MetCredit Employee Reviews

Productive and tough place to work
Settlements and Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2016
Fabulous place to work. Hardest part of the job is collecting money from the debtors.

Otherwise it is not at all difficult.

As usual many of them are not interested in improving their credit score.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Very Long Hours
Stressful and unrealistic targets
Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2016
This industry (collections) is driven by meeting set targets, which are usually very high. It is nearly impossible to meet them and many people are let go of as a result. It is very stressful to work under such circumstances. Not many employees stay longer than 6 to 12 months here. Pay is low and hours are long. This is not the right fit for someone with a family or looking for future career advancement.
Cons
Long hours, low pay
A good place to build a career
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
I started out at MetCredit as a student. It was my first job, and I was eager but inexperienced. They worked with me to gain skills and confidence, and I learned a lot about different business models, accounts receivable and many other aspects of dealing with customers. I admired the constant encouragement to uphold respect for the individual in all situations. That is something I have carried me in building my career and taking on bigger challenges. Yes, it's challenging work. Performance matters. Just like in real life. Now, with a young family, I would definitely encourage my kids to work at MetCredit, because they would have the opportunity to learn as much as I did. The CEO worked his way up from the collection floor, and takes interest in people who are professional, show ambition, and understand the value of respect.
Pros
Free transit, a range of personalities. Support when you need it.
Cons
Being held to account for performance is not for everyone
learning experience
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2016
I worked for.met credit for about a week over all I have to say the staff was outstanding and there was a positive place taught me a lot about myself and realized it wasn't for me
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
long hours pressure in getting commission
Horrible place to work
Creditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
nothing good to say, its a terrible place to work. Just all around bad from the management to the day to day environment. Just horrible.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2016
The work environment was great working in the heart of downtown Edmonton. The people whom I worked with will be forever friends. I gained so much knowledge about collections and the legal aspect of collections. My legal manager made it a pleasure to work for him and i am grateful to him for challenging me everyday to produce my full potential.
Pros
Great Hours
I love working here
N/A (Current Employee) –  Edmonton25 September 2015
I am a present employee and I do love working here, fun environment and great staff to work with. The only con is dealing with the negative stress but it is taught of how to handle these situations.
Good oppurtunity , poor management .
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2015
I worked there briefly , during the interview they made it seem like I would be making good commission and that they were a business that prides itself on integrity and fairness , as soon as I arrived commission is only given if you meet their ungodly stretch goals , if you do not reach the target your job will be on the line and will use intimidation tactics to get results , do not like how they treat their debtors and did some things to borderline harass . Did not like using scripted conversations , the overall management is horrible , no communication between managers who like to demean employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Downtown location, set shifts
Cons
Long hours, poor management .
Do not bother
collector (Former Employee) –  mississauga26 June 2015
I worked here for about a year. my co-workers were great, friendly, funny and made it fun to show up to work. Management was rude and disrespectful and acted as though they were doing you a favor by keeping you employed. They spoke down to you, and told you confidential information ( they were going to fire you, but they are giving you a chance). they play favorites as well, if you hit your target every month, then they will accommodate your needs, and give you big files to collect on. If you aren't the best collector, or do not hit your target every month, you are swept under the rug. Everything is a numbers game. The christmas party is dreadful, we had it in the office, did not take the time the book a hall or take us out to a nice restaurant. Everyone gosspis over there, including managers. I told my manager confidential information about a personal situation i was going through, which is why i would be taking time off, and it was discussed with the other managers.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
long hours, work weekends
Great place to get foundation of collections and credit
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2015
Great income possibility, hard work pays. Leadership are experts and leaders in field and very ethically run organization. I worked there for 7 years, could be stressful at times however that was more self inflicted to get results.
Pros
great income opportunity
Cons
income varies by assigned portfolio
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Mississauga25 January 2015
To learn negotiating strategies to reach a mutual agreement.
Excellent Starter Job
Skip Tracer/Collections (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2015
This was an opportunity to get your feet wet in terms of learning what happens when a person does not treat their credit with the respect that it deserves. Reading credit bureaus and tracing delinquent accounts was the primary focus.
Collecting for Bell Canada & Bell Mobility
Collection Officer, Bell Canada and Bell Mobility (Former Employee) –  Bell, ON12 September 2014
- Train new employees
- Number 1 in highest commission collected $13,600 Commission
- Trace & locate Debtors, licensed across Canada
- Manage auto-dialer and manual collection processes
- Notify Debtors of overdue accounts and payments
- Answer Clients Inquires & provide Information
- Maintain records and files, Prepare Reports, Equifax and Trans Union reports
- Store update & Retrieve Financial Data
- Work with online accounts & systems, Perform general office duties
- Extensive use of Windows, MS Excel, MS Access, Outlook, Quantrax System, Attention to Detail
Persue Excellency
Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2014
Everyday at work is a learning experience.
Learned couple of new portfolios and new techniques to increase productivity for my client.

Effective communication between management and peers helps to focus on the objectives and reach the ultimate goal.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when a debtor appreciates the call at the end our conversation and established trust.
Alcoholics
Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 April 2014
You will often catch the manager for telus drinking on the job
Pros
Hours
Cons
When they start drinking the management isn't nice
a fast past and productive environment
Collections Agent/ Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  argentia and missigauga road18 March 2014
Daily responsibilities include calling clients with high or low over due balances and as siting them in reducing the balance owed

Working with this company one should expect to obtain knowledge in credit applications, quantrax and eqifax knowledge.

Management and co workers are easy to get along with as long as you are making sales and not taking their clients

The most challenging part of the job is getting the client to understand what neglecting to clear their outstanding glance will do to them but on the opposite side the most enjoyable part of the day is see a client you have spoken to, agree to clear their outstanding balance and
Pros
Shorten work period by and hour on fridays
Cons
will have to work every other saturday unpaid for
Too Much Pressure
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2014
Worked for about 8 months, at beginning felt great, as the weeks went by, every month at least 8 phone call reviews...which always bumbed you out. Management too rude and make you feel so low that you just want to leave.

I had to quit, as I felt they were hurting my self esteem.
Pros
Free Refreshments, Freebies
Cons
Long hours, High Targets, Phone Call Reviews
good place to work overall
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2013
good team leaders who coach you through your duties. good place to work overall
extremely unreliable management
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2013
poorly managed organization, managers drink alcohol on the job, and speak to collection staff in a very unpleasant and disrespectful manner.
competetive collection company
Licensed collection officer and Tracer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario17 January 2013
A well organised enviroment. Helpful co-workers and managers.
Pros
lots of company paid lunches and picnics
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetCredit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7