Metalcare Group Inc., one of Alberta’s fastest growing companies, currently has a career opportunity for an HSE Specialist. This key support role will assist in the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs for the company. This position will be a strong resource for technical and administrative direction on all HSE decisions, which bear critical importance to overall company objectives, operations, and profitability. The HSE Specialist duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability/willingness to be on-call to respond to safety situations as needed
- Develop, implement, and maintain a modified work program and manage WCB portfolio
- Manage HSE audits, benchmarking and key performance indicators
- Conduct work site safety assessments, visits and audits
- Assist the Division Managers by supporting safe work practices as part of training;
- Document all safety violations or unsafe conditions/activities and ensure corrective measures are immediately implemented
- Lead the investigation of all incidents (Recordable Incidents, LTI, Near Miss and First Aid) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted appropriately.
- Develop an Emergency Management Plan and communicate this plan to all personnel
- Schedule and Lead regular safety meetings for all company personnel to review HSE performance and policies
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position
- Create company culture which holds safety as a core value at all levels
- Manage all aspects of Drug & Alcohol testing (new hire, post incident, & probable cause)
- All HSE Record-keeping and reporting
- Maintain ISNETWorld; COR: and any other safety certifications as required
- Currently enrolled in or completion of post secondary OHS training
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Three to five years HSE management experience, preferable in oilfield environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel; both company and client
This full time position is located in our Fort McMurray office. Metalcare Group Inc. offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Metalcare has been serving the oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemical, chemical, power generation, and pipeline industries over the last...