Reporting directly to the President of Metalumen Manufacturing Inc., you would be responsible for increasing sales and maintaining or increasing current margins. The Regional Sales Manager will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. You will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company.
Skills and Responsibilities
1. Develops a market profile and presence
o Assists with the definition of overall strategic direction, strategies and priorities
o Translates finalized strategic direction into practical operating plans for implementation
o Constructs a comprehensive, resilient client base and network to drive business initiatives
o Consolidates and reports progress against plan to President and colleagues as required
2. Builds cohesive sales, marketing and customer relations effort
o Implements plans, programs and standards of performance in line with strategic objectives
o Resolves implementation challenges and optimizes operational/maintenance liaisons as needed
o Takes prompt and effective corrective action in the event of performance variances
o Reviews and refines plan/program intentions against actual practices and outcomes
3. Ensures key customer acquisition, retention and development
o Designs and implements effective strategies for acquiring, retaining profitable customers
o Aligns needed resources and supports for specific promotional initiatives and applications
o Reviews and assesses sales / customer service performance against strategic intentions
4. Identifies unique selling points and business advantages for improving market share
o Translates strategic objectives into product and service options, processes and standards
o Assists and supports the development of product / service offerings, pricing and performance criteria
o Detects and reports market trends and opportunities and recommends responsive action
o Prepares market / competitive analyses and forecasts as required to optimize market effectiveness
5. Contributes directly to results through active account management
o Gathers and makes accessible essential performance information and intelligence
o Ensures that assigned accounts are managed seamlessly and successfully to optimize profit margins
6. Contributes to relationship, culture and alliance building
o Works with other management personnel to encourage cooperation and efficiencies through best practices
o Promotes and enhances general awareness of organizational / strategic intentions, goals and standards
o Promotes alliances with internal and external resource groups to serve and support ongoing operations
o Stimulates and sustains meaningful staff involvement in community and special interest groups
o Designs, implements and monitors public and industry awareness programs to support the organization
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret customers’ production drawings and technical specifications. Thorough understanding of the manufacturing cycle.
- Thorough working knowledge of computerized business information systems and applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment in the application of established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Accurate data entry skills and review of quote information.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in the performance of the job functions, where the confidentiality of the information used and solicited in the performance of these duties is to be maintained without question.
- Ability to assimilate and interpret significant amounts of information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- A Team Player with a sense of urgency who is willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated performance and leadership qualities.
- Respects diversity and treats others with respect. Avoids unnecessary conflict
- Is energetic, innovative and shares new ideas in an effort to continuously improve the process
- Show initiative by undertaking additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions.
- Capable of initiating, developing and sustaining effective working relations with a range of others in varying circumstances
- Ability to apply new interpretations and applications to existing or familiar concepts and/or situations in a problem-solving mode.
- An attitude of personal responsibility for the attainment of a superior standard of performance or outcome.