The Metalcare Group Inc., one of Alberta’s fastest growing companies, currently has job openings for QA/QC Inspectors. These roles provide primary technical support to the Project QA/QC Manager by performing inspections and tests as directed. The job functions will be determined by the QA/QC Manager and identified on the initial Performance Evaluation. On stand-alone assignments he/she takes the lead in developing and implementing the Project Quality Plan and in supporting the project management team and the crafts in QA/QC matters. Reporting directly to the Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible but not limited to:
- Review the scope of work, specifications, and client procedures, applicable coded for each job and initial QA binder.
- Prepare an inspection and test plan (ITP), review applicable welding procedure specifications (WPS) and forward to client QA for review/approval.
- Perform receiving inspection and review of material test reports (MTRs) of each job and assign steel ID number and enter into the material receiving log.
- Ensure that appropriate steel IDs and job numbers are marked on each piece of material and such information is transferred to individual pieces before cutting.
- Issue drawings for shop fabrications.
- Verify welder qualifications.
- For new welders, review their welder qualification cards, assign a new welder ID, and update the welder qualification log. Maintain a copy their qualifications on the file.
- Perform receiving inspection on welding consumable and maintain the consumables batch reports.
- Prepare isometric weld maps to track welds on the piping system and issue to the shop for marking.
- Conduct surveillance on performance of welders in compliance with client quality program and WPS such as checking WPS parameters including preheat, filler metals.
- Carryout welding and dimensional inspections and monitor NDE activities in compliance with specifications.
- Arrange for NDE to complete weld as per ITP.
- Monitor welding NDE percentages, welder rejection rate and non-conformance status and report.
- Arrange with the client for ITP witness and hold points as per approved ITP.
- Prepare isometric weld maps to track welds on the piping system for each lines class.
- Prepare hydro test packages for test including pre-hydro walk downs.
- Maintain Pressure gauges calibration certificates on file.
- Compile QA/QC turnover packages, scan the final package to the server and forward for client QA approval. Once Client QA approved, make copy of the QA package for client Inspector and retain the original QA package on the job file for records.
- Attend toolbox meetings daily as required.
- Ability to liaise with third party testing and authorized inspection agencies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ABSA codes and regulations
- Ability to interpret construction codes and standards
- Team player with ability to multi-task
- The successful candidate will need to undergo pre-access testing and comply with client requirements
- Level II CWB welding inspection certificate with 2-4 years’ experience performing QC inspections in an industrial construction environment
- Must have working knowledge of various crafts and their associated special processes, inspection, and testing techniques
- Clean Alberta Class 5 Driver’s license
This is a full time position located in our Fort McMurray office. Metalcare Group Inc. offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Metalcare has been serving the oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemical, chemical, power generation, and pipeline industries over the last...