METHANEX CORPORATION Employee Reviews in Canada

Best place I have worked so far - high expectations but with high reward.
Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaApril 11, 2013
I am thoroughly impressed with Methanex as an organization. The culture in our office is great, everyone is friendly and the company makes genuine effort to ensure employees are able to get to know each other through numerous corporate events. Compared to previous employers, Methanex is by far an employer of choice for me. I would recommend anyone thinking of applying for a position definately does so, you will not be disappointed.
Pros
salary above industry medium but still with in the standard range, benefits are great, genuine care for employees in regards to both their well being and career development
Cons
the global nature limits your face to face interaction with coworkers, you have to be prepared to work odd hours as needed to cater to the many different time-zones
Incredible experience
Process Operator (Power Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCApril 9, 2013
Well, I worked at Methanex for 17 years. The community of Kitimat, BC was incredible. A great community to raise a family(which my wife and I did). Many outdoor activities available there.
Methanex Kitimat was a smaller, yet world class operation. My co-workers were awesome, the pay was very good.
The ability to learn the whole process from utilities(river water, railcar/shipping/wharf division), process areas, panel operations, fire team, training junior personnel, procedure writing, etc..

Unfortunately, the bad part was Methanex ceasing operation in Kitimat and my wife and I having to move on(which has turned out to be a very good thing also though).
Pros
the area, the people, the experience
Cons
closing down
Pipefitter/ MOC/Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCOctober 10, 2015
Great place to work and gather experience.

The personal training programs were top notch.

People at site were great to work with.
Pros
Training was excellent
Cons
Not in buisnees any more
no organization
NA (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 20, 2013
Management very good at delegating, especially when it comes to laying blame. There are some really great employees there, as far as coworkers are concerned. They need to retire some of their management
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no support for work and focus is always on mistakes
Pushing people up!
Process Technician, Power engineer (Former Employee) –  Kitimat BCSeptember 23, 2014
Great place to work! Enjoyed the people and the culture like it was extended family! Together they pushed and pulled each of us upward yet the culture demanding excellence on and off the job.
Training was great, work was made safe, evaluations by pier group taught us to know and learn our fields well then to train the new guys. Cross training and (best of all) there was no need for a union.

Too bad the plant was closed
Pros
company culture was the best ever!
Cons
shift work could be tough
Their Way or the Highway
Trades Person (Current Employee) –  Medicine HatApril 7, 2013
No standards throughout organization. Except when you do something they don't like, they throw the policies and procedures book at you.
Pros
if you stay there long enough, eventually you will become a member of the star chamber.
Cons
performance reviews are fixed, no matter how well you do, you can never score higher than satisfactory.
Great work environment, amazing career opportunity
Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 12, 2014
A Responsible Care Company, who values every employee. Employees are always recognized for their work ethics day to day. It is a team based environment.
Pros
friendly, good work environment, meetings with lunches
Water Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABOctober 10, 2014
Work only lasted for the startup and recomissioning of the plant.