

The most enjoyable part was probably when I was told that were happy with my work.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
constant high level of noise and low pay
Customer Service
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington3 September 2014
Love working with customers and problem solving daily issues.
Not the best place for moral, supervisors need people skills
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 November 2013
job in itself is good , supervisors could be better, moral is low, no Christmas party for adults .coworkers are great, the hardest part of the job is dumping bins of scrap out back in bad weather. the most enjoyable part of the job is the four days off I get .LOL
Pros
3 days on, 12.5 hr shifts or 4- 10 hr shift rotation
Cons
vacation pay is paid out in july, instead of being paid on the time you book off
Have to work as a temp first
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 April 2013
Making metal parts on presses.
Needed to be supervisor favouritte to advance.