Metalcare Group Inc., one of Alberta’s fastest growing companies, currently has a job opening for Transport Refrigeration and HVAC Technicians. To maintain, repair and overhaul mobile air conditioning systems and their components on heavy vehicles and modular buildings The HVAC Technician’s basic function is to provide safe, accurate and timely execution of work on jobs. You will work closely with other trades and support personnel assigned to their area. The successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to:
- Perform start-ups on air conditioning and heating systems.
- Maintenance work; checking all parts of a system, lubricating moving parts and monitoring the refrigerant charge.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment Diagnose and fix unit problems by replacing or repairing controls, electric wiring or other parts.
- Repair heating equipment, troubleshoot diesel fired auxiliary heaters.
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
As the successful candidate your skills will include:
- A Valid Transport Refrigeration or HVAC Journeyman ticket (Alberta) or Red Seal Interprovincial Ticket. Must have a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform precision tune-ups on mobile HVAC equipment.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant and duct systems on mobile HVAC equipment is an asset.
- Requires an understanding of time management and the ability to manage time effectively, efficiently and successfully.
- Must possess excellent communication and diplomacy skills necessary to resolve a client complaint or concern.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are needed.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Previous related experience is an asset.
- CSTS, and Emergency First Aid
This is a full time position located in our Fort McMurray office. Metalcare Group Inc. offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Metalcare has been serving the oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemical, chemical, power generation, and pipeline industries over the last...